Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is Trance Dead???

It seems like trance has been dying for the past years. To me, it seems a little repetitive and the "top trance djs" are spinning commercialized bullshit, over and over again. Does anybody else agree with my perception of trance? if not, please explain ur views.

Trance is DEAD...Armin, PVD, Tiesto booooooorrrring....no soul, no bass, no beats, just fluffy pillows of airhead music.Its so nice to be happy in Trance

land.... :hug: Horns and whistles with strings don't make me want to get up and dance.. Soulfull beats with drums are my calling...

:ghey:

It seems like trance has been dying for the past years. To me, it seems a little repetitive and the "top trance djs" are spinning commercialized bullshit, over and over again. Does anybody else agree with my perception of trance? if not, please explain ur views.

im still a huge fan of trance and i probably always will be but these big dj's like pvd and tiesto are amazingly disappointing.. same repetitive beats with the same repetitive buildups.. aside from the bigger dj's i like the way trance is going though.. gabriel & dresden are killing it right now.. they're changig things up a bit..

for those who thnk trance is dead... try making it out to shelter for dumonde and lange on july 9th.. try telling me trance is dead that night...

Mostly true... but trance sasha and at crobar this weekend, and pvd at spirit next weekend.

PVD at the park is too commercial, and so are his CDs, but I don't think he is as bad as tiesto.

You just have to realized that certain sets[like central park] are likely to be commerical. As long as pvd still spins dark shit at the end of an 8hr. set, and releases tight shit on vinyl, then trance is not dead.

trance isnt dead, if anything, it's making a more of a comeback, shit, when you hear a good percentage of songs at night on ktu that are trance songs with vocals, how is it dying. If it's becoming more mainstream, I say hey, why not......GlobalDJBroadcast in Miami is the shit. Party 93.1 is a station devoted to fkn dance music and they play tonssss of trance......trust me, trance isnt dying....new york just has never really been the best arena for trance....but go to florida and basically every place in the world and you tell me if trance is dying

Trance will always be around. It's just boring as fuck. I can go to a house party sober, but for trance, I need to be heavily medicated. Trance may be emotional music, but trance has no soul like house does. Techno I'll take over trance in a heartbeat for different reasons.

And hey Victor, what the fuck are you talking about, the best DJ's are trance DJ's? :laugh: What, because some magazine poll says trance DJ's are among the most popular, that means they are better? More popular does not mean better, Sherlock. Just as an example, if you really think Paul Oakenfold (Number 8 on the DJ Mag Top 100) is a better DJ than Erick Morillo (Number 16 on the DJ Mag Top 100) or Danny Tenaglia (Number 18 on the DJ Mag Top 100) then you really have your head up your ass.

I think the reason that there is not more trance around is because is, it is much harder to spin a great, interesting trance set then house set. Most dj"s will attest to this even when PVD or Tiesto spin its a fifty fifty shot at being good the whole way through. but when it is good it is the the best music period. Anyone that thinks trance is dead should listen to PVD's Global dj Broadcast from this year WMC a couple of times.

Trance will always be around. It's just boring as fuck. I can go to a house party sober, but for trance, I need to be heavily medicated. Trance may be emotional music, but trance has no soul like house does. Techno I'll take over trance in a heartbeat for different reasons.

And hey Victor, what the fuck are you talking about, the best DJ's are trance DJ's? :laugh: What, because some magazine poll says trance DJ's are among the most popular, that means they are better? More popular does not mean better, Sherlock. Just as an example, if you really think Paul Oakenfold (Number 8 on the DJ Mag Top 100) is a better DJ than Erick Morillo (Number 16 on the DJ Mag Top 100) or Danny Tenaglia (Number 18 on the DJ Mag Top 100) then you really have your head up your ass.

All types of music will never die and will always be around. Subject of this thread is about trance not house! Why put Oakey as an example. Put Teisto be rated #1 dj for 2 years makes a lot of sense. I love house music as well. As for Erick Morillo my friend I have promoted Erick many many times at Deko Lounge, along with Roger Sanchez and Harry Choo Choo - 3 great house LOCAL dj's, OK! Subject to this again is "IS TRANCE DEAD" the answer is no. I stated the facts and the facts remain. Comparing Erick and Paul is different, hello!!!!! two different dj's DID YOU KNOW THAT. Erick and Danny are the closes to the top as HOUSE DJ's in that list. It's not what a magazine states its how the fans and club goers respond to their dj's. Its a fact I havnet seen a house dj pack ROXY like a trance dj does in NYC. I would love to see that. Have you if so please make a point if not HAVE A NICE DAY!

Victor Soto

Trance is not dead; I just think that in the late 90's, trance was the main genre of music that everyone listened to..since then people have jumped off the trance bandwagon and alot of them have moved their tastes to house. Thats not saying that trance has died, but some people just choose to like different things. i can't tell you how many people i know loved trance back in the day but now are the biggest house heads there are. Along the same lines, I still have friends that LOVE trance, and there's alot more to it than cyclicle build-ups and there are dj's that are around that can prove that.

As far as Tiesto, AVB, and PVD, i don't think they are helping the trance scene. I know i'll probably ge killed on here for saying this, but their sets have been sooo disappointing lately and i wouldn't pay money to see them anymore. I used to be the biggest fan of PVD; in 99, even '00 when i would hear him, his sets would take you on a musical journey. His sets were unbelievable. Last 2 times I heard him, he could have just played his CD reflections, possibly drop "as the rush comes" and that was his set. There were no surprises, nor any creativity. Are these dj's capable of that? of course they are, and they are insanely talented... i feel that lately they've been catering more to the mainstream style of trance, obvioulsy because more $$ is involved.. but its a shame..

For anyone who believes that trance is boring, I urge you to listen to some music by Infected Mushroom. For those of you who don't know, they are a trance duo from Isreal who spin Goa/Psy trance. I was fortunate enough to see them perform @ Avalon in May and the energy level in there was so intense and their skills were excellent. That was definately the best club experience I've had so far this year.

trance isnt dead, if anything, it's making a more of a comeback, shit, when you hear a good percentage of songs at night on ktu that are trance songs with vocals, how is it dying. If it's becoming more mainstream, I say hey, why not......GlobalDJBroadcast in Miami is the shit. Party 93.1 is a station devoted to fkn dance music and they play tonssss of trance......trust me, trance isnt dying....new york just has never really been the best arena for trance....but go to florida and basically every place in the world and you tell me if trance is dying

Babe I hate to burst your bubble, but I live in Miami.Party 93.1 is the cheesiest radio station on Earth.They play Motorcycle 12 times an hour.Its little teen bop dance music.Global DJ Broadcast is the shit.Markus is a great DJ and I appreciate everything that he has done for EDM in Miami.In Miami all of the major nighclubs in South Beach only play house music.I love all EDM, Breaks, Trance, D&B, and funked out dirty house, especially prog house!!Trance is easier to listen to, house has more soul and the majority of people dont understand it.

its far from dead what house or tech dj"s can play central park or sell out the roxy??? i like house, trance and good tech but it seems to me trance still pullls in the crowds..... as far as oakenfold being better than house djs i would say oakenfold was way more innovative than most djs could dream of he started trance basically from acid house so to create a genre of music and be ballsy enough to go out and spin it when no one ever heard this stlye before you can only give the man mad props....

This goes out to EVERYONE. The deep house fans, the tech heads, DnB junkies, jungle peepz (are jungle people still around) and of course the Trancers...

A lot of trance these days can be nothing but chedda. Straight up CHEESE.

Annoying synths over and over...BUT, that does not go for all of trance!

I really encourage EVERYONE to make it to Shelter on July 9 for DuMonde.

They are INSANE! FUCKING INSANE!!!!!

I guarantee they have you jumping, screaming, waving your hands in the air. They will make you move! It's simple. DuMonde is God Music.

Please don't make a decision about trance until you see DuMonde at Shelter.

That is all I ask.

as a former trance fan and hard house fan and a fan of house music for 14yrs i think ive come to a conclusion. The harder faster stuff is easier to like because it sounds exciting and gets you animated. While the slower stuff is hard for some people to get into cause they think its all about being energized. House is food for the soul it takes over your body and then you move.

This goes out to EVERYONE. The deep house fans, the tech heads, DnB junkies, jungle peepz (are jungle people still around) and of course the Trancers...

I really encourage EVERYONE to make it to Shelter on July 9 for DuMonde.

They are INSANE! FUCKING INSANE!!!!!

I guarantee they have you jumping, screaming, waving your hands in the air. They will make you move! It's simple. DuMonde is God Music.

QUOTE]

that dumonde comment just gave me fucking chills man... the night is gonna be HOT!!!

as for dnd and jungle heads still being around... im going to see dieselboy, dara and ak1200 this thursday... in fucking san diego!!!... can't wait i havent seen a jungle dj since like 2002.. should be hot..

as a former trance fan and hard house fan and a fan of house music for 14yrs i think ive come to a conclusion. The harder faster stuff is easier to like because it sounds exciting and gets you animated. While the slower stuff is hard for some people to get into cause they think its all about being energized. House is food for the soul it takes over your body and then you move.

Bro you absolutely correct... I concur :aright:

As far as Tiesto, AVB, and PVD, i don't think they are helping the trance scene. I know i'll probably ge killed on here for saying this, but their sets have been sooo disappointing lately and i wouldn't pay money to see them anymore...

what a loser you must be karisma... god.. you can't even spell get right... :mad::mad: just do us all a favor and stop posting already lamer!!

lol hey i'll see you at cox right?? :pint::pint::pint: