Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Old pic that I found (Twilo)

It's after they shut down and people were leaving flowers/writing messages to bid farewell.

Lucky.., Thnx for posting pics of twilo and the twilo-days.. if u have more please post it. Looking back at it now i should have taken pics..

People that have not experienced the TWILOEUPHORIA will not understand.

Twilo is not just a club. Not just Music, not just about how great the DJ is or the records he plays.

it's about the Unity of the type of people it brought in. The events that they were blessed to have experienced.

The deep connections they felt when speaking to total strangers and sharing with them their passions and feelings.

The experiences i have had with that so called "Just Real-State" for some unfortunate people, are that equivalent to a Born Again Christian, or life changing experiences.

The best of friends that i still have today I have met within the walls that were a stage for DJ's to showcase their talent.

So please don't let others who have not experienced the TwiloEuphoria exercise your patience.

Twilo has brought such great depth and more meaning in my life more so than near death experiences (all natural).

It has taught me to exercise my responsibility as a mature responsible brother, son, friend, uncle, coach, teacher and entertainer to be patient, loving, and joyous.

Yes. Twilo has done all that and more for me.

And for those, who are quick with a tongue to say that perhaps my experiences and outlook must be anemic in comparison to the average American, that I need a night club to be taught this or experience this - then like i said,

They haven't experienced the TwiloEuphoria.

Never in a club and i've been around the nation, has enriched my soul, spirit, and body as Twilo has.

I mean for example i can't even strike a conversation with a girl in NJ club w/o her thinkin' i'm picking her up.

I had nearly a 2hr converation with people in Twilo about my theory of Holographic Theory of Mind and Universe, a very abstract and not easily comprehendible matter with an individual who has a Masters Degree in Psychoanalysis and Human Behaviour, and how the dynamics of my theories and Hinduism parrellel not only with the observable and spiritual but also to the reasonings of why a b/f or a husband would want his/her wife or husband to kiss a total stranger.

So please for all of you who mock those that have placed letters, flower to a "real-state" perhaps just take a second and try to understand.

Gambit, i wasnt old enough to be into the Tunnel/Twilo/Limelight days. Actually started when i was 15 at EXIT1, but didnt know about them till later on as i progressed myself in the underground EDM scene.

But EXIT to me was like home to me. i dont know how much EXIT means to you, but i understand how much TWILO means to you and thats exactly how i feel about EXIT. Every Friday, we all went to EXIT to have a good time. We all knew each other. The bouncers knew us. We walked in all the time no questions asked. I always made friends there. Friends ive made back in exit im still partying with them today. it was that instant bond. that one pound, that one hug. all of us shared that common interest. every time the fog machine came on, every time it snowed inside exit. it was like heaven for all of us. candy has played a role, haha which lead to all the bonding and friendships. none of us couldnt wait till the next friday and share the next 7-9 hours with each other. EXIT was home for all of us. and now.... ? its gone =T

i really miss the old EXIT days. wish i had a chance to hit up Twilo/Tunnel/Limelight. now im really into the scene, and its just not as good as it was back then. im sure you had alotta fun.

Perhaps people left FLOWERS at Twilo for all THE Overdosed, Raped, Stabbed, Mugged, and robbed MOThofuckers.

I am so glad it was closed for Ever.

...........Robbed, mugged, overdosed? you have nerve, while simultaneously carrying that chicago wannabee ny logo on you.

Fortis...is a very well known dickhead...in his own home area. Now, when that's your rep in your home town....y would u be any better here?

think about it.

And that other moron partner....befriends (ha-ha) a former Twilo employee before they get here..... friend indeed...really did nothing for him, but milk him for info on how Twilo...operated. I know, I befriended him, too. But, I already knew Twilo.

p.s. == "lot's of vibe & p*ssy"...............there was nothing to write home aabout.....what do u think...nyc grew a whole new set of "p*ssy" in the last year....same shit u see everywhere else.

.................nasty people who talk like that.....might as well go ghetto.

guess where "vibe" came from....u have no clue.

.......................frumpsters is all I saw at that door......clueless at that...whole team of frumpsters. ....imposters all around....but, that is no surprise.

If all you're concerned about when you go out is dressing up (and others being dressed up) and PUSSY, you couldn't possibly understand what was happening at Twilo. Maybe you should stop telling people what you think they should believe in and REALLY practice 'being yourself'. That means that if people like glowsticks, let them play with their glowsticks. If they want to dress comfortably, then let them wear sneakers or whatever they want to wear. Twilo was one of the greatest experiences for anyone who appreciated it. The 'vibe' had nothing to do with drug searches. It had to do with people accepting each other and truly enjoying music and dancing together.

PS- great Twilo pics

If all you're concerned about when you go out is dressing up (and others being dressed up) and PUSSY, you couldn't possibly understand what was happening at Twilo. Maybe you should stop telling people what you think they should believe in and REALLY practice 'being yourself'. That means that if people like glowsticks, let them play with their glowsticks. If they want to dress comfortably, then let them wear sneakers or whatever they want to wear. Twilo was one of the greatest experiences for anyone who appreciated it. The 'vibe' had nothing to do with drug searches. It had to do with people accepting each other and truly enjoying music and dancing together.

PS- great Twilo pics

A-Men...............it was deffinitely in a ClASS of it's OWN....fo' sure.

No one directed kid traffic like Darryl.....ever see some of the tunnel kids tryin' to get in? Darryl just waiting...."get up the block...go!"....pretty funny, poor kids, some was Junior worshipers wanting to be d.j.'s themselves. They hadn't graduated Tunnel, yet, though....

but.........

www.knobrecords.com

Corbo is mentoring a few of them now....which is cool.

I keep track of my kids. Cuz, well.....someone has to...their in good hands.

:bounce::)

i've been around for a long time and been to them all.

i have my favorites as does everyone else.

it's not a debate over how great a place was.

leaving flowers outside of a fucking brick building b/c a club closed is truly pathetic. there's no other way to slice it.

(yeah i know i'm late in the thread, but even i was surprised how rediculous that was)

fuck themes, beYOURSELF means BE YOURSELF period.

i mean DRESS UP.

i mean NO GLOWSTICKS

WTF, does be yourself means, BRING A GUN TO club and SHOOT 17 PEOPLE?

Dress up means DRESS UP.

you are one sick individual .... Beyourself but dress up... thats NOT being yourself... and now one ever said being yourself was shooting 17 people wtf bro... you claim ARC was one of the best clubs but yet your so obssed with "dressing up in club" i dont know what ARC you went to but the one i went to was people being themselfs and dressing anyway they wanted. in fact one night i wore pjs. and had a blast! A club is so much nicer when you can be yourself and wear what you want instead of being all dressed up and uptight!

SUPPORT?

He doesn't pay my rent or bills.

I will go TO see or hear him when i feel like it not RELIGIOUSLY every weekend.

I PREFER DANNY TENAGLIA AT EITHER CROBAR OR SPIRIT WHERE EVERYONE MUST DRESS UP AND STRICTLY NO GLOWSTICKS.

LOTS OF VIBE, LOTS OF PUSSY, LOTS OF NICE PPL AND MOST OF ALL PHAZON.

END OF STORY.

DT AND CROBAR BUT YOU MUST DRESS UP OR STFU.

DT will never go to a shitty place like Crobar and nor will he ever make his fans "dress up"

i've been around for a long time and been to them all.

i have my favorites as does everyone else.

it's not a debate over how great a place was.

leaving flowers outside of a fucking brick building b/c a club closed is truly pathetic. there's no other way to slice it.

(yeah i know i'm late in the thread, but even i was surprised how rediculous that was)

Why is it such a crazy thing? If a club meant something to people, why can't they say goodbye on their own terms? Just cuz you wouldn't do it doesn't mean it's a stupid thing to do, Mr. know it all :hat:

People do a lot crazier, unexplicable things than leave flowers and goodbye things on the steps of clubs.

And this shouldn't even be an argument about what club is better than what. Twilo was the shit, other ones don't even come close.

Those that know, KNOW :cool:

Gambit, i wasnt old enough to be into the Tunnel/Twilo/Limelight days. Actually started when i was 15 at EXIT1, but didnt know about them till later on as i progressed myself in the underground EDM scene.

But EXIT to me was like home to me. i dont know how much EXIT means to you, but i understand how much TWILO means to you and thats exactly how i feel about EXIT. Every Friday, we all went to EXIT to have a good time. We all knew each other. The bouncers knew us. We walked in all the time no questions asked. I always made friends there. Friends ive made back in exit im still partying with them today. it was that instant bond. that one pound, that one hug. all of us shared that common interest. every time the fog machine came on, every time it snowed inside exit. it was like heaven for all of us. candy has played a role, haha which lead to all the bonding and friendships. none of us couldnt wait till the next friday and share the next 7-9 hours with each other. EXIT was home for all of us. and now.... ? its gone =T

i really miss the old EXIT days. wish i had a chance to hit up Twilo/Tunnel/Limelight. now im really into the scene, and its just not as good as it was back then. im sure you had alotta fun.

LoL I started in EXIT too.. it was my 1st home :)

even promoted there and was there alllllllll the time!

we would call it our EXIt Get aways.. Beacuse we would go all night open - close and then go out for breakfast wouldnt get home till like 1pm the next day it was the best! I miss thoses days... I never went to Twilo but wish i had... I went to the Tunnel and had a BLasTTTTTTTTTTTTTt... went to Limelight also... those nights were crazy! but Exit was my 1st home

Why is it such a crazy thing? If a club meant something to people, why can't they say goodbye on their own terms? Just cuz you wouldn't do it doesn't mean it's a stupid thing to do, Mr. know it all :hat:

People do a lot crazier, unexplicable things than leave flowers and goodbye things on the steps of clubs.

And this shouldn't even be an argument about what club is better than what. Twilo was the shit, other ones don't even come close.

Those that know, KNOW :cool:

I TOTALLY AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT, AND NOT TO ADVOCATE RAMPANT DRUG USAGE LOL, BUT OUT OF CURIOSITY...WHY IS IT CONSIDERED ALRITE N NORMAL FOR PPL TO DRINK THEMSELVES INTO OBLIVION NITE AFTER NITE, GET MANGLED , DO STUPID SHIT, CAUSE FIGHTS ETC ETC. THE THINGS THAT COME ALONG W/ DRINKING CROWDS..BUT AS SOON AS THE WORD " DRUG " IS MENTIONED ITS " DIRTY"? IM NOT IMPLYING YOU PARTICULARLY, JUST IN GENERAL, BEIN A RAVING , DISGUSTING, ALCOHOL- FUELED MESS IS FINE BUT WEN ITS A DRUG CROWD ITS CRAP? i just wonder, being that im not a big drinker or heavy into drugs, why its fine to be a drunken mess, it still is AWFUL for ur body, still is one of the main causes of death, violence, accidents, etc etc...its JUST as dangerous to be fuked up on as MOST drugs. but yet everyones fine w/ someone posting " i went n got WRECKED OFF MY FACE..." ha ha...but god forbid someone posted bout bein mangled on drugs they'd be dirty, ruining the scene, a general problem for everyone who's IN IT for the music.

bottom line in my opinion is both screw you up, both impair ur judgment, cant drive etc etc, both can be messy- so why are drinkers "normal" clubbers and the ones who do drugs the problem ppl? just b/c alcohol is legal? well so are cigarettes and nicotine not tina is THE most addictive substance on earth so dont tell me legal= safe.

for every person ive seen g out somewhere ive seen TEN fall all over themselves drunk, puke on ppl, get obnoxious, and start fights. just trying to look at it unbiased, from a different perspective...

Crobar is and will be by far the best CLUB ever Built in the U.S.

For you Vibe means NO SEARCHES FOR DRUGS

For me Vibe means CLEAN club drinking with Friends FUCK THE DJ

DT was AND still the FUCKING MAN x100

IF DT gets to do a BIWEEKLY residence at crobar - NYC will be HAPPY then

Just PLEASE DO DRESS UP PLEASE.

AND by FAR CUT THE 12 HOURS MARATHON - 6 OR 8 will be PERFECT!

DT, CROBAR, LIQUOR & 11P - 6AM = PERFECT HEAVEN

NOT FAN OF JUNIOR, VICIOUS OR ANYONE ELSE

DT IS THE MAN.

i think this thread is classic

i bet on my life,

That if i gave u a quick quiz sobe,

of the layout of palladium,Tunnel,Limelight,Carbon,Usa,Robot,s,Mecka,and SEX

i bet, on my life, you couldnt tell me anything about the inside of the place,

Esp street's Dj's,Room's times it opened closed....

BECAUSE i really believe, your a dreamer, who has never stepped foot into any of the clubs listed above,

ITS SO OBVIOUS,

Yet a few years ago? u were asking Where Twilo was located?

NOW your a fucking expert? on Ny's past?

Bt didint know twilo wa son 27th street? prob dont even know the cross street.....Well u prod do, u prob READ Alot about it

READING, and Going.

are different hunny.

please find your EXIT

Your OVER, :hang:

:ghey:

:vomit2:

FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT, AND NOT TO ADVOCATE RAMPANT DRUG USAGE LOL, BUT OUT OF CURIOSITY...WHY IS IT CONSIDERED ALRITE N NORMAL FOR PPL TO DRINK THEMSELVES INTO OBLIVION NITE AFTER NITE, GET MANGLED , DO STUPID SHIT, CAUSE FIGHTS ETC ETC. THE THINGS THAT COME ALONG W/ DRINKING CROWDS..BUT AS SOON AS THE WORD " DRUG " IS MENTIONED ITS " DIRTY"? IM NOT IMPLYING YOU PARTICULARLY, JUST IN GENERAL, BEIN A RAVING , DISGUSTING, ALCOHOL- FUELED MESS IS FINE BUT WEN ITS A DRUG CROWD ITS CRAP? i just wonder, being that im not a big drinker or heavy into drugs, why its fine to be a drunken mess, it still is AWFUL for ur body, still is one of the main causes of death, violence, accidents, etc etc...its JUST as dangerous to be fuked up on as MOST drugs. but yet everyones fine w/ someone posting " i went n got WRECKED OFF MY FACE..." ha ha...but god forbid someone posted bout bein mangled on drugs they'd be dirty, ruining the scene, a general problem for everyone who's IN IT for the music.

bottom line in my opinion is both screw you up, both impair ur judgment, cant drive etc etc, both can be messy- so why are drinkers "normal" clubbers and the ones who do drugs the problem ppl? just b/c alcohol is legal? well so are cigarettes and nicotine not tina is THE most addictive substance on earth so dont tell me legal= safe.

for every person ive seen g out somewhere ive seen TEN fall all over themselves drunk, puke on ppl, get obnoxious, and start fights. just trying to look at it unbiased, from a different perspective...

Funny, you just stated what I've been thinking for a long time. There are many drugged out people I used to see at SF, Exit, Palladium, Tunnel etc. etc. etc..... just having fun dancing all night. :getdown:

Granted you have the occasional OD'er. However... how many fights, puking, getting drunk smashing windows of cars, etc. etc. etc. have I seen from people with too many drinks? :drunk:

Like u said... yeah drinking is legal and drugs aren't, but it's just a funny thought. Things that make you go hmmm.....

All of the greatest parties had one thing in common...UNITY and non Judgement.I was lucky enough to get to Arena and then Twilo....for me they were both more than just nightclubs but closer to church.

All things run in cycles and unfortuneatly the cycle is at its low ebb.....

I feel sorry for the new party people because they have nothing to experience like what we had.Unity is a joke because everybody is trying to get over.

The truth is...when you are clubbing..make fun happen instead of expecting the fun to be supplied.But then again the preemies out there today wouldnt have the attention span for that.

Flowers at the door of twilo...great idea.

Palladium was my first church.

Remember the Saint!

Oh yeah for those who dont seem to remember David Wax played at twilo many many times.