Clubplanet Nightlife Community

trance away

i'm new to the club scene in new york city. i'm lookin for the best place that plays trance. is it avalon, spirit, perhaps Webster Hall? if you can tell me which one is best and what night it plays it, i'll be appreciative. :)

avalon tends to cater for the techno/ trance crowd, which means techno/trance djs.

Im only gonna suggest djs(NOT VENUES) who i like so if you see that their playing somewhere then give them a shot. Ive heard these djs live b4 so i know what there like at a club. Im not goin by cds/downloads/ live sets. LIVE at a club is a totally different experience. In no order:

DANNY TENAGLIA, ROGER SANCHEZ, TODD TERRY, LIL LOUIE VEGA, DAVID MORALES, FRANCIOS K, JOE CLAUSELL, DANNY KRIVIT, TIMMY REGISFORD, FRANKIE FELICIANO, MARQUES WYATT, RICK CORBO, SANDER K, JUNIOR VASQUEZ, ERICK MORILLO, DANNY HOWELLS, SAEED AND PALASH, CHUS AND CEBALLOS, GLENN UNDERGROUND, DEEP DISH, TONY HUMPHRIES, ALEX FROM TOKYO, RUBEN TORO,HERNAN CATTENEO, DJ DISCIPLE, HEX HECTOR, SATOSHI TOMIIE, HECTOR ROMERO, MIGULE MIGS, VICTOR CALDERONE, FRANKIE KNUCKLES, DAVID MANCUSO, MELVIN MOORE, JOHN CREAMER, ADAM FREEMER, ANTRANIG, JUNIOR SANCHEZ, THAT KID CHRIS.

Now those names are djs ive heard personally theres also alot more bigger names that i havent heard live but i hear great things about and assume there just as good. For example: MURK. Also there are so many great parties that go on during the week with NYC LOCAL guys that are worth checking out as well some local people bang it out sometimes better than world famous djs.. And i tend to like weekday parties sometimes better then weekend parties cause you deal with more music heads. But of course i love a big room experience still. Sorry for rambiling, im sure someone will get mad at this post. Hope you enjoy any of the djs i mentioned if anybody ever hears them play. Remember give a dj 2 or 3 tries live b4 you pass complete judgement.

do you know the difference between house,techno and trance? Or do you simply call it that for not knowing.

u r not talkin to me i hope, cause i sure fuckin know the diffrence :deadfish:

going to sanchez right? ill see ya there, everyone keeps saying how great he is , hes just up my alley too,can't wait :bounce:

whebn was the date again???

• 4 weeks later...
avalon tends to cater for the techno/ trance crowd, which means techno/trance djs.

Im only gonna suggest djs(NOT VENUES) who i like so if you see that their playing somewhere then give them a shot. Ive heard these djs live b4 so i know what there like at a club. Im not goin by cds/downloads/ live sets. LIVE at a club is a totally different experience. In no order:

DANNY TENAGLIA, ROGER SANCHEZ, TODD TERRY, LIL LOUIE VEGA, DAVID MORALES, FRANCIOS K, JOE CLAUSELL, DANNY KRIVIT, TIMMY REGISFORD, FRANKIE FELICIANO, MARQUES WYATT, RICK CORBO, SANDER K, JUNIOR VASQUEZ, ERICK MORILLO, DANNY HOWELLS, SAEED AND PALASH, CHUS AND CEBALLOS, GLENN UNDERGROUND, DEEP DISH, TONY HUMPHRIES, ALEX FROM TOKYO, RUBEN TORO,HERNAN CATTENEO, DJ DISCIPLE, HEX HECTOR, SATOSHI TOMIIE, HECTOR ROMERO, MIGULE MIGS, VICTOR CALDERONE, FRANKIE KNUCKLES, DAVID MANCUSO, MELVIN MOORE, JOHN CREAMER, ADAM FREEMER, ANTRANIG, JUNIOR SANCHEZ, THAT KID CHRIS.

Lemme add to the extensive list above from silver .. some few more for techo, transe and house and tribal DJS, that i particularly like:

Jeff Mills, Mauro Picotto, DJ Irene, Charles Feelgood, Cosmic Gate, Infected Mushrooms, George Acosta, Denaire, Tiesto, Carl Cox, Marco V, John Digweed, Benny Benassi, Gabriel & Dresden, John 00 Fleming, Victor Calderone, Josh Wink, and D:Fuese.

Just to name a few.

Peace

the MASK