Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What!!! No Wink reviews????

fostech

I was about to cry when I found oui Wink was playing Space + morning terrace set and I wasn't going to be able to go. Soooooooooo? Any reviews? Memorable moments? What style did he thow down? Tracklisings?

Ramon C..... where the hell are you???!!!???

Wink layed down one of the best sets I've heard @ Space...period. He took the decks early, about 1:30. Acid, acid, acid...and a nice blend of minimal and banging techno. He broke it down about mid-set with Shapeshifters Lola's Theme that just worked like magic! Set things up perfectly for a solid techno set from Howells in the main room, who followed that up immediately with an eclectic 24:7 style set on the terrace...just perfect for the terrace. :rock: No Wink out there however, Roland came on about 9:30 or 10:00 and kept the good vibes going. I was looking forward to Wink out there too, but it didn't happen.

Ramon...you would have loved it. And I would have liked to had you around for a little trainspotting :)

one of the best djs i have heard live,

eventho Josh Wink is so technical; he still managed to have so much fun while at it ..

track selection wise could've been better ...

i had fun, only a place like Space can bring such names like these ...

now, where the hell is nocturnal ?

what should have been a night of great music, turned out to be a night of marginal music at best IMO... the various tribulations didn't help matters either, but whatever shi*t happens. over hyped dj’s that turn out to be a disappointment, seems to be happening way too much as of late. luckly we have OG and Roly who are constantly on top of their game. it's a shame others can't follow suit.

he had to leave for another gig, thats why he did not play the patio ..

they wanted him to do so at first but he just could not do it ..

If that was the case then.....that's understandable. I had a great time regardless but I was looking forward to that minimal techy acidy house on the patio. Got Ovum?

what should have been a night of great music, turned out to be a night of marginal music at best IMO... the various tribulations didn't help matters either, but whatever shi*t happens. over hyped dj’s that turn out to be a disappointment, seems to be happening way too much as of late. luckly we have OG and Roly who are constantly on top of their game. it's a shame others can't follow suit.

agreed !

..Enjoy very much the hour or so that i heard of Wink , and the first hour of Howell main room set ( i was surprized ! ) , Space over-booked the VIP tables and that caused a head ache to a few peps in my crew . The patio had a really nice vibe in the morning but the heat was simply too unbearable (AC needed ASAP ) to withstand , so i left around 8am .

great seeing familiar faces and hanging with my usual Core crew . :)

..Enjoy very much the hour or so that i heard of Wink , and the first hour of Howell main room set ( i was surprized ! ) , Space over-booked the VIP tables and that caused a head ache to a few peps in my crew . The patio had a really nice vibe in the morning but the heat was simply too unbearable (AC needed ASAP ) to withstand , so i left around 8am .

great seeing familiar faces and hanging with my usual Core crew . :)

Yeah, the hour or so was off the hook......It was very nice hanging with Mursa, Mr.Dekan, and their whole crew. Thanks for the memorable evening.

I had a blast regardless!

Yeah, the hour or so was off the hook......It was very nice hanging with Mursa, Mr.Dekan, and their whole crew. Thanks for the memorable evening.

I had a blast regardless!

:aright: tru !!!!! ...happy b-day by the way ! ...this weekend teased me with Techno now im set on satifying that hunger Sat. for DJ OTTO @ privilege .

:aright: tru !!!!! ...happy b-day by the way ! ...this weekend teased me with Techno now im set on satifying that hunger Sat. for DJ OTTO @ privilege .

Thanks bro! Yeah the same can be said for me. You guys certainly made me want to hear more liebing.....Got Slammin Techno?

Got Minimal??

wink was good. i liked the way he dropped tempo towards the end of his set. a true professional and i respect him for that.

howells was real good. warm butter smooth mixing. "you don't appreciate me".

too bad the terrace was so fucking hot.

First of all thanks for your concerns on my wear abouts. I was in Austin Texas of all places enjoying a good ol american fourth of july .. you know big bbq's beer and fireworks that go boom! I kept getting text messages from Miriam and I wish I could've been there. My only hope is for people to realize that this music can work here in Miami and would love to see more of it.

Anyone trainspot any of Josh or Danny's music? :)

Biz I was in Texas.

but I'll take a stab at it.

Josh Wink - Oakish/Fill Me With Acid

Joris Voorn - Incident

Petter - Modern Eternity

Steve Bug - Houze

ADJD - Believe

Stryke & Santos - Rise/Amazon

Thats what I think he would've played.

See you all for Fancuilli!

WOW...what a great night...now Tues is when i am in the right mind to write a review...got there early 1145 and i didnt leave till 730 am...and for those that know me, its a new record!!! OG started off the night good...playing a good set for Wink...place was mad stufffed in the beginning of the night but u still could move around...Wink played good stuff all night long...hard bangin stuff...he even teased the crowd with a little bit of Higher State of Consciousness (acapella)...the Howells came on, i have to say that the first hour Howells really brought down the energy in Space (again..i dont know why they switched Winks and Howells, but whatever)...he started off with some soulful stuff...so then we head out to the patio for a bit and i dont know who was out there, but he was doing a "so so" job...we chill out there for a bit and then i decided to go back in and what a diff. a 1/2 hr makes!! Howells was destroying the mainroom...hard pounding Tech house...and he eventually brought in the hard Techno as well...Howells really made up for brining the energy down in the beginning...when Howells got off OG went back on and took it to another level...i havent heard OG in a very long time and i think OG was the highlight of the night...truly played a great set after Howells, even played a remix (or could have just been the acapella over another track) of Good Life :eek:...left the Patio around 730 am to a "semi" sober Howells playing a very mellow soulful house set...a great night indeed...good seeing: DjXl and wifey, Digital7 and girly, Steffers, Dekan, Mursa, Sobeton, Miriam, Biz (always a pleasure...good seeing again), Jason (OG's body double) and OG (great chatting with ya in the booth...will make it out to "locals night"), MP3some and friend, Nmotion and cuz and the SHOCKER of the night...people i am going OLD SCHOOL for this one: Barbie and Chris were out and about :eek:...u guys brought back a lot of good memories...i miss the CP Mafia :boohoo:

barbie and chris?

jeez...i thought they were in the witness protection program or sumthin.

and talkin about cp mafia...guess who i saw saturday night...lee and zuly. yep...u read correctly.

LOL...bullshit!! i asked them (chris and barbie) about lee and zules and they hadnt heard from them either...oh and Chris is starting his own internet radio "H1 radio"...i had to plug his little venture...;)

barbie and chris?

jeez...i thought they were in the witness protection program or sumthin.

and talkin about cp mafia...guess who i saw saturday night...lee and zuly. yep...u read correctly.

I leave the state and there are lee/zuly and barbie/chris sightings :thud: