Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What is wrong with the door people at Discotheque?

ok . to start with positive news .. i had an amazing night yesterday lisetning and dancing my ass off to Eric Morillo .. the music was un-believable .. Eric kicked ass man .. and his sets were truely amazing .. i never heard him spin before .. but i am a fan now .. i am going to buy his CDs ..

however here is the reason i am posting this thread ..

what's up with the door people .. they let whoever they want and like .. no matter if they are in line or not ..

lemme explain

i got to the club around 5.15 pretty early ha? wrooooong .. i stayed in line until 6.30 .. the line was moving like 2 inches every 15-30 mins ..

sooo many people would show up .. and cut everyone off .. and talk to the door people .. who would then just let them in .. with free or comps .. duno ..

they had a separate line also .. dont know if it was vip or what . but anyone in that line, got in pretty fast .. while the main line . was the unfortunate one .. that last line would totally stop at so many times .. no movement at all

and wht even bugged me more were those people getting special treatement coz they know the door people .. i mean . those guys/girls were not any differently dressed than the main line .. and as a matter of fact many of them looked like they were on drugs already or out of it .. some of them looked pretty trashy ..and some looked like total getto ..

sorry i am not into putting people down .. but i did not see why were those people getting any special treatment . showing from no where and getting immidiately in .. while others (who looked pretty nice and like real club goers) would stay in line for hours and hours ..

pretty redicilous if u ask me

other than the door thing .. Eric was awesome .. too bad he had to spin in such a fucked up club ..

i am not going back there .. and not only did they loose my business .. they also lost my referrals . which are couple of hundread people that i know .. i am letting everyone know that this cluc has great potential .. but if they keep treating people like this with no respect for their time and presence .. then they will loose big time

sooooooo having said all that .. what do you people think ?? .. i am intersted to hear from people who were there and were part of that looooooooooooooooooooooong line that moved like a turtle .. i am also interested to know from people who used to go there .. is this usually the case with this club . or was that an unfortunate incident coz of the DJ popularity???

peace

the MASK

Peace

the MASK

well i agree that is sucked to be in that line, but i definitely expected it, and was pretty patient considering... maybe b/c i am from out of town and we didnt know anyone at the door, so i wasnt expecting any special consideration. but there is always going to be a certain amount of people that the staff expects to come to a club, who are regulars or whatnot, that they pretty much have to let in no matter what time they show up. at such a small club if they had packed it right away with the randoms who show up early, they would end up in trouble.

so IMO, sucks, but understandable.

im pretty sure they'd let in disco regulars before they let in people who r there for the first time. door policies suck..but its a part of club life. i waited almost 2 hrs on Junior Vasquez's opening night @ Disco...and it was worth the wait

well i agree that is sucked to be in that line, but i definitely expected it, and was pretty patient considering... maybe b/c i am from out of town and we didnt know anyone at the door, so i wasnt expecting any special consideration. but there is always going to be a certain amount of people that the staff expects to come to a club, who are regulars or whatnot, that they pretty much have to let in no matter what time they show up. at such a small club if they had packed it right away with the randoms who show up early, they would end up in trouble.

so IMO, sucks, but understandable.

ok . i hear ya .. but you know . they were not letting anyone from the line in .. even when the other (perhaps vip or something) line was empty ..

also . whatever happened to clubs for music .. how can they be discreminating like that .. especially when the people at the long line looked nice and presentable ????

listen .. i have been going to clubs for more than 15 years .. and i am regular in many clubs .. but you know i would never use my status to cut in front of the line or get in before people who are already waiting ..

that is just plain respect for other people's time and presence .. i wont do it and will never do it ..

just being regular does not guarantee you, in my opinion, a special status .. ok . may be discounts or something when u get to the front of the line (or comps too of course) . but you should not be cutting anyone just coz u r regular ..

again . that is my opinion ..

peace

the MASK

I ain't pumping heat but we got in quick around 5 and change. The line must have build afterwards.

Peace

digital .. u were there very early .. and u escaped the whole door trama .. i should've came very early like you guys ..

i really thought that showing up 5.15 would be a piece of cake to get in . wroooong

peace

the MASK

im pretty sure they'd let in disco regulars before they let in people who r there for the first time. door policies suck..but its a part of club life. i waited almost 2 hrs on Junior Vasquez's opening night @ Disco...and it was worth the wait

dude .. i mighe be able to understand to some extent the regulars thing . but not that much and not that way like in this discoteque club .. they are wayyyyy too much .. when u r standing that .. for hours just to move inches .. and on top of that you are paying (it is not like u r asking them for favor) and you look nice and pleasant .. and of course .. u party like crazy (i know i know they wont be able to tell that from the door) ..

anyway .. Eric Morallis was amazing .. but the door thing killed it for me

peace

the MASK

u picked the wrong morning hun there was a line around the corner cuz it was his last time for the summer otherwise at 5 there isnt so much of a line outside tho its packed inside the crowd goes in and out of the place. And regulars get to know the bouncers so either they let u in cutting the line or if u give htem money they let u cut especially when its around the corner and they r letting in one person at a time at that place

dude .. i mighe be able to understand to some extent the regulars thing . but not that much and not that way like in this discoteque club .. they are wayyyyy too much .. when u r standing that .. for hours just to move inches .. and on top of that you are paying (it is not like u r asking them for favor) and you look nice and pleasant .. and of course .. u party like crazy (i know i know they wont be able to tell that from the door) ..

anyway .. Eric Morallis was amazing .. but the door thing killed it for me

peace

the MASK

who is eric morallis

u picked the wrong morning hun there was a line around the corner cuz it was his last time for the summer otherwise at 5 there isnt so much of a line outside tho its packed inside the crowd goes in and out of the place. And regulars get to know the bouncers so either they let u in cutting the line or if u give htem money they let u cut especially when its around the corner and they r letting in one person at a time at that place

ok ok .i am learning . but u know dear .. i was like few feet away from the door and that did not move for more than an hour .. i think it is prety redicilious .

may be i will give it another chance .. coz may be u r right .. may be it was for morillo .. duno

i still think that no matter who u r . there is no way u be treated differently .. we are all humans and we have our values ..

peace

the MASK

ok ok .i am learning . but u know dear .. i was like few feet away from the door and that did not move for more than an hour .. i think it is prety redicilious .

may be i will give it another chance .. coz may be u r right .. may be it was for morillo .. duno

i still think that no matter who u r . there is no way u be treated differently .. we are all humans and we have our values ..

peace

the MASK

i agree with u hundred percent in this business its always about who you know its always been like that if u know the door guy ur good if not u gotta wait which isnt fair

i thought morillo was awesome....after dancing and sweating like crazy all night i sat on the speakers and just bopped my head to the beats for a good hour...u know i'm enjoying it when i can sit down and still bop my head with a big smile on :D ...the circles were fun...especially when the guys took over...they were hilarious....and dang, that one black dude is flexible! wasn't that anthony lamont that made an appearance? awww....he's so cute and happy...

yeah, got there right at opening, about 5am (and closed it at 2pm baby!), and there was already a line! but got in relatively quickly...sorry about the door drama Mask...i guess it was bc it was Morillo's last nyc night. an hour long wait is insane though...i don't remember the last time i had to wait that long to get in anywhere. it IS nice to be able to cut the line though sometimes, espeicially when u get there late and u just wanna hit the floor immediately, but i understand that it's rude to others already waiting in line. i get annoyed myself when people do that to me...so u cut and get cut sometimes...it's normal, but last nite was a special event so.....

glad i went though...it was a blast...the lights and tunes were just insane. Digital, you shoulda brought your LASERRRRR and worked those green micros more! :D as always Mask, you were werkin that circle babe...that was fun...people got a kick outa the mask...and it was a pleasant surprise to see you there ;)

too bad i haven't seen morillo more often...i'll have to check out his CDs

good seeing u there bluedragon! hi hi :)

I got there at 5:45 and could only deal with waiting an hour before we bounced. Plus, it seemed every half hour they started raising the prices so i had a bad feeling that by the time I made it to the front, they'd jack me for sixty bucks which I didn't have. Not to mention, 90% of the line was on tina and there's something about those eyyzz that make me totally uncomfortable.

Mask, I can't believe I didn't see you on line, bro. You usually stick out like a raging case of oral herpes.

man its such a shame that some of ya are new to morillo? You missed out on when he was defintley one of the best djs in nyc. Now like someone said hes like the new JP meaning a bunch of pots and pans. Although once in a while you can still hear his old school sound popping out. Subliminal thursday were the shit 2 yrs ago. Sucks that mask and kimmie are friends of mine but ya are stuck on this whole avalon thingy for like the past yr or so and have missed a lot of great parties.

It pays to go out to different place to hear different things and get to know certain people who throw parties. This way you can avoid those long lines and get skipped right away, its called being generous. IM glad at times im able to do this when necessary. Not abuse it though. I mean most people have moved on from this afterhrs party onto other stuff. DISCOTHEQUE has a nice staff for juniors parties the old arc staff with rob. I Dunno if its the same for this sat/sun party but they are very generous to me and a bunch of others.

I got there at 5:45 and could only deal with waiting an hour before we bounced. Plus, it seemed every half hour they started raising the prices so i had a bad feeling that by the time I made it to the front, they'd jack me for sixty bucks which I didn't have. Not to mention, 90% of the line was on tina and there's something about those eyyzz that make me totally uncomfortable.

Mask, I can't believe I didn't see you on line, bro. You usually stick out like a raging case of oral herpes.

hey jay .. sorry to hear that you did not make it kid .. it wouldve been fun to see you there .. oh well

they were jacking up the door price . now that to me sucks big time .. why the heck were they doing this ????

where did u end up going? or did u go home?

ya u did not see me since i dont wear the mask in public .. hehe

peace

the MASK

ive been to disco many times and never really had to wait TOO long in line, then again i'm a girl and im either goin in by myself or w/ other girls so that tends to be easier lol. i got there at around 8 and there were maybe 10 guys on line and we were all in w/i 5 minutes i'd say. i never really had any gripes w/ the ppl there, security n door n watnot...but doesnt sound like u had a very good time of it- least @ the door :(

ok . to start with positive news .. i had an amazing night yesterday lisetning and dancing my ass off to Eric Morillo .. the music was un-believable .. Eric kicked ass man .. and his sets were truely amazing .. i never heard him spin before .. but i am a fan now .. i am going to buy his CDs ..

however here is the reason i am posting this thread ..

what's up with the door people .. they let whoever they want and like .. no matter if they are in line or not ..

lemme explain

i got to the club around 5.15 pretty early ha? wrooooong .. i stayed in line until 6.30 .. the line was moving like 2 inches every 15-30 mins ..

sooo many people would show up .. and cut everyone off .. and talk to the door people .. who would then just let them in .. with free or comps .. duno ..

they had a separate line also .. dont know if it was vip or what . but anyone in that line, got in pretty fast .. while the main line . was the unfortunate one .. that last line would totally stop at so many times .. no movement at all

and wht even bugged me more were those people getting special treatement coz they know the door people .. i mean . those guys/girls were not any differently dressed than the main line .. and as a matter of fact many of them looked like they were on drugs already or out of it .. some of them looked pretty trashy ..and some looked like total getto ..

sorry i am not into putting people down .. but i did not see why were those people getting any special treatment . showing from no where and getting immidiately in .. while others (who looked pretty nice and like real club goers) would stay in line for hours and hours ..

pretty redicilous if u ask me

other than the door thing .. Eric was awesome .. too bad he had to spin in such a fucked up club ..

i am not going back there .. and not only did they loose my business .. they also lost my referrals . which are couple of hundread people that i know .. i am letting everyone know that this cluc has great potential .. but if they keep treating people like this with no respect for their time and presence .. then they will loose big time

sooooooo having said all that .. what do you people think ?? .. i am intersted to hear from people who were there and were part of that looooooooooooooooooooooong line that moved like a turtle .. i am also interested to know from people who used to go there .. is this usually the case with this club . or was that an unfortunate incident coz of the DJ popularity???

peace

the MASK

Peace

the MASK

man its such a shame that some of ya are new to morillo? You missed out on when he was defintley one of the best djs in nyc. Now like someone said hes like the new JP meaning a bunch of pots and pans. Although once in a while you can still hear his old school sound popping out. Subliminal thursday were the shit 2 yrs ago. Sucks that mask and kimmie are friends of mine but ya are stuck on this whole avalon thingy for like the past yr or so and have missed a lot of great parties.

It pays to go out to different place to hear different things and get to know certain people who throw parties. This way you can avoid those long lines and get skipped right away, its called being generous. IM glad at times im able to do this when necessary. Not abuse it though. I mean most people have moved on from this afterhrs party onto other stuff. DISCOTHEQUE has a nice staff for juniors parties the old arc staff with rob. I Dunno if its the same for this sat/sun party but they are very generous to me and a bunch of others.

dude . i am about dancing .. and morillo definetly is awesome ..

i dont get stuck on names . nor clubs . but in my age .. and after all i have done .. i want a place where i know everyone . make friends ..and definetely hear great music .. that happens to be avalon ..

other clubs .. i duno .. i am sure u will find supporters to every club .. and i am not saying avalon is the best either . but it works for me and kimmee .. for now at least ..

as for exploring other clubs .. dude .. i have explored sooo much clubs when i was your age and i grew out of that .. it is not about the money .. it is about knowing what u r up to .. and when u go to certain clubs constantly u kina know what to expect and to find ..

as for door policy and skipping coz u know people .. ok may be i did not make myself clear ..

i think that clubs should treat every one with respect unless they behave differently ..

i think that clubs should treat everyone same ..

just because you know people and you are regular does NOT garauntee you admission before people who were standing there for hours .. it is called disrespect to these people's times .. as if they have nothing else to do

for the longest time i have been to clubs (and i dare that anyone here been to clubs longer than i did) .. i was always respectful of that rule ... the only way i got treated differently was when i approched the door and the ppl there realized me then they would great me with a smile and a comp ..

but other than that . i never used my status and connections to skip anyone coz i know when that happend to me i was not happy and i do respect people's feelings ..

that is just me . .. weired . may be .. respectful and considerate to other people . definetly .. but that is how i like to treat people and be treated ..

clubbing and dancing .. are easy .. connections and getting-in fast are also easy .. what is not easy is to adhere to certain principles .. stick to them .. and u gain the love of people .. but more importantly . u gain the respect u want for yourself ..

sorry for the lecture .. couldnt help it ..

peace

the MASK