Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Combat training

One time on VH1- they did a thing on how USHER works out and his trainer says he doesn't use any machines or weights but rather his own body weight

And carrying your own body weight makes you stronger ..which kinda makes sense ...

Anyone here know what I'm talking about ??

Yea, it's push ups, sit ups, neg dips, plus and bunch bunch of of other S&^t. There was a football player (I forget his name but I think he played for the cardinals) and he swore he never used weights. But the question is what does this have to do with combat training?

all those exercises you mentioned uses your won body weight as resistance..

USHER's trainer said this is what they do during combat training .

I guess you have to know how to throw your own weight around swiftly during combat ???

Yea, it's push ups, sit ups, neg dips, plus and bunch bunch of of other S&^t. There was a football player (I forget his name but I think he played for the cardinals) and he swore he never used weights. But the question is what does this have to do with combat training?

It was actually Randall Cunningham that trained that way...swore by that workout...

• 2 weeks later...
It was actually Randall Cunningham that trained that way...swore by that workout...

I agree. Bar dips, military pull up, wide grip pull ups, lateral pull ups and push-ups are the best excercise for your upper body.....i always feel great doing this routing vs say doing bench presses etc...

Usher is a skinny little bitch and if he swears by something, I suggest you look for advice elsewhere since his true testimony would be his body and there ain't much to write about in that subject...

With that said, calistenics (sp?) will make your muscles stronger and if performed consistently, could build up your internal body strength... one of the main principles in martial arts. Building up your chi (internal strength) without using free weights. When I was going to karate full time about several years ago, I was definitely a lot stronger than I am today and I wasn't lifting weights back then...

• 3 weeks later...

It has nothing to do with combatr more like jailhouse workout. My friend was upstate for 5 yrs all they could do was workout like this

i swear with all these workout tapes they should have one called jailhouse workout