Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sickest shit I've ever seen...

Went to the gym late last night since I was feeling a little under the weather. Nonetheless, this skinny old guy comes in standing around 5'8, 140lbs. and my best guess would be late 60's or early 70's in age. If I ever saw this guy in the street and he mouthed off to me, I wouldn't hesitate to tell him that I would kick his ass.

Well, as I am trying to do a set of dumbell kickbacks, I get interupted by my buddy who is on the floor laughing... I look down and I'm like wtf? He points over to this old guy who is benching 3 (45) plates, and 1 (25) plate on each side of the Smith Bench Press machine. Now there were no strings attached to those weights :) so he is one strong old man that I will start to respect in that gym...

Oh, and one more thing, he banged out three reps without stretching or warming up, had his Member's only jacket on with dress pants and shoes.

That's about 330 lbs, 225% of his bodyweight...............are you sure you read those plates right?

I have perfect vision. There was a jacked black dude on the Smith Machine pushing up 5 (45's) on each side. The old dude went over to him and asked him to jump on for a sec... when the old dude did three plates (each side), the sight was hilarious... never seen a big dudes eyes pop out like that... :woah2:

It is surprising for his age/level of testosterone at the current time (low); however, the percentage isn't that wacky. I've squatted 340lbs for 5 reps and weighing 180. That's almost 200% and we are not talking about single one rep max which would be close to 400lbs. On the other hand, my bench is weak... :(

I have perfect vision. There was a jacked black dude on the Smith Machine pushing up 5 (45's) on each side. The old dude went over to him and asked him to jump on for a sec... when the old dude did three plates (each side), the sight was hilarious... never seen a big dudes eyes pop out like that... :woah2:

It is surprising for his age/level of testosterone at the current time (low); however, the percentage isn't that wacky. I've squatted 340lbs for 5 reps and weighing 180. That's almost 200% and we are not talking about single one rep max which would be close to 400lbs. On the other hand, my bench is weak... :(

If your bench is weak, I might be able to help you to get it caught up. I had a weak bench (actually, weak incline since thats what I gauge my strength by).

Start doing more dumbell sets instead of strait bar and focus heavily on incline. Switch it up a lil by going heavy on incline one week and heavy on flat bench the next.

I shot up in strength in a short period of time by focusing on dumbells vs. strait bar

• 3 weeks later...
Went to the gym late last night since I was feeling a little under the weather. Nonetheless, this skinny old guy comes in standing around 5'8, 140lbs. and my best guess would be late 60's or early 70's in age. If I ever saw this guy in the street and he mouthed off to me, I wouldn't hesitate to tell him that I would kick his ass.

Well, as I am trying to do a set of dumbell kickbacks, I get interupted by my buddy who is on the floor laughing... I look down and I'm like wtf? He points over to this old guy who is benching 3 (45) plates, and 1 (25) plate on each side of the Smith Bench Press machine. Now there were no strings attached to those weights :) so he is one strong old man that I will start to respect in that gym...

Oh, and one more thing, he banged out three reps without stretching or warming up, had his Member's only jacket on with dress pants and shoes.

I am confused, if he was on the smith machine, there was thenthe cables attached to the bar, right?