Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Johnson....

Reeni

Report: U.S. hostage beheaded

Al Arabiya says new video shows killing

Friday, June 18, 2004 Posted: 1:38 PM EDT (1738 GMT)

(CNN) -- An Arabic TV news network said Friday that American hostage Paul Johnson Jr. has been beheaded by his Saudi captors.

Al Arabiya said its bureau chief had been shown the video of the killing.

Earlier Friday, Al Arabiya had aired an emotional statement from the wife of Johnson.

Johnson's wife, Noom, who is Thai, said she hoped the Saudi government "can help my husband."

U.S. and Saudi investigators concluded an intensive meeting Friday, Saudi officials said, as security forces spread all over the kingdom searching for Johnson.

Johnson, 49, a Lockheed Martin Corp. employee, had been kidnapped Saturday in the Saudi capital of Riyadh. He helped maintain U.S.-built Apache helicopter gunships for the Saudi military.

Johnson's captors had threatened to kill him by Friday unless the Saudi government releases al Qaeda prisoners and Westerners leave the Arabian Peninsula.

Abdel Aziz al-Muqrin , the self-proclaimed military leader of al Qaeda in Saudi Arabia, claimed responsibility for Johnson's kidnapping and the death of another American on the same day on behalf of a group called the Al Falluja Squadron, which says it has ties to al Qaeda.

The State Department has urged all Americans to leave Saudi Arabia, but Johnson's sister, Donna Mayeux, said her brother "always felt safe in Saudi Arabia."

"My brother is an honorable man," she said. "He has always treated people with dignity and respect."

and the poor son begged for his fathers life.

This shit's gotta stop. Why the fuck are we wasting our time in Iraq now. The real threat is Al Qaeda, and they are scheming more deaths and terrorist threats as we speak.

start sending covert investigators over to saudi arabia/Yemen/etc and let's defeat this evil empire :mad3:

start sending covert investigators over to saudi arabia/Yemen/etc and let's defeat this evil empire :mad3:

...interesting choice of words...you sound like bush for a minute...lol...does anybody else find it ironic that this guy actually worked on maintaining US weaponry in Saudi?...not that there should be "good" in all of this, but this event will certainly help push actions and events in one direction or the other...the way i see it, we'll either pull out sooner or take more extreme action...depending on who's still in office when we finally accept that we're at that crossing as a country...

...interesting choice of words...you sound like bush for a minute...lol...does anybody else find it ironic that this guy actually worked on maintaining US weaponry in Saudi?...not that there should be "good" in all of this, but this event will certainly help push actions and events in one direction or the other...the way i see it, we'll either pull out sooner or take more extreme action...depending on who's still in office when we finally accept that we're at that crossing as a country...

the way i look at it, fight fire with fire

the fact that terrorists operate in the depths of the world secretly, we're not gonna get anywhere by attacking overtly. If we want to get somewhere, we need to approach this in a new, clandestine way so no one can assume us or calculate our advances.

I took this great intelligence class in college. or maybe it's all the chuck norris films i've watched :cool:

the way i look at it, fight fire with fire

sure why not because then IT WILL NEVER END

we go at them, they go at us, we go at them, they go at us and it stops where??

This can not keep going on. Innocent people from both sides are getting slaughtered and leaving behind devastated loved ones and for what...So one side can NOT be the one to end it.

This can not keep going on. Innocent people from both sides are getting slaughtered and leaving behind devastated loved ones and for what...So one side can NOT be the one to end it.

so how do you suggest we take care of this?

im not saying go in there and slaughter all of Al Qaida. Im just saying spy on them, find out their hideout, their moves, befriend those in the circles.

Then snuff them out. I know it sounds impossible, but i feel that's one way to get the job done w/out killing many---

The biggest change needed is in foreign policy - it's that simple. I'm not a big fan of an eye for eye either but I also acknowledge you can not fight savagery with chivalry. If the US lowered it's greed and ergo it's involvement in all global affairs, it would do itself a huge favor.

No where near as disturbing as the DP movie file, but still a sad turn of events...

And before people start saying we should pull out everywhere and return home... that's what the terrorist want. They are playing with people's emotions. As sad and fucked up it is to say these words, in the grand scheme of things - his life is a small sacrifice for something our country was built on. We pull out now and another Sadaam or Osama will rise up with greater power than before... a nuke bomb on that whole area would really make me happy...

this is war not some school yard brawl. the world is a harsh place to live in. this will go on for a very long time. do you think they'll ever be a truce? no there won't be