Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Trance Dead???

Babe I hate to burst your bubble, but I live in Miami.Party 93.1 is the cheesiest radio station on Earth.They play Motorcycle 12 times an hour.Its little teen bop dance music.Global DJ Broadcast is the shit.Markus is a great DJ and I appreciate everything that he has done for EDM in Miami.In Miami all of the major nighclubs in South Beach only play house music.I love all EDM, Breaks, Trance, D&B, and funked out dirty house, especially prog house!!Trance is easier to listen to, house has more soul and the majority of people dont understand it.

Dude, Im from New York, and I would fkn kill for a station like 93.1 out here, all we got is fkn ktu which is cheesy as shit, and half the fucking time, they're playing fkn disco 70's music. 93.1 issss pretty cheesy during the day, but I'd rather listen to motorcycle 12 times a day rather than fkn than mid 70' music. AND YOU GOT GLOBAL DJBROADCAST WHICH IS THE GREATEST WEEKLY RADIO SHOW IVE EVER HEARD, WE HAVE JUNIORVERSE WITH JUNIOR VASQUEZ WHO'S OLD AND WASHED UP? And most clubs in miami play may house music, but you do have your clubs that play trance, you may just not frequent them,dont forget where George Acosta came from. Not for nothing, I bet you more people listen to trance in Miami, than there are people who go to house clubs because they actually love house to the point that they listen to it in their cars or at their house. House clubs in Miami, crobar for starters, are all trendy, chic clubs where all it's about is who you are, how you look, and how much money you make yourself seem like you have, NOT CAUSE THEY LOVE HOUSE. With the exception of Space, the vibe in every house club in Miami SUCKS ASS, and Space gets like that too. Look at the fkn people who hang out on the roof for sunrise sessions. It's a miracle if you find someone up there who didint have plastic surgery at some point in their life. People who go to trance clubs, love trance for the music, not the look.

DISCO AND 70S FUNK and R & B are the grand parent of house so PLEASE dont disprespect. Now mind you ktu might play the more popular songs out during that time so i can see your frustrations. But if only you knew all the GREAT songs from that era off of WEST END RECORDS for starters. May i suggest you by LOUIE VEGAS, FRANCIOS K, DANNY TENAGLIA, AND TONY HUMPHRIES CHOICE cds for really good music from that time.

As for radio here what do you expect from ktu. Heres what i listen to

MON NIGHTS FROM 1030PM TILL ABOUT 1AM 89.1 FM

TUES NIGHTS FROM 8PM TILL ABOUT 12AM ON 90.3

SAT NIGHT FROM 7PM TILL 930PM WBAI 99.5 ALSO FROM 1AM TILL 5AM 98.7 KISS FM

I'm going to be in DC for July 4th weekend... that party's going to be so much fun though, i'm so mad i'm missing it!!!! :(

wow... the one event i'm going to that we are both interested in you'll be in dc.. haha well i will have a beer for you..

Hell No! Don't get me wrong house dj's like morillo and tenaglia still rock but nothing can fill me up with as much energy as a good trance set. Trance outside of NY is alive and well.....and its great to see Trance DJ's coming back to NY. Although, I do agree DJ's like Tiesto, Oakenfold, and PVD are getting way too commercialized, but I guess thats expected given their popularity.

KTU is garbage. What happened to 92.7lir? A station like party 93.1 would do so well in the NY area.

I can't wait for DuMonde @ Shelter. That will defn be fun!

Dude, Im from New York, and I would fkn kill for a station like 93.1 out here, all we got is fkn ktu which is cheesy as shit, and half the fucking time, they're playing fkn disco 70's music. 93.1 issss pretty cheesy during the day, but I'd rather listen to motorcycle 12 times a day rather than fkn than mid 70' music. AND YOU GOT GLOBAL DJBROADCAST WHICH IS THE GREATEST WEEKLY RADIO SHOW IVE EVER HEARD, WE HAVE JUNIORVERSE WITH JUNIOR VASQUEZ WHO'S OLD AND WASHED UP? And most clubs in miami play may house music, but you do have your clubs that play trance, you may just not frequent them,dont forget where George Acosta came from. Not for nothing, I bet you more people listen to trance in Miami, than there are people who go to house clubs because they actually love house to the point that they listen to it in their cars or at their house. House clubs in Miami, crobar for starters, are all trendy, chic clubs where all it's about is who you are, how you look, and how much money you make yourself seem like you have, NOT CAUSE THEY LOVE HOUSE. With the exception of Space, the vibe in every house club in Miami SUCKS ASS, and Space gets like that too. Look at the fkn people who hang out on the roof for sunrise sessions. It's a miracle if you find someone up there who didint have plastic surgery at some point in their life. People who go to trance clubs, love trance for the music, not the look.

Trance clubs are full of kids on extasy playing with glow sticks.George Acosta doesnt have a residency down here anymore.I never stated that I hate Trance I just don't listen to it anymore.The only Trance night we have on the Beach is a monthly party with Edgar V at Crowbar thats it....Space has the best vibe down here and so does Nerve...Trance only has followers..Not lovers of music..I rather dress nice and hang out with Adults at a house club than hanging w/a bunch of kids and their glowsticks w/vick inhalers.

As far as your radiostation problem, buy an mp3 player dude...

Your absolutly right im from nyc and 93.1 florida is great compared to ktu...speaking of acosta i allways wanted to see him in his hometown miami and i did at club spin new years 02-03 fuckin gr8 set when acosta is on point know one can deny how good he is the energy level was off the hook (would have loved to see him in the shadow lounge days) afterwards we went to space for afterhours roland and oscar were good but definitly not as fun music wise vibe wise or crowd wise as acosta ...

Trance clubs are full of kids on extasy playing with glow sticks.George Acosta doesnt have a residency down here anymore.I never stated that I hate Trance I just don't listen to it anymore.The only Trance night we have on the Beach is a monthly party with Edgar V at Crowbar thats it....Space has the best vibe down here and so does Nerve...Trance only has followers..Not lovers of music..I rather dress nice and hang out with Adults at a house club than hanging w/a bunch of kids and their glowsticks w/vick inhalers.

As far as your radiostation problem, buy an mp3 player dude...

thats true acosta does not have residency in fla anymore he is too busy touring europe and the states non stop the last year and a half at the same time releasing 3 new cd"s and hosting his weekly radio program on 93.1

I went to Shadow Lounge back in the days, Oscar killed every weekend, and then I would go to the Mix, an afterhours club on the Beach.David Padilla was the resident there and he was the motherfucking man!!!George is no longer loved down here, people dont like him and when he was spinning at Club Spi the place was completly empty.In Miami its all about going to the trendy clubs.Only a few clubs keep it real and bring in talent, like Nerve, Privillege and Space..Trance is dead down here. Markus is the man and I listen to his show every weekend..But I doubt Trance will ever be back, like it was in the late 90's.

I went to Shadow Lounge back in the days, Oscar killed every weekend, and then I would go to the Mix, an afterhours club on the Beach.David Padilla was the resident there and he was the motherfucking man!!!George is no longer loved down here, people dont like him and when he was spinning at Club Spi the place was completly empty.In Miami its all about going to the trendy clubs.Only a few clubs keep it real and bring in talent, like Nerve, Privillege and Space..Trance is dead down here. Markus is the man and I listen to his show every weekend..But I doubt Trance will ever be back, like it was in the late 90's.

You just even said it right there, everything is Trendy, not about the love of music. I could understand if you tell me a place, other than space (not including sunrise sessions on the patio) where there's a house club with a good vibe and not a bunch of people who are there just to look good and be seen. Im sorry, that's not about the love of music. And Im sorry, trance doesnt have a following? 9 times out of 10, people who listen to trance is because they are true fans of that shit, because they love that shit. Every year at Ultra, who's always playing the last set, PVD. Who usually plays before him, Ultra 5, underworld, Ultra 6, Chemical Brothers, Tiesto Oakenfold, Junkie XL.......If house was thattttt big and about the love of music, then maybe they would have morillo or morales playin the mainstage and not a tent in the back. Even you just said it, Markus is the man, I definately agree with you on that. But even Markus Schultz, what does he spin? TRANCE!

i would have to agree. i just started listening to this type of music and im takin away by trance. i had no idea who anyone was or what the deal was with who was popular or what i just LOVED the music, it took me to another place like no other music really does

I Have To Say So,

1. Because Every Major Club In The City, Is Hiring Dj's From

Europe And Paying Them Big Bucks To Play Like Crobar, Spirit, Avalon, Even The Longest Running House Club In New York Is Having Them Evry Once In A While You Know Fuck It They Should Hire Me And Save A Few Bucks, I Can Kick It Like The Them)

2. Again Ktu Is Now Playing Trance During The Day, I Hear Armin's Shit At 3pm 2 Pm 4pm Whatever. ( If I Recall Right , A Few Years Ago, Thry Used To Play The House Hits At That Time, But No More, Why, Cause Ppl Change All The Time, It's All Cycles, (oh, God Is Freestyle Comin Back Soon, The Dreaded Shit)

3. I Remember In Central Park, They Used To Have The Body And Soul Concerts, The Masters At Work Events ( What Happened To Those)

Love The Masters At Work, Now You Have Pvd Armin Van Beuren, ( Hello I Think That Says Alot)

3. When They Stop Doing Those Mixes In Clubs And The Lounges, That Are House And Hiphop Mixed In, ( Who's Freakin Idea Was That, Is F**n Whack As Hell). Maybe Ppl Will Get It What House Is Really About,

4. When Promoters Stop Hiring These Dj's Than Sound Like They Are Mixing Or Actually Banging 2 Garbage Cans Together, And Go Back To Paying Some Dj's That Know What They Are Doing And Can Give The Crowd A Ggod Set Of Records. ( Maybe Ppl Will Appreciate The Music Again) Hey You Promoters And Club Owners Stop Being Cheap And Hire Some Real Dj's ( Those 100.00 Dj's Are Not Going To Cut It.)

And Ppl Are Going To Think House Sucks ( There Are Exceptions In About 2 Clubs That I Know Of) Actually Lately I've Been Notocing That Some Lounges And Clubs Are Actually Auditioning Ppl, I Think They Are Starting To Come Around And Saying No To Cd Demos, And Seeing If You Are Actually Good,

5 Mp3 .com - The Largest Mp3 Site Says That Trance And Hiphop And What Country ( Yes Country) Any Body Wanna Start A Country Night Haha Just Kidding) Are The Music That Ppl Download Most ( Yes Trance Is In The Top 3

I Don't Think I Need To Say More. Don't Get Me Wrong I Love House Always Will, But I Like Trance Too, I Just Facing Facts Thats All

Hey... I don't normally come on the NY board, but I happen to come accross thiis thread... There is a huge Trace party this Friday June 25th at a club in West Jersey named TONIC... I will get more information... not too sure of the name of the DJ

i guess you dont know about SHELTER withPATTI ABELLE and TIMMY REGISFORDat central park do you ina few weeks. Just otnite crobar was packed with nothing but dancers in seats cover in baby powder dancing from 930pm till 530 pm. Packed tothe raptors. I guess you dont know about things when it come to HOUSE causeits uderground still baby. NOt that progessive tribla shit that everybodyknows. and parties to. Funny how at all hese deep house parties theresnothign but blacks and lations dancing gayand straght young and old hmmmmmmmm. I guess we know whos always pickering.