Clubplanet Nightlife Community

oakie at avalon.....

what bullshit is that, 2 1/2 hrs or so he spun, come on! fuckin greedy bastard, i mean you make all that money for one night you can give more to the fans, waste of time and money!anybody else feel the same?

Sorry to hear that. But for less $ you can hear DT for 12 hours :)

dont know you know by now how he is?

this was my first time seeing him live, i dont listen to him much but i thought it would be cool to see him considering he's paul oakenfold! fcuk that, he sucks.....waste waste waste of everything

i was such a big fan yrs ago. i just cant see how hes become so cheezy. basically, hes just showing us that he doesnt give 2 shitz about his fans or people who see him dj. in the past, whenever he was in town there would be no doubt that i was there, now it doesnt even phase me. and hes not having fun up there, hes just callin us all fools who spent the money to go see him still. happy 4th everyone.

2 1/2 hours wow thats an extended set from him you guys are pretty lucky. i cant say i feel bad for you though i nwasting your money you should know what to expect from oakie now and days - complete crap and total lack of any drive whatsoever.

def should have saved it for DT tonight - get more bang for your buck and dt is actually a decent guy.

what identifiable tunes is okaey playing these days?

anything off GU NY/transport? ? [smtms he has new mixes like rendezvous]

anything off ibiza or great wall??

what commecial did he play? madonna? justin? southern sun? coldplay??

or was it a new white label progg type set??

i sat out oakey and hit derrick carter which was spectacular.

and DT 2nite all night---- ya gotta pick yer spots!!

derrick was on fire saturday at avalon. it was the best night ive had there since its opening.

derrick is still my favorite dj ever and ive heard pretty much every worldfamous dj.

to those who love & swear by derrick's house music, i dont need to tell you about the deep impact of his musicality, his funky house, his experimental turntable risks that somehow work out just right against all odds & unlikely meldings.

derrick's set was brilliantly paced saturday, with hard funk climaxes at about 3: am, the peak chicago boompty moment at about 4: am, and then his smooth glossy disco/classics redux from 5 am to close.

did u see the maniacs in the booth with DC jumping up and down all night?!!

whoever the greenskeeper is that guy plays some slamming house that was a great open up for DC.

everywhere i went thruout avalon it was jumping- the railing on the 2nd floor/ mezzanine- the stage where a few insane dancers like myself were jamming hard, chilling out behind the booth.

Im still knackered from DC til 5:30 saturday and DT til 7 am sunday night so i cant yet decide which set/night was better but the vibe was UP at both and I might have liked DC's set better musically like a 3+ hour jewel, but then again DT covered many bases from 10 pm to 7 when i was too gone so maybe the vibe was better at roxy but DC's music at least equalled DT if not maybe a little better to my ears but perhaps if Id made it til 10 am DT wld have taken it to a new level her certainly can and has done that on scores of nights from vinyl to arc to space in miami.

DT's roxy crowd was a lot cuter but avalon on a summer holiday weekend saturday, it cld have been a lot worse [think spirit on a saturday!!]

somebody get me a nurse.

what bullshit is that, 2 1/2 hrs or so he spun, come on! fuckin greedy bastard, i mean you make all that money for one night you can give more to the fans, waste of time and money!anybody else feel the same?

Yes because a DJ must take pills and stay awake and play for seven days.

hehe j/k ye he did turn into an arrogant asswipe didnt he

could b worse...spirit sat??? sat. is PRETTY good there if u ask me...

derrick was on fire saturday at avalon. it was the best night ive had there since its opening.

derrick is still my favorite dj ever and ive heard pretty much every worldfamous dj.

to those who love & swear by derrick's house music, i dont need to tell you about the deep impact of his musicality, his funky house, his experimental turntable risks that somehow work out just right against all odds & unlikely meldings.

derrick's set was brilliantly paced saturday, with hard funk climaxes at about 3: am, the peak chicago boompty moment at about 4: am, and then his smooth glossy disco/classics redux from 5 am to close.

did u see the maniacs in the booth with DC jumping up and down all night?!!

whoever the greenskeeper is that guy plays some slamming house that was a great open up for DC.

everywhere i went thruout avalon it was jumping- the railing on the 2nd floor/ mezzanine- the stage where a few insane dancers like myself were jamming hard, chilling out behind the booth.

Im still knackered from DC til 5:30 saturday and DT til 7 am sunday night so i cant yet decide which set/night was better but the vibe was UP at both and I might have liked DC's set better musically like a 3+ hour jewel, but then again DT covered many bases from 10 pm to 7 when i was too gone so maybe the vibe was better at roxy but DC's music at least equalled DT if not maybe a little better to my ears but perhaps if Id made it til 10 am DT wld have taken it to a new level her certainly can and has done that on scores of nights from vinyl to arc to space in miami.

DT's roxy crowd was a lot cuter but avalon on a summer holiday weekend saturday, it cld have been a lot worse [think spirit on a saturday!!]

somebody get me a nurse.

this was my first time seeing him live, i dont listen to him much but i thought it would be cool to see him considering he's paul oakenfold! fcuk that, he sucks.....waste waste waste of everything

ive seen him a bunch of times at EXIT and he was horrible every time.. his sets are soooooooo quick the longest i herad him spin i think was like 3 1/2 hrs

I am not sure he even played full 2 hrs.... I got to Avalon late...just as he stepped up to the turntables.

The crowd was more of a touristy type, a lot of young peeps, just hanging out and drinking....some were trying to dance...I guess ;)

Before I knew Oakenfold ended his set.

But fortunately Avalon's resident DJ played some great tunes that kept me on the dance floor.

Funny thing about Oakenfold:

Most of the people who just got into the EDM/clubbing scene - they love his music...with time tough, they start discovering other DJs and types of EDM and slowly drift away from all that Oakey-cult.