Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Mike Tyson hits rock-bottom (fucking sad!)

funketeer

Wowee Kazawee!!! If there's something to be learned from every human experience...the one about Mike's rise and fall has to be plenty of lessons (read below)

tyson_i.jpg

"When I had money, I was an animal. I was so belligerent. I lost all across the board. My life has been a total waste," Tyson told the Evening Standard.

Former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson's hard-knocks history of growing up in Brooklyn is well documented. He navigated a bumpy road to the top of his profession in the '80s, got knocked out by Buster Douglas in 1990, served jail time for a rape conviction and seems to have a propensity for bizarre behavior.

Not to mention Tyson, who turns 38 on Wednesday, is in debt up to his eye tattoo.

the full story

I feel bad for the guy, being that he came from such humble beginnings, and being bipolar, & not taking his meds can't put his head in the right place. I only hope he survives to prosper. He has a family to raise...

Money and ignorance, always an explosive combination...poor guy made himself and many others rich...only to be taken advantage by all the fucking leaches, starting out that hoe Robbin Givens cocksucking whore that drove him crazy...fucking Mike Tyson should be taken care off by the government, you know? He's a unique specimen of human being, the biggest, baddest, meanest human fighting machine, I will always remember his days of glory and he will always be a larger than life character...I would never judge this guy, he doesn't even understand what happened to him...it all came and went, like a flash...gone!

I hope he gets a second wind, this time around wiser and more humble...like Digitalphoenix's signature...rise from ashes to return and conquer the world...even when he's obviously done...it would taste like poetic justice to me.

Go Mike! :pint:

sometimes you have to hit rock bottom. before you realize you must change in order to survive. it's the ultimate test of a true man; to fall and rise again. it builds character, and requires some soul searching. as long as you’re living you are not done. it's pessimism which is the greatest hindrance to survival. civility is like compassion, some have it and some never will ..until they themselves are faced with a critical situation. Keep the faith Mike! :)

back in his day he was the most dominate fighter period.i remember when he fought michael spink's,pay-per-view was just getting started,when the fight started i went to get a beer and hotdog to eat and drink.when i got back to watch,it was over that fast,tyson would come after you to take your haed off,he was fun to watch.should of never joined up with don king in my opinion.

Let me put it this way, personally, I have rarely seen a human being do something with such conviction and self confidence...Mike Tyson knew he was going to beat his oponent...the only detail left to chance was...I how many seconds and if it would happen before the end of round 1.

Only a higher revelation can help Mike at this point, he used to have $300 millions and now he's $25 millions on the red, that's being - 25 times a millionaire... you know how stressful that shit must be? Dang! :eek: Most every person that has approached him since he became the Mikey Tyson, took a byte out of the guy...very predictable and normal behaviour, really...it would've been more amazing that the guy would've lived a normal live...the shooting start syndrome caught him on the run, he still doesn't know what hit'em...it must be a mind-bogglin' sensation...monetary and personal loses of that magnitude on a daily basis for almost all his adult life, including time in jail for rape...I think Mike is going to bounce back out of this one, one way or another...I whish him luck and condemn his detractors, the real losers in the end. He's fucked up, he knows it, he's publicly asking for the world to give him an opportunity, for what you can read, he's very desperate...I want to see a desperate Mike Tyson in the middle of the ring soon and I hope he leaves all of our jaws dropped at least once more...go Mickey!

I am Funketeer and I approve this message. :aright:

• 1 month later...
Only a higher revelation can help Mike at this point, he used to have $300 millions and now he's $25 millions on the red, that's being - 25 times a millionaire... you know how stressful that shit must be? Dang! :\

I am Funketeer and I approve this message. :aright:

Hey $25Million is still a lot of money... :rolleyes:

Mike Tyson tore a ligament in his left knee in the first round of his shocking knockout loss to Danny Williams, his manager said Saturday.

Shelly Finkel said an MRI showed a complex tear of the lateral meniscus, and that Tyson couldn't even walk on the leg Saturday. He said Tyson's ex-wife Monica, who is a doctor, read the results.

"That's why he couldn't throw the right hand the rest of the fight," Finkel said. "I was screaming at him to throw it, but he couldn't."

Tyson was dominating the first round, rocking Williams with shots to the head, but late in the round motioned toward his knee and grimaced. Finkel said Tyson refused to make an excuse and wanted to continue fighting.

Williams ended up knocking Tyson out with a series of punches in the fourth round that left Tyson sprawled on the canvas. Tyson appeared as if he could get up and continue, but made little attempt to get up.

"In retrospect I wish he had said something and said he couldn't continue," Finkel said.

After the fight, Tyson's trainer, Freddie Roach credited Williams with fighting a good fight, but said Tyson was hampered by the injury.

"It's kind of hard to pivot and throw some shots without your left knee," Roach said. "But Danny Williams surprised a lot of us."

Finkel said Tyson was downcast after the fight, and that it would take some time to decide when -- or whether -- to resume his career. The fight with Williams was to be the first in a series of comeback fights to help Tyson pay off $38 million in debt.

Tyson earned some $8 million Friday night, but would keep only $2 million of that if a bankruptcy reorganization plan is approved. That plan, however, was contingent on Tyson fighting seven times in the next three years, which now appears unlikely.

"We'll have to see how emotionally he's hurt from this as opposed to physically," Finkel said. "We need some time to tell."

Promoter Bob Arum, who had planned to offer Tyson a four-fight deal worth some $100 million if he looked good, said that deal was now off the table.

For Tyson to continue, Arum said, he would have to fight for a few hundred thousand dollars a fight to build his record back up before becoming a contender again.

"Certainly it's a different Mike Tyson than there was in our estimation last night," Arum said. "If he's going to continue in the ring it's got to be done on a completely different basis. He's got to fight C and D fighters and build his confidence. You can't put him in with legitimate heavyweights."

Tyson's fight drew a crowd of 17,253 to Freedom Hall, most thinking they would see an early knockout of Williams, whose biggest claim to fame was that he was the former British heavyweight champion.

But, after a shaky first round, Williams fought back and turned the tide late in the third round as Tyson appeared to tire. The fight was a free-for-all, but Williams was stronger and fresher and landed a series of unanswered punches in the fourth round before Tyson went down and the fight was stopped at 2:51 of the round.

"The main thing was to get past the first two rounds and give it to him," Williams said. "I knew he would tire and he did. I just kept punching and punching."