Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Can you say stupid pick???

djrx06

How does the Heat not pick up Jameer Nelson when he is on the board at #19? We need a point guard and we need one now. There is no point on our roster as we speak. Rafer is probably gone to Free agency and Wade is more suitable at the 2 position. I think that was the worst pick for the Heat in a while. Jameer obviously was the most secure pick at the time (and you don't get as secure of a pick at #19 ever) and they chose to go with another uproven long/athletic high schooler? We already have those kind of players in Lamar, Rasual, and even Caron Butler. WTF!!!!!!!!!! Honestly moving Wade to the 2 and having Jameer run the point would have been magical but we'll see if this Wright kid pans out. In my opinion their pick was :ghey: I hope Jameer lights it up in Orlando except for when he plays the Heat.

God that would have been such a nice lineup...

1- Jameer Nelson

2- Wade

3- Caron

4- Lamar

5- Some big guy other than Brian Grant

i was thinkin of u last night when this went down...i was like hes probaby playing his game now and dont know...but when he finds out hes gonna be just as confused as i was!!!!!!!!!!! needless to say our buddy elvis was furious...he couldnt even talk!!!!!!!!!

but we will see what the future holds....hopefully it holds a celebration!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually heard the pick on ESPN radio right before my game and when I heard the pick I almost knocked out one of my windows. If they plan on a trade, I sure as hell hope so. It is almost like saying, I would like to wait a couple more years until we reach the NBA Finals. Dwayne is already an awesome player but if he had someone to get him the ball like Jameer, he would be on another level, if that is even possible. Memories of his 4th quarter against Indiana are coming back to me.........

Regardless whether the Heat picked him or not, I think Jameer is the player that should come out next year with something to prove. The POY in college should have never dropped that far down the draftboards. Denver should have never traded him either. He would have been great for Carmelo. I don't care if he is 5"11". Look at Tim Hardaway. He was a stud! I love the kind of player Jameer is and I hope he tears it up. Show them tall dudes whassup Jameer!!!!! It's a celebration for the vertically challenged!

i TOTALLY agree with ya Rx...miami went a forward spree last night..me no likey....

Seriously!!!!! You either address the need at point guard which is necessary. We lost to Indiana because we couldn't establish our half court game at all. The only time we beat them was when we were in transition or running the ball. Otherwise, draft a decent 7 footer that you can develop and put a HUGE body in the middle and stick with what he have. Oh well, it will all pan out, we still have a great core of young talented players. Caron's offensive game didn't come around at all last year. If he plays like his rookie year, we will make even more noise. LETS GO HEAT!

I think Chicago came away with he best draft (Deng,Duhon and Gordon) and if Jay Williams comes back its gonna be a whole lotta dukies in Chit town . and I don't care what people say I wouldve taken Duhon @ 19! I didnt think there was a quality player at the last spot either I wouldve traded it for next year.

I'm pretty disappointed with the heat but maybe they know something we dont.

i heard riley on wqam this morning. he said altho nelson would've been the "safe" pick, he's trying to build a taller, longer (meaning wingspan), athletic type of team. nelson doesn't exactly fit that mold. wright was their top player left at that moment and nelson was next.

i don't agree with the pick either, but they obviously know more than we do and they do have a plan they'd like to stick to.

I thought it was a great pick by the Heat in my opinion.. Ive read up some about Wright on Insiders late last night b/c I knew absolutely nothing about him. After doing some research and good reading I came to the conclusion that there is ALOT of hidden potential in this kid.. DePaul may have missed the recruiting bus with this one BIG TIME.. I was a bit disappointed myself that the Heat didnt pick Jameer, especially with the type of work out he had for van Gundy and Riles down here.. and Ramon and I were bashing the Heat the whole night.. but props to them for keeping their game plan.. should be interesting to watch how this kid will develop under Riley's system and give him a couple of years, I believe he'll be up there with the Jonathan Bender's and LeBron James's of the world..

TOP DRAFT TEAMS:

Atlanta is the clear favorite selecting Stanford SF Josh Childress, High Schooler Josh Smith and Texas guard Royal Ivey... in addition they added Donta Smith...

Orlando struck BIG with phenom Dwight Howard and St. Josephs guard Jameer Nelson...

Chicago also comes into mind although Duhon is going to take time to develop poor ball handling skills and turnovers