Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Just ordered fastaccess dsl xtreme thru bellsouth

Bling

i got Xtreme on friday, and think it's great...

when you get it, do a speed test on dslreports.com.

from here to a California server, my results were:

Your download speed : 2273188 bps, or 2219 kbps.

A 277.4 KB/sec transfer rate.

Your upload speed : 321595 bps, or 314 kbps.

i had cable and dsl lite at the same time, to test them both out and compare...to be honest, i was unhappy with the cable performance.

My first problem with BellSouth since 1st got DSL.

Since my upgrade to DSL Xtreme, everyday at 9pm I got disconnected. :confused: It's annoying as hell! I call BS last night and they told me I should upgrade to a newer Westell DSL modem. :bigfinge: Hell no! My modem works just fine, which is Alcaltel Speed Touch Home. Before my upgrade to Xtreme, I would be online without interruption for days. Now with Xtreme, 9pm every night I got disconnected. They don't have a clue why it happens.

Bottom line: I love the new speeds, but this 9pm thing everyday sucks. If they don't figure it out soon, I'll call them to cancel this bitch and switch to cable. Then we'll see how fast they figure it out.

My first problem with BellSouth since 1st got DSL.

Since my upgrade to DSL Xtreme, everyday at 9pm I got disconnected. :confused: It's annoying as hell! I call BS last night and they told me I should upgrade to a newer Westell DSL modem. :bigfinge: Hell no! My modem works just fine, which is Alcaltel Speed Touch Home. Before my upgrade to Xtreme, I would be online without interruption for days. Now with Xtreme, 9pm every night I got disconnected. They don't have a clue why it happens.

Bottom line: I love the new speeds, but this 9pm thing everyday sucks. If they don't figure it out soon, I'll call them to cancel this bitch and switch to cable. Then we'll see how fast they figure it out.

as far as your problem goes, that's weird, cuz i use the Speedtouch Home as well, and never get disconnected.

but, one thing you can't let BS do, is well...heh....BS you.

call 'em out on it. if your modem doesn't work properly with their service, and they don't know why, it's their responsibility to make it work right... even it means they have to send you a new modem, free of charge. shit should work as promised, hands down. i can be a customer service nightmare...but i get what's due.

as far as your problem goes, that's weird, cuz i use the Speedtouch Home as well, and never get disconnected.

but, one thing you can't let BS do, is well...heh....BS you.

call 'em out on it. if your modem doesn't work properly with their service, and they don't know why, it's their responsibility to make it work right... even it means they have to send you a new modem, free of charge. shit should work as promised, hands down. i can be a customer service nightmare...but i get what's due.

Eric,

I got an extra Westell Modem I received by accident

(their loss not mine)

You can have it dude. :aright:

Thanks Digital, much appreciated! :aright: But I really don't want to change it. I went out of my way to get the Speed Touch Home because that modem has the reputation of "always" staying on. I never had a disconnection problem until they upgraded my shit to the Xtreme DSL package.

I'm gonna wait it out a few more days and see what happens. Tonight after 9pm, if it does it again, I'll call and bitch again. I'm a very understanding person, however after a while of getting the run around, watch out! :mad:

Like I said, never had any real big issues with BellSouth until now. Hopefully they can resolve this problem.