Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Oakenfold opinons?

I'm curious as to what everyone's opinions are on this board of Paul oakenfold when he spins live.... I'm thinking going to his show at avalon july 2. I've never seen him live, but I do like his "Great Wall" album. Is it worth sacrificing a night down at the shore????

I'm curious as to what everyone's opinions are on this board of Paul oakenfold when he spins live.... I'm thinking going to his show at avalon july 2. I've never seen him live, but I do like his "Great Wall" album. Is it worth sacrificing a night down at the shore????

I was a great Oakey fan back in 97,98,99,00. But got tired of the 2 hour sets. He sometimes play more then that. He sets are still up to par though. He still is an amzing dj. But I now perfer PVD, or Armin. I will be at the door of this event at AVALON.

Victor Soto

cool.... I tend to go more for the quality of the tracks, then the mixing. I think I"m gonna go just cause I've always wanted to hear him live. I"m a huge pvd, armin, ferry, g&d fan, so this will be good to see. Avalon kicks ass lately... I love how hot the scene is right now...

I've seen him live 5 times. The first was good. The rest,OK. I'd say overated, and definatly over paid. He made 7 mill. last year. He charges up to $25,000 a show. And Bunka, well it was bunk. But other than that...he's got this showmanship thing going for him.

he WAS good and u gotta give him credit for tranceport and shit like that but the last few years its complete shit - he does a max of like 2 hour sets and everyone ive seen has been a complete disaster.

ditto

enough said

Well, I've never been a huge Oakenfold fan but some of the live sets I've heard from him lately he's played some good dark hard progressive so it's tempting to go see him. But what makes it even more tempting is according to the flyer Hernan Cattaneo is going to be there also!!

Best Oakie set ever is this:

Live @ the Rojam - Shanghai, China (9.26.99) 2 hour set.

That was when he was in his prime!!

ACTUALLY THAT WAS HIS SECOND BEST and it's Rojan, Try listening to him live Essential mix 12-31-00 @GOD'S KITCHEN NYE 2000 SICKEST DJ SET I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE and I have been into this whole music scene,spinning for 10 year's.................

the opening of that set is nothing short of a shot of pure adrenalin str8 in your fucking heart Oakie at his fucking best not even Tiesto not can anybody can touch that set