Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Waxman fan HERE.!!

I cant believe the lack of taste of quite a few of the peeps who post here..

David has paid his dues and deserves to be exactly where he is........

Ive been listening to him for years and still havent heard him play a bad record...even I cant say that about my shows!

Crobar may lack a little vibe but its because of he lame attitudes of the patrons rather than the dj....

David does the job and does it right.....I guess he doesnt play the 2 hour drumrolls most of you seem to pine for.Id love to see some of you get on the decks and see what you can do...

David Waxman a man before his time

Id love to see some of you get on the decks and see what you can do...

This is always a STUPID comment. You don't have to be a DJ to know when a DJ *sucks*. Just like I don't have to be an actor to appreciate that The Day After Tomorrow is an abomination. The overwhelming concensus is, David Waman blows, and he blows in what's supposed to be one of the flagships of NYC clubs. If one of the "best" clubs in New York has Waxman headlining as a regular resident, then the scene is doomed.

first of all the scene is an abomination,probably because of narrow minded people like you.If David was that bad there wouldnt be 4-6 thousand people flowing through Crobars doors every Saturday night.Where did you compile this "consensis" of yours? Prob simply and singularily from this trite message board.

David is working at the flagship space in NY because he deserves to be there and he also steadfastly works behind the scene to keep dance music alive.

God forbid he spreads his repotoire into areas most of the other pablum feeding dj's could never conceive to dwell.

You are simply another big mouth with nothing to back up his transparent and nearly invisible words.

Another motormouth that never took a turn behind a set of turntables but has every comment on how it should be done,but has no guts to step up and try....preferring to take cheap shots from the cheap seats.With clubgoers like you around its no wonder the whole scene is indivisible from the fall of Rome.

The scene is doomed because of elitist attitudes like yours with no consideration to putting up or shutting up.Shut up and dance.

first of all the scene is an abomination,probably because of narrow minded people like you.If David was that bad there wouldnt be 4-6 thousand people flowing through Crobars doors every Saturday night.Where did you compile this "consensis" of yours? Prob simply and singularily from this trite message board.

David is working at the flagship space in NY because he deserves to be there and he also steadfastly works behind the scene to keep dance music alive.

God forbid he spreads his repotoire into areas most of the other pablum feeding dj's could never conceive to dwell.

You are simply another big mouth with nothing to back up his transparent and nearly invisible words.

Another motormouth that never took a turn behind a set of turntables but has every comment on how it should be done,but has no guts to step up and try....preferring to take cheap shots from the cheap seats.With clubgoers like you around its no wonder the whole scene is indivisible from the fall of Rome.

The scene is doomed because of elitist attitudes like yours with no consideration to putting up or shutting up.Shut up and dance.

:laugh: You're an absolute moron. Nothing to back it up? I've partied for 13 years and seen practically every DJ worth seeing under the sun in America, Canada, Ibiza, all over mainland Europe and South America. I don't have to BE a DJ to know when one sucks, dipshit. Use your common sense. There are many local DJs who know "how it should be done" and Waxman ain't one of them:

Roger Sanchez

Danny Tenaglia

Hector Romero

Satoshi

Francois K

Danny Krivit

Astro & Glyde

That Kid Chris

LES

Oh wait, because I'm not a DJ, I'm not qualified to say these DJs above are good, right? :laugh: Waxman couldn't hang with these guys. He's in the Bush Leagues. His style is boring and his mixing is suspect.

I cant believe the lack of taste of quite a few of the peeps who post here..

David has paid his dues and deserves to be exactly where he is........

Ive been listening to him for years and still havent heard him play a bad record...even I cant say that about my shows!

Crobar may lack a little vibe but its because of he lame attitudes of the patrons rather than the dj....

David does the job and does it right.....I guess he doesnt play the 2 hour drumrolls most of you seem to pine for.Id love to see some of you get on the decks and see what you can do...

David Waxman a man before his time

you dont know shit about shit... you probably waxman.. shut the fuck up

this trite message board.

Get over yourself. It was YOU who came to this TRITE message board to post your thoughts. Apparently, you don't think it's that TRITE afterall. Fucking loser. :rolleyes:

I haven't heard Waxman spin in ages.......... Met the guy at Crobar Miami... totally awesome dude...........

But you guys are the ones who have heard his sets lately so I can't comment on that... I can say, for the most part, I've always enjoyed when he's spun in Miami.....

carry on ;)

Let me begin by saying I've never heard David Waxman before but I know first hand what a difficult job he has. Resident DJs really have a tough role in the world of clubland. I am currently the resident at Avalon so it's a position I'm quite familiar with.

Most often we are the first DJs you hear when you walk into the room. In many cases we are still warming up the room and the vibe hasn't fully kicked in yet. We can't "open up" our sound a lot of times b/c we can't upstage the guest DJ for the evening (in my case it's someone world famous every single week). There's a very delicate way of opening the room up for every DJ and each week I put in A LOT of thought as to how I'm going to do this effectively. I want to make my own distinct mark yet also set up our main act appropriately.

And b/c we play the same venue week in and week out, we ALWAYS have to vary our style or risk becoming another DJ "who plays the same records every week." Touring DJs can play the same records in different venues with virtually no one knowing the difference, but we don't have that same luxury. Being a resident takes A LOT of work, dedication to the venue, an understanding of the room, and most importantly you have to be versatile. Lord knows I've played virtually every style of music known to man. I am constantly buying and receiving the latest tunes and I have certainly been known to play obscure b sides of old records. Believe me when I tell you that being a resident DJ takes A LOT OF HARD WORK AND DEDICATION!

And just b/c a resident may have a bad night doesn't mean he/she is bad DJ. Often times a resident has to play a certain role or has to cater to the sound that the main act brings in. There's really a complex and delicate art to it.

And here's another important point. Everyone has different tastes in music and every DJ has a certain style that not everyone may enjoy. I've played with so many world famous DJs that I've lost count and let me tell you, not all of them have been my cup of tea.

Show your NYC resident DJs some love! Believe me, we work very hard.

DJ Eddie Lee (Avalon resident)

Ok, I am going to simplify this as much as you can…you may not like they type of music David plays, you may not like the way he interacts with the crowd (he doesn’t and this is why all you little dj punks don’t like him) but you can’t say he sucks shit…if you do you clearly know NOTHING about music or mixing… David is a Dj’s dj….ask anyone who spins from Danny Tengalia (who says he is one of the best dj’s out there, don’t belive me go to his site, you can read all about it there) to anyone in the know. Say you don’t like his track selections, whatever…but saying he SUCKS makes you look like and idiot. I mean he is good enough for crobar International, to spin everywhere from Sona to Time to Manumission to Space, Limelight, Roxy and was a resident at Twilo, had the number one album on billboard 4 weeks in a row… and some punk who has been dancing for 13 years comes out and says “The overwhelming concensus is, David Waman blows, and he blows†you sound like a complete idiot… what makes him blow? His track selection..the guy only works for the number on dance label in the US and gets the most cutting edge tracks out there…god, dude shut your mouth, you just sound like a complete moron.

Let me begin by saying I've never heard David Waxman before but I know first hand what a difficult job he has. Resident DJs really have a tough role in the world of clubland. I am currently the resident at Avalon so it's a position I'm quite familiar with.

Most often we are the first DJs you hear when you walk into the room. In many cases we are still warming up the room and the vibe hasn't fully kicked in yet. We can't "open up" our sound a lot of times b/c we can't upstage the guest DJ for the evening (in my case it's someone world famous every single week). There's a very delicate way of opening the room up for every DJ and each week I put in A LOT of thought as to how I'm going to do this effectively. I want to make my own distinct mark yet also set up our main act appropriately.

And b/c we play the same venue week in and week out, we ALWAYS have to vary our style or risk becoming another DJ "who plays the same records every week." Touring DJs can play the same records in different venues with virtually no one knowing the difference, but we don't have that same luxury. Being a resident takes A LOT of work, dedication to the venue, an understanding of the room, and most importantly you have to be versatile. Lord knows I've played virtually every style of music known to man. I am constantly buying and receiving the latest tunes and I have certainly been known to play obscure b sides of old records. Believe me when I tell you that being a resident DJ takes A LOT OF HARD WORK AND DEDICATION!

And just b/c a resident may have a bad night doesn't mean he/she is bad DJ. Often times a resident has to play a certain role or has to cater to the sound that the main act brings in. There's really a complex and delicate art to it.

And here's another important point. Everyone has different tastes in music and every DJ has a certain style that not everyone may enjoy. I've played with so many world famous DJs that I've lost count and let me tell you, not all of them have been my cup of tea.

Show your NYC resident DJs some love! Believe me, we work very hard.

DJ Eddie Lee (Avalon resident)

Nice post and i agree... as for waxman i havent heard him befdore to be honest so i cant comment. My instincts tell me he cant be that freakin bad if crobar pays him and hired him as their res. If everyone thinks the guy sucks why would they keep him on board ya know? also, what local dj's would you guys wanna see be the resident at Crobar instead of waxman???

there are a few wankers running around on the this board using terms like..."this guy sucks" or shit like that... anyway, waxman doesn't suck... he actually is really really good, and other than these dj worhsip type people, PVD IS GOD MAN!!!!!! just about anyone who hears him thinks he's great....mixing skills are top knotch, track selection is amazing considering the marathon sets he has to drop each weekend... check him out for youself

Its amazing to me how people are so quick to point fingers and say such and such DJ sucks just because of track selection and the vibe the nightclub had. A DJ has two jobs, provide the club with a vibe by giving them the music they can identify with and enjoy show a level of skill which exceeds past the average joe DJ. The problem with the vibe part is when you are at a superclub like Crobar, the crowd is mainly there to be at the club like Silverbull mentioned unless its an international DJ such as like a Deep Dish or Sander where people go just to hear the DJ. Its tough to provide a vibe for people not into the music at all. I've been to Vinyl a couple of times when DT was spinning and I couldnt even stand to be there. Was it because DT and the vibe he was supposed to be providing?

I have heard Waxman years ago and always thought his skill and programming were all quality. The vibe portion is half club/half DJ.

If your gonna complain about the track selection, thats another story. For example, most of what Jonathan Peters plays I cant stand, but the guy has considerable talent. Another example, Tony Draper used to have a following and people actually liked what he played, but the guy had next to no talent whatsoever in either programming or skills.

Take it for what you want, but you cant castrate a DJ because that particular night you didnt have a good time or the vibe wasnt there.

the thing is, waxman plays to an older, more sophisticated crowd, they aren't going to go nuts with glow sticks and chant like they do at tiesto... he doesn't spin kiddy bars, doesn't wave his arms about, or shine flashlights, so if that is what you are into, he isn't your thing...the older crowd out for a night out, with some good dance music will like him, people with "get off the floor if you ain't dancing" type shit on their threads are going to post stuff like "you dont know shit about shit... you probably waxman.. shut the fuck up" and they aren't the ones crobar is after...thank god.

Its amazing to me how people are so quick to point fingers and say such and such DJ sucks just because of track selection and the vibe the nightclub had. A DJ has two jobs, provide the club with a vibe by giving them the music they can identify with and enjoy show a level of skill which exceeds past the average joe DJ. The problem with the vibe part is when you are at a superclub like Crobar, the crowd is mainly there to be at the club like Silverbull mentioned unless its an international DJ such as like a Deep Dish or Sander where people go just to hear the DJ. Its tough to provide a vibe for people not into the music at all. I've been to Vinyl a couple of times when DT was spinning and I couldnt even stand to be there. Was it because DT and the vibe he was supposed to be providing?

I have heard Waxman years ago and always thought his skill and programming were all quality. The vibe portion is half club/half DJ.

If your gonna complain about the track selection, thats another story. For example, most of what Jonathan Peters plays I cant stand, but the guy has considerable talent. Another example, Tony Draper used to have a following and people actually liked what he played, but the guy had next to no talent whatsoever in either programming or skills.

Take it for what you want, but you cant castrate a DJ because that particular night you didnt have a good time or the vibe wasnt there.

:clap:

one of the best points i have EVER heard on this board

doy ou really think 4000 people in thier care whos spinning. NOPE. Sorry to get into this but believe me their there for CROBAR not the waxman cause theirs no serious musicheads there for HIM.

Just curious Silverbull... I saw in your sander k post that sander was your first time at crobar. If thats true then you never heard waxman play at crobar, so how do you know that hs is so bad?

However, I just wanted to say to DJ Eddie Lee that you do a great job as the resident dj at avalon and at times outperform the superstar dj's that perform there. Even this past saturday for tiesto, many people I talked to were impressed with your set. Once again, thanks for the great music. :bounce: