Clubplanet Nightlife Community

**And the SURVEY says!!!**

From the last ClubNYC Dinner Meet-Up post it seems to be a dead tie between November 10th and November 17th.

So, I'm gonna take the suggestion (I believe it was artful) and just let it swing with the wind. Besides the fun of the meet-up in the beginning was that there was no rules or schedules!! So we'll schedule something for both days and who ever can make it will (I'm sure) make it!!

Here's the deal! Our next meet-up will be on Friday, November 10th and we will do Brazilian (according to the majority). One of our memebers (I forgot who) suggested this restaurant and I think it's perfect for our group. The restaurant is called "Churrascaria Plataforma." It's perfect cause the place also cater to vegetarians. So, for those of you who didn't want to eat too much before Twilo (ROB!!) can stick to the salad bar. However, this restaurant is a pre-fix restaurant and I know that after our last meet-up a lot of you are not quite for the pre-fix thing anymore. So, here are TWO restaurants that I found which I think would work good for us. One is pre-fix and the other is not. You guys choose!

So, by show of hands . . . who will be joining us for our next meet-up?

When: 7:30 p.m. on Friday, November 10th

Option #1 Where: Churrascaria Plataforma, 316 West 49th Street (between 8th and 9th Avenue)

Option #2 Where: Esperanto, 145 Avenue C

BlueAngel

------------------

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."

- Lao-Tzu pkiss2.gifangel.gif

[This message has been edited by blueangel (edited 11-02-2000).]

Originally posted by jammy:

Preguntas por favor, Isn't that place prix fixe also? I know they have a menu and all but for big groups do they make you get the prix fixe?

~*Jam*~ aka concerned Mama

Oops . . . hehe . . . I think you're right. I'll change the post.

BlueAngel

------------------

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."

- Lao-Tzu pkiss2.gifangel.gif

Guest crystalmethodny

Im down.

------------------

"We're going to build things up slowly... are you with me? Here we go."

"I think of you, how I used to do on Sunday Afternoons."

www.extremegroove.com

Originally posted by myrlin:

I will be out of town on the 10th but I hope you all have fun =)

I'm with Claudio...I will be outta town also that night, but someone have a rib for me! cwm27.gif

~*Jam*~

------------------

...I can't see you, you can't see me! as-slow.gif ...

I'm there. I'm gonna take a peek at the 2 spots first before I give a vote for one.

------------------

gohanssj2.gifBabymin1.gif

<I'm a Fire-starter>

<Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee!!> <I got the glow, baby!!

Can ya feel it?!? Now back up and give me some dancin' room!!>

--- When the Artful speaks

oh meus dio... churrasco?! Gostosa!!

Eu quero muito picana, e lingua, e corracao de galinea, mmmmmmm.

Oh, quasi escerce, AIPIM! Quero AIPIM!!!! Talvez eles tien carne do sol tambem! Oh, e guarana, e pastel, e todos as comidas...

Sempre demais tempos sem churrasco.

Seu Gaucho!

Oi, e to Maluco!

tee-hee, vamos comir smile.gif

------------------

sig.jpg

cold spoonin' on this lovely autumn day

spoonyd.iwarp.com

shadow dude...

you gotta understand the way a brazilian barbecue works (called Rodizio).

It's always a one price meal. You sit down, and they bring you out stuff like rice, and corn bread and bean salad kinda stuff... then the meat starts.

Guys walk around with big skewers of meat fresh off the barbecue... They walk around from table to table asking people who wants what. If you want what they're carrying, they cut it off the skewer onto your plate. And there's so many different kinds of stuff to choose from, picana (simple flank steak, heavily salted that you dip in flour... it's AWESOME), and chicken breasts, and chicken hearts, and tongue sausage, and tripe... They just keep coming around with these skewers of barbcue and give you as much as you want.

It's the only way to eat if you like meat. There's no better way to barbecue.

I can't wait.

yum.

If you're not into the barecue I'll suggest a nice boel of feijoida, or perhaps a big crock of moqueca, carne do sol con aipim is also meal to be rekkoned with.

If you're hanging at the bar - stick with the caiparinias.

------------------

sig.jpg

cold spoonin' on this lovely autumn day

spoonyd.iwarp.com

Originally posted by spoonyd:

shadow dude...

you gotta understand the way a brazilian barbecue works (called Rodizio).

It's always a one price meal. You sit down, and they bring you out stuff like rice, and corn bread and bean salad kinda stuff... then the meat starts.

Guys walk around with big skewers of meat fresh off the barbecue... They walk around from table to table asking people who wants what. If you want what they're carrying, they cut it off the skewer onto your plate. And there's so many different kinds of stuff to choose from, picana (simple flank steak, heavily salted that you dip in flour... it's AWESOME), and chicken breasts, and chicken hearts, and tongue sausage, and tripe... They just keep coming around with these skewers of barbcue and give you as much as you want.

It's the only way to eat if you like meat. There's no better way to barbecue.

I can't wait.

yum.

If you're not into the barecue I'll suggest a nice boel of feijoida, or perhaps a big crock of moqueca, carne do sol con aipim is also meal to be rekkoned with.

If you're hanging at the bar - stick with the caiparinias.

Oh I love Brazilian food, trust me I do...but I rarely eat right before I go to Twilo...and I don't feel like paying extra. wink.gif

------------------

"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

shadowchaser076@aol.com