Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cubs-Red Sox-D'backs trade?

vicman

so rumor has it that a three way trade between the cubs-red sox and d'backs is in the werks.

red sox would send nomar to the cubs, cubs would send a shitload of propsects to the sox (presumably the cubs system is loaded with good prospects) and the sox would send all the prospects to the d'backs for randy johnson.

dunno if it will go through, but that starting three of johnson, schilling and martinez would be :shake:

sounds good for all involved ...but im still convinced there is truth to the fact thtat Johnson HATES schilling and doesnt want to be back with him. as #1 ANd #1A then throw pussy petey in the mix and ya got three topdawgs all barkin.

but yeah that would be a sick top 3 in a short series :mad:

The Yankees would block any attempt the Red Sox would make at getting Johnson...

I have to disagree... It was stated perfect last night... Yanks donot have many prospects left that would be worthy of that kind of trade... I see the UNIT going to Boston more likely than anything...

But who knows. He seems to always pull something out of the wood works... In my eyes. I hope that if the Yanks can pull something together that they do not deal away Halsey... I would rather a young up and coming pitcher than a 40 year old pitcher... We can win without the UNIT and I think the future is just as important as today.

Good luck to Boston... If he gets dealt to Boston it will be one hell of a post season...

Hoping the Yanks Pitching staff can get healthy and stay healthy...

I have to disagree... It was stated perfect last night... Yanks donot have many prospects left that would be worthy of that kind of trade... I see the UNIT going to Boston more likely than anything...

But who knows. He seems to always pull something out of the wood works... In my eyes. I hope that if the Yanks can pull something together that they do not deal away Halsey... I would rather a young up and coming pitcher than a 40 year old pitcher... We can win without the UNIT and I think the future is just as important as today.

Good luck to Boston... If he gets dealt to Boston it will be one hell of a post season...

Hoping the Yanks Pitching staff can get healthy and stay healthy...

The Sox can't take on Johnson's salary. To make that work Arizona would have to eat some of that contract which they won't / can't. The Yankees do this all the time. Last year they blocked the Red Sox from getting Freddie Garcia. Also a couple of years ago they picked up Canseco just so the Sox wouldn't get him. Cashman is the master of this...

The Sox can't take on Johnson's salary. To make that work Arizona would have to eat some of that contract which they won't / can't. The Yankees do this all the time. Last year they blocked the Red Sox from getting Freddie Garcia. Also a couple of years ago they picked up Canseco just so the Sox wouldn't get him. Cashman is the master of this...

you're completely wrong about the salary thing

giving up Nomar frees up plenty of cash and this is a one year solution, not a long term commitment

you're completely wrong about the salary thing

giving up Nomar frees up plenty of cash and this is a one year solution, not a long term commitment

Yeah but the Cubs are not going to give up all those prospects just to rent Nomar for a couple of months. Nomar's been in decline for a little while now. After that shit he pulled in NY his trade value is rock bottom...

Yeah but the Cubs are not going to give up all those prospects just to rent Nomar for a couple of months. Nomar's been in decline for a little while now. After that shit he pulled in NY his trade value is rock bottom...

dood u are wrong again.....the only reason nomar acted the way he did in ny was cause he wants out of boston.....nomar would prob also be willing to resign with the cubs if he were to go there.....but being a yankee fan hopefully all this shit hits rock bottom like every other deal the sox have tried to make (arod)......also the cubs have been more interedsted in orlando cabrera since they wont have to give up as much..in terms of their prospects

dood u are wrong again.....the only reason nomar acted the way he did in ny was cause he wants out of boston.....nomar would prob also be willing to resign with the cubs if he were to go there.....but being a yankee fan hopefully all this shit hits rock bottom like every other deal the sox have tried to make (arod)......also the cubs have been more interedsted in orlando cabrera since they wont have to give up as much..in terms of their prospects

It doesn't matter why he acted the way he did. He may not like the way he was treated (and I can't say I blame him) but what kind of message does that send to the rest of the team?? Boston was fighting for their life at the time in one of the best regular season games ever and thats how you show support?? Fuck, they put Manny on waivers and he responds with one of his best seasons. He's even offered to defer some of his salary to help resign Pedro. Trust me, that shot of Nomar sulking while the rest of his team is standing in the dugout will be one of his defining moments in Boston.... What's to say that what happened in Boston won't happen wherever he may end up. None of this matters anyway because he isn't fully healed yet. Right now he's a liability at shortstop so the Cubs can't even use him because he can't DH...

It doesn't matter why he acted the way he did. He may not like the way he was treated (and I can't say I blame him) but what kind of message does that send to the rest of the team?? Boston was fighting for their life at the time in one of the best regular season games ever and thats how you show support?? Fuck, they put Manny on waivers and he responds with one of his best seasons. He's even offered to defer some of his salary to help resign Pedro. Trust me, that shot of Nomar sulking while the rest of his team is standing in the dugout will be one of his defining moments in Boston.... What's to say that what happened in Boston won't happen wherever he may end up. None of this matters anyway because he isn't fully healed yet. Right now he's a liability at shortstop so the Cubs can't even use him because he can't DH...

liability????

c'mon guy

It aint happening

I will not believe rumors. Same thing happened with arod, I will nt get hopes up to have them shatered when the yanks trade 5 people you never heard of, enrique wilson, and 20 million bucks to get him. :beer:

It aint happening

I will not believe rumors. Same thing happened with arod, I will nt get hopes up to have them shatered when the yanks trade 5 people you never heard of, enrique wilson, and 20 million bucks to get him. :beer:

Never happen, typical Yankee fan cash cash cash

The first shoe has dropped. Mendoza has been taken off the DL and is in Anaheim. Kevin Youklis has been sent back to Pawtucket. Nomar going to Chicago don't know which one yet both are mad to get him. Tek is suppossed to be resigned as well don't know how much

just 3 ?? last i checked, the yamkees still havent mastered the art of hitting knuckle balls. Add tim Wakefield to the list :)
I finally agree with you here..

I would rather face Pedro, the UNIT, and Schilling before facing Wakefield...

They have never been dominated by Pedro, I believe the Lefties will have the only problem with Johnson, and Schilling well we shall see. Everyone can have a bad game. So whether you hold the best or worst pitchers in the league... You never know what is going to happen in a best of 7 game series...

just 3 ?? last i checked, the yamkees still havent mastered the art of hitting knuckle balls. Add tim Wakefield to the list :)

in a short series ya hopin to only use 3 pitchers

and anyone can get to wakefield just dependin on how the knuckler is diving or noty