Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oakenfold @ Space next sat?

Bling

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another factor that DIVIDES our scene is the lack of respect of other peoples tastes and interests. Just because someone might come on here and say that they dont like Frankie Knuckles and is going to Oakie...that doesnt give anyone else the right to yell at them or berate them because their tastes dont match yours! We ALL have a scene to support, music we love and clubs that need our attendance...

:werd:

Great post Carisa :aright:

hey TO EACH HIS OWN!!!!! yer all still cool wit me even if you like william hung!!!

imo, oakenfold at space will be fucking awesome!!!! count me in!!!!! :party:

Hey . . . What's wrong with William Hung???? :punch::punch::punch:

P.S. Bling . . . very disapointed with lack of William Hung cd review . . . for that I hope the hawaiian chick wins and spoils your season of A/I . . .

Mirza told ME the other day, Franki Nunez or whatever his name is was like the father of house (not that i believe that) ... i have no idea who he is, never heard his sets before or whatever ..

on the other hand, ive had enough of oakenfold .. he can be a great fucking celebrity but hey, why keep on bringing the same old talent over and over again ?

go to nerve, have some drinks, say hi to Frankie and lyrik, then head for space and pay attention to lemoch (now, this is a not to be missed appearance) ;)

Andrew you are no longer a house DJ. :mad2::funny:

Let me give you at little lesson...Frankie Knuckles is the godfather of house...before house was called house this man was there....in the birth place of house...when all your favorite DJs like Turner...Chus & Ceballos were watching sesame street Frankie was pounding the beats out at a club called what....THE WAREHOUSE......now where do you think the name house music came from....ware(HOUSE)....the birth of our culture Andrew....remember when you were speaking about preserving our culture (house music)...well this is the very DNA of it. Grammy nominated Frankie is revered by many in the house community to be the real deal...no gimmicks...no standing on the turntables and giving the superstar pose...just real house. Without people like Frankie, Ron Hardy and Larry Levan who knows where club culture would be today. Its no big suprise that one of the biggest musical movements of the 80's has re-surfaced...acid house. This is like going to see the foremost expert in your field of study. If you were a law student and a seminar was being held by the most proficient lawyers around you would go....well this is that Frankie brings with him more experience than ANY other DJ out there.

P.S. Bling . . . very disapointed with lack of William Hung cd review . . . for that I hope the hawaiian chick wins and spoils your season of A/I . . .

dude you come out of the fucking woodwork every time someone mentions william hung! too fucking funny! a little creepy, but funny too. :laugh:

Go to wherever you want & thats it . simple remedy .

geeez you guys find drama from literally anything . :nono:

I mean you're right on it...but for this I have to be a little contesting to the issue...just because of the facts behind the issue....its a lot bigger than just deciding to see one Dj or another this time.The reason being that the people doing these parties are from another state coming here to try and give miami a great alternative. The succes of this night will have a big impact on what they do in the future here...and maybe for people that don't like house at all i can understand but anyone that likes it even a little should support it...why? If not they are gone and miami resumes its norm...Space strives and the little clubs still suffer which in turn whether you believe or not is bad for the edm scene as whole to miami. These guys can really bring in some talent...and I am talking week in and week out. It would be nice to see a great alternative to the bigger clubs going off....because believe me all these little clubs are right on the line of breaking even and we have all seen them go down one right after another before...space will always be there and its no secret that they bring the same DJs year after year...so whats the big deal in trying to make the club scene a little more cohesive around here and skipping out on someone that will be here at least another 2 to 3 times in the next 12 months.

Oakenfold looks scary in that picture...

Hell Oscar and Ralph look like their about to fuck someone up with the poses and looks on their faces .......Oakie just looks like he's waiting for a big money shot to come flying his way.

Hey Lyrik...read my post above and dont you EVER just on my case again for lack of support or community! I understand your point but save it for someone who ONLY goes to big name DJs or ONLY to superclubs!!!! I am the Queen of club hopping and varied muiscal interests!!! Who was at Blue for the local boyz instead of Ferry? Who went to Halo and didnt want to leave? Who is going to Opium tonight...check yourself. I am open to all musical styles and just because I express interest in going to something that you arent interested in I get a tongue-lashing and am told that I dont support the scene!?!?!?

:werd::werd:

:puke::nono:

Aparently not....

Ahh come on now...its not that bad...its all good...very rarely I have these flare ups...the doctors told me the rash would go away in time...but its been 4 years now. :flame: I'm truly sorry if I offended anybody and promise to allow CrzyB chomp away next time she does see me.

Don't ever put those 2 on the same level...Frankie was playing established residencies pumping the newest sounds while oakie was all x'd out being a little brit brat.

i dont know if you guys saw the interview David did on No Cover with FK

but he has been around longer than anyone in this industry

his music is timeless and has contributed tons to building todays house music

on that note......people rather pay to see Oakenfold -which is fine, to each its own. ....more room for me to dance at FK at Nerve :werd: