Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gas prices out of control :(

Bling

Mopeds suck. You get zero respect on them from other drivers...i'm not talking about macho bullshit either, you just don't get noticed enough to save your life...if you want an efficient vehicle that will be noticeable enough so you don't get clobbered, get a real motorcycle...even if it's a used Honda sportbike from 10 years ago...

On that note though, I haven't noticed gas prices recently. My transit costs are 60-80 bucks a month...

How about all those Pizza Delivery people and truck drivers and anyone who commutes an 1 hour and a half to get to work DAMN

Well besides gas prices going up with no end in sight, Milk and Cheeze has gone up too.

OK so when can we see everyone's salary go up to compensate??

Just vote against Bush in November that's all

Peace,

Mopeds suck. You get zero respect on them from other drivers...i'm not talking about macho bullshit either, you just don't get noticed enough to save your life ...

It depends on the size of the driver ... and the skills. :gang:

If you live on the beach ... work on the beach ... your monthly cost in gas, including leasure driving, doesn't reach $10 ... never pay parking etc, etc, etc ...

And like Funk said ... buy a skateboard ... and enjoy the ride.

Why live on the beach and pay higher rent? ... cause it is priceless, moreso with gas prices nowadays. No matter what day, or what time, the ocean is 2 minutes away. :cool:

That's why I take mass transit until I can afford a good motorcycle.

When I did have a car, I did do a lot of highway driving...you can't take a scooter on I-95 last time I checked, and I'm not at the point yet where I want to be maintaining a scooter and a 4-wheeled vehicle.

Don't get me wrong, scooters are fun. My friend lets me use his Aprilia 100 a lot, and it's a hoot to zip up and down Collins Avenue on it. It has a nifty cargo pod too so I can keep my shit in it.

Downside, I've nearly been killed like ten times by some brightboy in an SUV who doesn't notice me nearby. I'd rather not have to dogfight everytime I take it out on the road.

And some bikes are just damn sexy:

Yamaha R1 ... top handling bike...perfect for getting around the terrible Miami drivers.

HPbig3.jpg

Suzuki Hayabusa "the 'Busa" ... fastest production bike in the world. It's a fucking rocket. Not for me, but it looks damn cool. That little hump on the back doubles as a cargo pod.

hayabusa%5B1%5D.jpg

Aprilia RST-1000 sport touring model. Enough performance to get around, plus with cargo features, hence "touring"...

PROMO_futura_v01.jpg

Each one of these costs $10-$12K new...you can get an older R1 for like $8,000.

I'd recommend learning on a smaller bike first, maybe a GSX-R...600 cc engine, very forgiving..a used one goes for under $4,000. My plan is to get one of those to fuck up on before I risk a higher-class bike.

Not to sound like a nerd, but safety is a must. I see too many road pizzas from stupid bikers not adequately protected. Spending $300 on a helmet and a Kevlar jacket and some riding pants is worth it in the end. A helmet alone is good at first, but the first time you fall, you'll be kicking yourself from the road rash...

If oil prices didn't affect anything other than the price of gas itself, I wouldn't be bothered much if it went up to European levels of $5/gallon or so. At those prices we'd see way more practical use of gasoline.

Last time as was at a dealership I was walking around and saw two H2s for sale. They looked quite out of place at a Ford dealership. As soon as I expressed a tad of interest a saleperson simply jumped on me offering me a test drive. Well, I had nothing better to do waiting on my car to be fixed, I decided to take a ride. To my surprise the H2 had 8000 on it, I asked why it was traded in. The guy said that the person "didn't like it." Once the testdrive was over, and I made it clear that I wouldn't buy such a gas guzzling hunk of metal the sales guy told me that the reason it was traded in was due to its immense appetite -- the previous owner simply couldn't keep fueling the beast. At 11-12 MPH in the city, filling up the tank with premium gets kinda pricey.

filling up the tank with premium gets kinda pricey.

Yes, but unless you're driving a high end sports car..or bike, if you will, you don't need anything above the lowest octane. It's really rather frivolous to do so...

btw...nice bike! :)