Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Dallas?

chaos33

Overall TEXAS sucks..... BCZ it closes to early and theres too many DRY counties :splat:

Austin, Houston, & Dallas are cool :)

In Dallas ckeck out clubs on Lower Greenville(a street), and in Deep Ellum (a part of town, next to downtown... :pint:

:bounce: As far as dance music goes... check out Lizard Lounge, Red Jacket, and listen for DJ Merrit on the EDGE (radio station)

I also suggest you check the local record stores for underground parties (prob. your best outlet for good international & lcoal talent)\

Hope this helps, Good Luck

I think Red Jacket is done....I talked with John Walker not too long ago and he was doing parties there for a while with Paul Peredes and he said its ova. Paul is out in Cali now and John is focusing on producing. Dallas is a really cool town, I enjoyed living there. Should post up at undergroundhouse.net and ask about parties on the message boards there...those cats know whats coming through all the time...here is a little bit of info I got off of there:

June 4 - Funky Transport (Flygaric, Brique Rouge, UK) @ Pharmacy

www.dallasbeats.com

http://www.dallasdancemusic.com/forums/calendar.php

I recently moved to Dallas from Miami, and if you want to hear some serious Prog House, the best music by far, is at Seven. you should go on Saturday, the Dj is from Miami and knows how to throw it down. The crowds can be iffy though, it just depends on the night. The best time is from 2-4. Everything else pretty much closes at 2 so most people that want to stay awake head over there. In terms of bar/club hopping and doing a SoBE-style walkaround, head over to lower Greenville. Its hectic and parking sucks, but there are always a ton of people around there. Zubar is actually a decent place. The Velvet Hookah in Deep Ellum is also pretty cool. When I go out, I usually start in Greenville, then head down to Seven at 2. I'll be back in MIA for Lawler this weekend, or else I'd try to show you around. Good Luck! Take advantage though, drinks are usually waaay cheaper than in Miami. :pint:

Check out these links for some info:

www.sevendallas.com

http://dscene.dmagazine.com/home.html