Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oakenfold @ Space next sat?

Bling

i dont know if you guys saw the interview David did on No Cover with FK

but he has been around longer than anyone in this industry

his music is timeless and has contributed tons to building todays house music

on that note......people rather pay to see Oakenfold -which is fine, to each its own. ....more room for me to dance at FK at Nerve :werd:

Its all about :heart:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do they always pair up MURK with the worst people?

Seriously conference with PVD inside. I had a blast outside, but I found it blasphemous that Oscar and Ralph didnt play inside during WMC. Fuck its Miami and its Oscar's room. Anyway, I'll be there to support the MURK boys after a little techno affair ;)

I have nothing against FK or Oakey, but I just rather hear something else.

People in the end will go where they want ot go so why doesn't everyone just relax and have a good time. Is it that fucking hard to do?

Why do they always pair up MURK with the worst people?

Seriously conference with PVD inside. I had a blast outside, but I found it blasphemous that Oscar and Ralph didnt play inside during WMC. Fuck its Miami and its Oscar's room. Anyway, I'll be there to support the MURK boys after a little techno affair ;)

I have nothing against FK or Oakey, but I just rather hear something else.

People in the end will go where they want ot go so why doesn't everyone just relax and have a good time. Is it that fucking hard to do?

well lets see, Space

trace back to Roger Sanchez and Gabriel and Dresden

not a very good choice, is it? poor Roger Sanchez had a clear main room

then we have Dj Vibe and Markus Schultz opening, Vibe rescued the main room, still people were standing in disbelief.....

whoa, talk about programming...

it isnt diffilcult to put two and two together, is it?

see you all at Frankie Knuckles. he rocks my world :werd:

OAKENFOLD SET'S IN THE U.S. BLOW PERIOD! Ever since 1999. he doesn't even look at the crowd and play's commercial cheese, If you wanna hear a real Oakenfold set download Oakie live at God's Kitchen New Year's 2000, no matter what music backround you are into that had to be one of the sickest fucking set's of his career aside from his stellar set in 1999 @the ROJAN in Shanghi,China.

Frankie Knuckle's has definately been around forever I think I caught a set from him at Warsaw many year's ago very talented when I was much younger, I'm torn between him and David Morale's but what the fuck do I know I'm a Trance head :spin2:

Honestly I think the REAL subject of WWIII here is the lack of knowledge of both

house & trance music.

While some folks may lean towards house, others will lean to trance and fight to the very bitter end because this is what they love...

...I applaud the loyalty you keep to your very deep roots (whichever they may be) but let's face it folks....MIAMI needs to be more open minded about electronic music.

There are folks outhere that will bash Gabriel & Dresden (they found THEIR formula..why hate??) as much as others hate Danny Tenaglia for playing "too gay"...

My point is... the masses need to be educated about what they are listening to, and become more active in the scene we live & breathe, not just the dj's:

we need more reporters, magazines, radio shows, photographers, reviewers, critics, etc...that will educate the people that have a newfound love for the beats.

That's just MY opinion.

:D

Honestly I think the REAL subject of WWIII here is the lack of knowledge of both

house & trance music.

While some folks may lean towards house, others will lean to trance and fight to the very bitter end because this is what they love...

...I applaud the loyalty you keep to your very deep roots (whichever they may be) but let's face it folks....MIAMI needs to be more open minded about electronic music.

There are folks outhere that will bash Gabriel & Dresden (they found THEIR formula..why hate??) as much as others hate Danny Tenaglia for playing "too gay"...

My point is... the masses need to be educated about what they are listening to, and become more active in the scene we live & breathe, not just the dj's:

we need more reporters, magazines, radio shows, photographers, reviewers, critics, etc...that will educate the people that have a newfound love for the beats.

That's just MY opinion.

:D

Anyone who criticizes Danny Tenaglia's sets by what they heard at Space, and anyone who thinks Danny Tenaglia plays "too gay" clearly does not understand Danny Tenaglia the dj, nor do they comprehend his ability to move a crowd like no other dj on this planet! Period!

Anyone who criticizes Danny Tenaglia's sets by what they heard at Space, and anyone who thinks Danny Tenaglia plays "too gay" clearly does not understand Danny Tenaglia the dj, nor do they comprehend his ability to move a crowd like no other dj on this planet! Period!

MY point exactly!!

People that go to the big superclubs or otherwise DONT HAVE a CLUE of what they are listening to most of the time!

agreed. danny has been my fav. dj since i was 13 years old. nobody can do what he does :balloon:

Eddy! You're not out and about tonight? Getting ready for tomorrow?

Yeah DT is my favorite "big name" dj. One time at Vinyl I heard Behrouz open for him! It was the best opener I've ever heard for DT! I think it was his 42nd b-day (not sure though). That was one helluva night!!! :D

ive just read this thread.....and this just affirms that we have some pretty dence people on this board.......its amazing how most of u just dont get it.......no matter what u like, nobody here has to like or support it!!!!!!!!!! get that tthrough ur head.....if nobody shows to frankie...yes it will be a shame. but oh well deal with it!!!!!!!!!!!! i myself would rather see FK than oakenfold, but i betta 10000000000000 dollars im not gonna see either....cuz as has been stated b4....the only scene i need to support, is my family, that lives in this house, where i have to pay bills and mortgage!!!!!!!!!!! news flash people this scene will give way to another scene evetually, so u had better deal with it.....this scene will never go away, but it will fade to the background.........but dont worry one day it will rise up again......its just the way it works!!!!!!!!!!! now all of u go enjoy whatever the hell u want to enjoy, without giving a fuck what another c.p. member thinks ur supporting, or not!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a great day, and try to hug one another every once in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD!!!!!:D

ive just read this thread.....and this just affirms that we have some pretty dence people on this board.......its amazing how most of u just dont get it.......no matter what u like, nobody here has to like or support it!!!!!!!!!! get that tthrough ur head.....if nobody shows to frankie...yes it will be a shame. but oh well deal with it!!!!!!!!!!!! i myself would rather see FK than oakenfold, but i betta 10000000000000 dollars im not gonna see either....cuz as has been stated b4....the only scene i need to support, is my family, that lives in this house, where i have to pay bills and mortgage!!!!!!!!!!! news flash people this scene will give way to another scene evetually, so u had better deal with it.....this scene will never go away, but it will fade to the background.........but dont worry one day it will rise up again......its just the way it works!!!!!!!!!!! now all of u go enjoy whatever the hell u want to enjoy, without giving a fuck what another c.p. member thinks ur supporting, or not!!!!!!!!!!!!

have a great day, and try to hug one another every once in a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD!!!!!:D

I'm not dence just passionate...when have you ever seen me come out post things like this...I almost never do. I guess I should have approached this in a better way and I apologized (actually I was just trying to give CrzyC and Bling shit...didn't intend for it to get silly)...but I do think this party will have a big effect on what Miami will have in terms of great clubbing options in the future. Poor showing and it will just be a memory and we'll go on with the norm prob. not much wiser....but really these guys have a great capability to do such good things here and are only testing it out right now to see how much of a crowd they would get with the most recognizable names out there....they could have brought basically anyone down here. If we have a good turn out I know that these guys are gonna give Miami tons of DJs that have never been here ever.That and Frankie is a big reason why we have this scene we have today...believe or not. I don't agree with the fade part.....people have been saying that about house since I started going to these things in the early 90' and even before then...house has been around since the early 80's its not going anywhere anytime soon....and if you look at the trends in Europe you will see the death of the super club and parties moving back to smaller more intimate clubs where house is the main stay....as for club culture the US especially Miami has always followed what Europe does as far as clubbing nightlife. Its not like I am new to the board and by no means am I new to this scene as a whole. I know you guys pretty good by now and know your tastes and respect them...you don't think that I absorbed all the genres at one point or another...I can relate and understand other musical tastes...hell way back when I was more in to drum and bass than I was house and started spinning that way before I even bought a house record...had my little branchs break off into trance...happy hard core...breaks anything you can think of I got into at one point or another because any musician will tell you that a real music lover and musician will find beauty in all forms of music. To me this is not about house vs. trance...its just about supporting a new residency that can offer Miami something they are not use to seeing. No show no go...we do as we do like usual...I'm just sick of seeing friends cycling through venues and residncies...these same friends are yours and mine...they provide quality talent basically free to all us ....free drinks....etc you kow whoe these guys are....the little places like nerve and privilege are seriously treading that line some months more than others....and before you know it they will be re-cycled again.

I'm not dence just passionate...when have you ever seen me come out post things like this...I almost never do. I guess I should have approached this in a better way and I apologized (actually I was just trying to give CrzyC and Bling shit...didn't intend for it to get silly)...but I do think this party will have a big effect on what Miami will have in terms of great clubbing options in the future. Poor showing and it will just be a memory and we'll go on with the norm prob. not much wiser....but really these guys have a great capability to do such good things here and are only testing it out right now to see how much of a crowd they would get with the most recognizable names out there....they could have brought basically anyone down here. If we have a good turn out I know that these guys are gonna give Miami tons of DJs that have never been here ever.That and Frankie is a big reason why we have this scene we have today...believe or not. I don't agree with the fade part.....people have been saying that about house since I started going to these things in the early 90' and even before then...house has been around since the early 80's its not going anywhere anytime soon....and if you look at the trends in Europe you will see the death of the super club and parties moving back to smaller more intimate clubs where house is the main stay....as for club culture the US especially Miami has always followed what Europe does as far as clubbing nightlife. Its not like I am new to the board and by no means am I new to this scene as a whole. I know you guys pretty good by now and know your tastes and respect them...you don't think that I absorbed all the genres at one point or another...I can relate and understand other musical tastes...hell way back when I was more in to drum and bass than I was house and started spinning that way before I even bought a house record...had my little branchs break off into trance...happy hard core...breaks anything you can think of I got into at one point or another because any musician will tell you that a real music lover and musician will find beauty in all forms of music. To me this is not about house vs. trance...its just about supporting a new residency that can offer Miami something they are not use to seeing. No show no go...we do as we do like usual...I'm just sick of seeing friends cycling through venues and residncies...these same friends are yours and mine...they provide quality talent basically free to all us ....free drinks....etc you kow whoe these guys are....the little places like nerve and privilege are seriously treading that line some months more than others....and before you know it they will be re-cycled again.

Lyrik, you know I totally agree with everything you wrote but here on CP, for the most part it's falling upon deaf ears!!! It all comes down to one controversy: enjoying one night of clubbing while not giving a fuck about what you're listening to versus passionately supporting a scene that is in dire need of reestablishing itself in a city that claims it has good nightlife!