Clubplanet Nightlife Community

review of Junior at Discoteque-EXCELLENT opening night!!

excellent night. got there just after 11: already fairly well attended. got more crowded as night went on. attendance guess: 800?? it was pretty packed from 2- on, had to dance in place.

very strong junior set. one of his best sets Ive heard live in a while. at least as god as the best sound factory set I heard, prob better.

nice mix of progressive/hard house and then payoffs like every 15 mins with vocal anthem-type hits.

highlights:

maroon 5 this love twice- 1st time a breaks mix

deeper & deeper twice- didnt sound like madonna? or maybe its a mix Ive never heard, 2004 mix?

jason my life

kris w save my soul- awesome

not shy nina velez ? I think was played.

systems of silence.

I stayed til past 6:30. junior still going & at last it cleared out after 6.

Casey Stratton "Blood" (Jr's Mix)...HIGHLIGHT

Casey Stratton "House of Jupiter" (Jr's Mix)...HIGHLIGHT

Deborah Cox "Who Do U Love" (Fumi's Mix)

Suzanne Palmer "Luv 2 Luv" (Jr's Mix)-twice

Suzanne Palmer "Luv 2 Luv" (Cevin Fisher Mix)

Jason "Set It Free" (Jr's Mix)

Shawn Christopher "Another Sleepless Night" (Redzone Mix)

House of Prince "Perfect Love"

Ke "Strangewold" (Jr's Mix)

Mariah Carey "Dreamlover" (David Morales 2003 Mix)

Mariah Carey "Emotions" (Blue Room 2004 Mix)

Eday "Addicted"

Vernessa Mitchell "Troubles Don't Last Always 2004" (Chad Jack Remix)

Vernessa Mitchell "Took My Life" (Jr's Mix)..twice

Purple Kitty "Bang On" (Chad Jack Dub)

Jody Lei "Just the Music" (Superchumbo Mix)

Corina "Whispers 2004" (Remix)

KWS feat. Gwen Dickie "Ain't Nobody" (Jr's Mix)

Billie Myers "101" (Jr's Mix)

Quentin Elias "This Time Baby" (Jr's Mix) performance

awful ventilation, with the crowd conditions a lil hard to take so had to chill by back bar. excelent music and a lot of energy.

if junior keeps up the 10-11 pm start and til 6 am close hours this will turn into the best nyc weekly of 2004. the music is awesome, small venue really suits juniors vibe. theyve got to get some air conditioning, that place is a bit of a dump. but that was a great opening night-- I have to think almost everyone there was having a great time- it seemed it from the energy.

what a craaaaaaaaazyyyy ass night! ..after waitin for an hour and a half (worth every second) because the fire marshall showed up..i got in..and Junya was just ...bombin...bombin..bombin!!...didnt stop..relentless!...bestttt fucking crowd ever!!!!!!!!!! no juicehead guidos with prickly arms..no rude ass motherfuckers..no scavenger ass bastards lookin to pounce on anything with a skirt...awwwesssomeeeeeee!!

defintely had a blast but i left with my friends at 2or 3 something cause they coudltn take the GAY crowd as my ladies said it. Music was incredible i was enjoying it not much room to dacne though. If they could have the sound louder in the backroom then it wouldve been better it was pretty low back there for my taste. Im sure when you say better than all the factory party you mean 46st not 27st.

...bestttt fucking crowd ever!!!!!!!!!! no juicehead guidos with prickly arms..no rude ass motherfuckers..no scavenger ass bastards lookin to pounce on anything with a skirt...

:clap: LOL!! your descriptive words are very familiar to me as you have described the "types" that I complain about most when it comes to the "other" clubs. :biggrin:

I knew the vibe would be tight...haven't had a good vibe :rock: party in a long while. :frust:

oh and the muzik that had this kid commited was dance hall (reggae)....u have to see her dance........wooooooooooooooooooooof....have to tame the kid a lil bit...

she never even has seen the inside of a club....i did show her and a group where SF....[my] space was on a tour, after seeing the Queen Mary, though....

yes, they are realizing my nutty side...much as I try to hide it.....

she did say she LOVED Jean Paul.............so, u know...what's wrong with that?