Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Amending the constitution to ban gay marriage.

I can not believe I actually heard that this is being entertained in Washington. So every citizen has a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happines - well maybe not the last one if your gay?! This is downright pathetic. Don't get me wrong - I think the scales are unbalanced for many people in this country - just singling this out because I heard it coming home from work tonight. I don't know whether to be pissed off, depressed or afraid. I think I'll take the last one when you consider what year it is....

I can not believe I actually heard that this is being entertained in Washington. So every citizen has a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happines - well maybe not the last one if your gay?! This is downright pathetic. Don't get me wrong - I think the scales are unbalanced for many people in this country - just singling this out because I heard it coming home from work tonight. I don't know whether to be pissed off, depressed or afraid. I think I'll take the last one when you consider what year it is....

I agree....sexual orientation is not a choice and if someone's gay, let them be....justice and liberty FOR ALL....it's not fair that gay couples don't get the same rights as straight couples.....

..Its just another example of the Catholic and Christian constructs in this world trying to stay relevant while technology continues to explain more and more of the mysteries of our existence. As concrete numbers get more prevalent, the need for faith to explain why the sky is blue and why it rains sometimes..and others not..is lessened. I agree that religion plays a very important part in forming the foundation of morals as a society develops, but after a certain point, that moral foundation floats into the realm of common sense..

Its not proper to hack a guys eyeballs out because he happened to steal your parking spot at the Piggly wiggly. Common sense would dictate that you NOT do that, even moreso than a mandate from God.. When it comes to things such as explaining why things happen..like weather and earthquakes, fire and lightning..religion at one time took a central role in trying to explain the phenomena. Nowadays we know that friction and static charge makes lightning, weather patterns are dictated by water currents (mostly) and earthquakes happen because the Earth's crust is made up of plates floating on magma (say it like Doctor Evil). Back then, people believed it was the actions of an angry (or benevolent depending on what you're talking about) God spiting (or helping) them that caused these things.

Many people who aren't religious underestimate the profound dilemmas many religious peoples around the world face while trying to marry what they learn from Science to whatever their 'Bible' tells them is the case...but I digress..

I agree that its ridiculus, in this day and age, that people would be willing to alter the very document that guarantees our freedom to dictate what people should and shouldn't be able to do based on a book that was written a couple thousand years ago. Then again, you can't really ever underestimate the power of organized religion.

Or something to that effect,

-Phonk

dude its all religions not just catholics and christians... youre going to tell me islam is perfectly fine with gays~!? but response to the main topic, its ridiculous and outlandish... its hipocracy at its finest...

...are you saying most politicians in the US are in gay marriages?...lol....jk....

it's ridiculous, especially in this day and age. The Gov't should only be there for military, social welfare and a few other things. NOT dictate to us morals and ethics.

COME ON, WHO WILL LISTEN TO THE GOVERNMENT TO UNDERSTAND MORALS AND ETHICS :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Newt Gingrich's sister is gay. As is Dick(head) Cheney's. Why can't they talk some sense into these old-world unwavering tyrants?

And what ever happened to the gov't not interfering in people's lives? It's not up to the gov't to say who can marry what!

Where is our reliance on our Amendments? To our Constitution.

We can't get lazy, otherwise the powers that be will take advantage of us.

UPDATE - The Senate defeated this amendment about an hour ago.

*let's out a temporary sigh of relief*

something like this i dont htink would ever pass.......the gay community is growing, in strength and numbers!!!!!!!!!!!! the party that decides they really want to shut them down....would have hell to pay in november.....so the question is.....who will have more influence......gays...or the religious right conservatives....as of now the religious right still has the upper hand....but boy am i salivating for the day that this is no longer ture....may not happen in my lifetime, but if it does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!goodness that would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

...it was a tight vote flip...kinda scary...and the only reason it didnt pass is because we're too close to the elections...i hear what youre saying and i see it like this - it's not so much a rise in the gay community i'd like to see but a rise in attitude and education of the american public...i dont care what your sexual preference is but i am aware that it is a personal choice and that freedom of choice is what the US is supposed to represent...the sooner we get back to that awareness on a political level, the sooner we can breathe a bit easier...but i agree it probably will not happen in our lifetime unless as i have mentioned before, some type of revolution occurs in this country...

...- it's not so much a rise in the gay community i'd like to see but a rise in attitude and education of the american public...

yes this would be ideal....but this goes against what our govt, truly wants for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they need to keep us dumbed down, and entertained....cuz dumb people who r entertained will not raise a finger for anything but to chagne the channel on the remote control......i for one am up to revolt....the sooner the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

....i feel so bad for anyone in this 'community'....the way they are treated like a big ISSUE...i mean.....god.......HUMAN BEING IS A HUMAN BEING .......that's like being like...."should we allow people who are into anal the right to vote?"...."should toe suckers and people harboring foot fetishes be allowed to own land?".........

...personally i have a best friend who is a lesbian..and well seeing how badly she wants a family and how absolutely awesome she is with children makes me so disgusted that anyone thinks they have the right to deny her this just because she doesn't want to share this with a man............

....i feel so bad for anyone in this 'community'....the way they are treated like a big ISSUE...i mean.....god.......HUMAN BEING IS A HUMAN BEING .......that's like being like...."should we allow people who are into anal the right to vote?"...."should toe suckers and people harboring foot fetishes be allowed to own land?".........

...personally i have a best friend who is a lesbian..and well seeing how badly she wants a family and how absolutely awesome she is with children makes me so disgusted that anyone thinks they have the right to deny her this just because she doesn't want to share this with a man............

AMEN!

Our government is complete garbage sometimes.....as human beings, we should all have the same rights, regardless of who we choose to sleep with

AMEN!

Our government is complete garbage sometimes.....as human beings, we should all have the same rights, regardless of who we choose to sleep with

...how bout you use some of that freedom of choice and come sleep with me this weekend....

:)