Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Gyms in Miami Beach

fldomestic

Crunch on 12th and Washington is $50 a month. Signed up two days ago. Started yesterday. In severe pain right now. I used to go to the gym in college four times a week. I got spoiled by the University facitily (University of Miami ... $40 million gym), so I never joined a health club...but I won a drawing for Crunch, and I don't have to pay until September...it's not bad at all, it covers all the bases, and isn't too crowded in the late afternoons when I usually go.

I'm in the same boat too. I'm like 175 now, I was 155 consistently a few years ago.

Fucking South Beach and its 80-hundred restaurants. I was a decent 162 when I moved here. 6 months later I'm 180. Been battling ever since. Finally got my willpower under control and I am slowly on the way back down. Mountain biking, baby!

Idol's Gym (Next to Burdines)...open 24 hours...$199.00 for a year if you work out from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. (late night special)...if not the memberships come out to $30.00 a month.

Cool, I'll check this out. I too was wondering where to go workout. I am at LA Fitness in Kendall right now for $35 a month and moving to the beach, there is no LA Fitness here. I definately didn't want to pay an arm and a leg so I will check this out.

Cool, I'll check this out. I too was wondering where to go workout. I am at LA Fitness in Kendall right now for $35 a month and moving to the beach, there is no LA Fitness here. I definately didn't want to pay an arm and a leg so I will check this out.

Hey thats where my wife and I go...well she goes more often than I do.

Energy its a great new (opened like 8 months ago) gym on Sunset Harbour Drive.-Next to Purdy Lounge to be exact. And the whole gym has an amazing view of the bay. Gets a little busy around 6, but I love it. Check it out if you get a chance. Crunch is great as well I was between both of them when joining my only prob with Crunch is the parking...Washington can get a bit hectic with parking.

Fucking South Beach and its 80-hundred restaurants. I was a decent 162 when I moved here. 6 months later I'm 180. Been battling ever since. Finally got my willpower under control and I am slowly on the way back down. Mountain biking, baby!

yeah.... cuz miami has so many moutains LMAO :)

Ironworks (alton and 16th) and Idols as previously mentioned. both have plenty of free weights, which I prefer over machines. the prices for yearly membership are very reasonable. Gold's is overpriced, and way to cramped. Crunch IMO is like working out in a box, and if you drive good luck trying to find parking.

You guys are all talking South Beach, but you didn't specify, so ... my gym is up in North Beach (near my neighbourhood) on Collins and 74th. It's called Med-Fit and it's a great place. Way cheaper than the gyms down in South Beach ($300 a year) and the staff there are really cool. The gym is in an old theatre, so the setup is kinda cool. The equipment is in the orchestra pit and the classes are held up on the stage. Anyways, that's where I am three times a week after work :bounce::bowdown: