Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Getting ready for the big move

OK guys and girls.. I am officially getting my stuff ready to come to LA.. The only thing is I have not found housing for me, my fiance , my large doggy and my indoor kitty.. I am looking to rent a single family house or condo that is obviously pet friendly.. I have great rental references and good credit and can pay up to $1550 a month. I am flexible on rent, space and pet deposit.. I need to stay within 1 hour of LA, preferably south..

Shout at me if you got any good ideas.. or remind me what the ideas you gave me before were..

Your the best, LA

Thanks,

Leanne

Shout at me if you got any good ideas.. or remind me what the ideas you gave me before were..

Your the best, LA

Thanks,

Leanne

Hey Ibell, good to hear from you again... Hope you have all the luck and enjoy the trip.

Regards,

Poccnr

check craigslist.org and know that rent in la is fairly insane right now.

welcome to la!

:cool:

Good advice. But na, craigs has some cheap stuff. You'll do fine with that budget.

Can we see some pics of the cat and dog? <3 cats and dogs lol :D

I looked up Agoura Hills Condo's... Anyone know about them?

I am not really picky bout where I settle in cause once I am there I can find better housing...

I live out in Calabasas and head into Agoura Hills all the time. Very nice region. Can't really say too much bad bout it other than the drive into LA off the 101/405 interchange. Either way. I am sure that you'll find what your looking for. I just recently moved from Boston (Lincoln) to LA and have found it much cheaper to live here than there. So don't worry too terribly much about the affordability of housing. :)

Well, poccnr, I called Duggan Properties and they wont rent to me because my dog has rottweiler in his genetic makeup.. :( They didnt even want to consider working with me... oh well..

Damn, that sucks.. Could be worse, though! You could have a pit mix and be moving to Germany.

:)

Well, poccnr, I called Duggan Properties and they wont rent to me because my dog has rottweiler in his genetic makeup.. :( They didnt even want to consider working with me... oh well..
wow - i've never heard of such a thing, not even with pit bulls.

They didnt even give me a chance to say anything ... they asked me what breed and as soon as I said the rottweiler part .. she cut me off and said "we wont rent to the rottweiler part of him" humm what a weird thing to say... "rottweiler part of him".... How bout I dye his tan spots black then he will look like his "lab part of him"...lol

Next time I will bring it up (service dog thing) before I bring up his breeding..

I am starting to get very excited and nervous too..

I need to ask all you LA guys and girls a big favor though...

I got an email from someone who is renting a big 3 bedroom house in Buena Park (20 mi south of LA).. It sounds perfect but I want all of your opinions on it... the address is:

5737 Crescent Ave

Buena Park, CA 90620

I have not seen the house or even know the area...The owner is working on getting me a picture of the house..(we all know I am in the great state of Massachusetts :yuck: )

Anyone ever seen the house? If anyone is in the area, can yea check it out for me? What about the town of Buena Park, is it nice?

Any info on this property would be a godsend..

Thanks everyone..

• 2 weeks later...
OK guys and girls.. I am officially getting my stuff ready to come to LA.. The only thing is I have not found housing for me, my fiance , my large doggy and my indoor kitty.. I am looking to rent a single family house or condo that is obviously pet friendly.. I have great rental references and good credit and can pay up to $1550 a month. I am flexible on rent, space and pet deposit.. I need to stay within 1 hour of LA, preferably south..

Your the best, LA

Thanks,

Leanne

for 1550 you can get a great place here!! my old lady neighbor just dropped dead & i will be taking over her place for only like 800 bucks a month in hollywood. i see signs all over my neighborhood for one and 2 bedroom places foor rent. you shoudl check out craigslist but you might get better places by driving around and taking down #s, calling the building management. they will offer you deals to sign a lease.

if i were you i would try to get a place in the middle of everything b/c the highways are a nightmare. it could take 1 hour to get 20 miles. since i moved to hollywood i save SO much time. my apartment is definitely large enough for 2 people and a dog/cat. :)

ill take down a few #s for you, i see them EVERYWHERE over here.

i got you numbers of some places that are renting. they might be dumps but you might as well look.

323-957-3124 - 1& 2 bdrm

818-988-8085 - 1 bdrm

310-475-9010 x.105

323-469-1868

310-659-6635 - 2 bdrm

323-650-7794

310-274-0551

323-656-7593 - 2 bdrm

323-650-6020 - 2 bdrm

sorry if the #s dont all work, i was trying to write in a moving car.

:D:beer:

i got you numbers of some places that are renting. they might be dumps but you might as well look.

323-957-3124 - 1& 2 bdrm

818-988-8085 - 1 bdrm

310-475-9010 x.105

323-469-1868

310-659-6635 - 2 bdrm

323-650-7794

310-274-0551

323-656-7593 - 2 bdrm

323-650-6020 - 2 bdrm

sorry if the #s dont all work, i was trying to write in a moving car.

:D:beer:

now if you'd just add your number at the bottom of that list, it'd be complete :D