Clubplanet Nightlife Community

any ikon reveiws

I only went because my friend was DJ'ing in one of the smaller rooms. They have a room (I think it might be VIP) that's entirely hot pink. It has a bunch of couches and it's own private bathrooms. It's like something out of South Beach in the 80's... Other than that the rest of the club sucks. The sound is improved and the rooftop is cool but musically it's an abortion. They had a line around the block yet the club was practically empty inside. It won't last more than a couple of months....

the pink room was hot .and the two DJs there were excellent no doubt about it ... i danced/sit down there good 1.5 or 2 hours ..

the main room sucked in the beginning .. it was playing lots of ktu crap ..

later .. like 4 am .. my friend said lets go check Eddie Baiz . and i was glad i did .. the dude mixed some hard shit .. and we danced our ass off

ya .. there were china town .but i really dont care for who is there .. all people, if u ask me, are good ..

btw . that show . the man inside the ballon was AMAZING .. and i am not usually impressed at all with shows on stages .but that guy was unbelievable for real .. i just dont know how he managed to be inside a ballon for that long .. wow

i met some of the old friends from avalon and webster hall ... it was fun just for that matter

peace

the MASK

the jumping guy was cool to see, thought Eddie was playing good--it was nice to hear some older tracks, the sound system is kicking---really big sound in that room plus I like the name IKON--used to go to Exit since it first opened, still like the place

pvd @ exit was THE single most crowded event i have ever been to... he didnt play in the booth.. instead they shut down the stage and he spun up there... it doesnt make sense that it was more packed than pvd @ roxy... i dont get it...

the jumping guy was cool to see, thought Eddie was playing good--it was nice to hear some older tracks, the sound system is kicking---really big sound in that room plus I like the name IKON--used to go to Exit since it first opened, still like the place

ya ya ya .. the jumping guy was awesome .. i even thought about getting those suspension springs (whatever their name is .. hehehe) myself . but think they probably cost tons of money .. and i dont even know where to start looking for them to start with .. hehe

peace

the MASK

I only went because my friend was DJ'ing in one of the smaller rooms. They have a room (I think it might be VIP) that's entirely hot pink. It has a bunch of couches and it's own private bathrooms. It's like something out of South Beach in the 80's... Other than that the rest of the club sucks. The sound is improved and the rooftop is cool but musically it's an abortion. They had a line around the block yet the club was practically empty inside. It won't last more than a couple of months....

THATS THE SAME WAY IT WAS WHEN IT WAS BLACK!!! LINE TWO BLKS DOWN AND LIKE 20 PEOPLE INSIDE.. IT WAS RIDICLOUS!

THATS THE SAME WAY IT WAS WHEN IT WAS BLACK!!! LINE TWO BLKS DOWN AND LIKE 20 PEOPLE INSIDE.. IT WAS RIDICLOUS!

when i got there .. the line was around the block .. like way around the block . hehe

i called my friends who happened to be on line .. and they said .. they are in the very front .. like at the door .. so i ran there .. found them .. asked the bouncer if it is ok to let me in . he looked at me suspeciously .. saw that i was dressed up fine .. then called my friends .. asked them if they knew me .. and they said ya ya of course .. and boom he let me in . and i was in ..

this is something i never do .. like never did before . but it was the first time .. and coz of that i got in free .. coz it was free before 11 .. awesome ..

peace

the MASK

I'm happy to see that Baez threw it down, he used to be awesome at Tunnel....

it was hard core son ... hard core ... i did not mind the crowd .. or some stupid stuff around .. i just kept on dancing for hours ..

he was awesome .. i am going back to check him out again

peace

the MASK

couldnt get in! Got there early, was on a list, couldnt get in, waited in line for an hour, bouncer and I had a tiff and he sent me to the back of the line so I left.

My three friends were spinning in the pink room - it was a groovanauts party with robbiep, Mike (totallyoff) and Jason Jollins. Heard it was cool.

Dont know about the club in general though....

couldnt get in! Got there early, was on a list, couldnt get in, waited in line for an hour, bouncer and I had a tiff and he sent me to the back of the line so I left.

My three friends were spinning in the pink room - it was a groovanauts party with robbiep, Mike (totallyoff) and Jason Jollins. Heard it was cool.

Dont know about the club in general though....

wow .. those were your friends .. lemme tell u something .. they were awesome .. they made me move and get down hard core dear .. and u know what .. i am soo picky about music since i was a DJ .. so not much can make me move that hard (with all the injuries too .. hehe) ..

they did an awesome job .. and please tell them on my and my friends behalf that they are great ..

do you know if they are there on a regular basis? or was it that one particular night?

sorry about you not getting in ... this sucks .. and bouncers do this shit to people thinking that they own the place or something .. in the future .. try (as hard as u can) not to get aggrevated by some of those stupid bouncers (and usually there are many nice good bouncers too) .. coz ur goal is to get in and have fun .. so just ignore them as if they dont exist until u r in .. and then do your thing

i am checking exit/ikon next sat .. woo hoo ..

does anyone know if Eddie Bais will be there ????

peace

the MASK

I thought it was a good night overall, and also thought Eddie Biez kind of sucked, it was very packed throughout the night on all 3 floors but most of the good action was in the rooms upstairs. The Roof Top, Pink room, and graffitti room dj's were all off the hook. The vibe was great all night, alot of little surprises, throughout the club (like that guy on jumping stilts entering the Hip Hop room was off the hook), the dj in the Pink room was dj Ziggy long time afterhour and Exit resident, in the roof top of coarse we had dj Cleveland, well known for rocking the S.F., and in the insanely packed graffitti room it was The Total Package mr dj Brinka, who has been an up and coming Hot dj playing at all the big time clubs in NY, Jersey and Miami (look out for this guy 1 of a kind)

My Suggestion to Eddie Biez is to definitely go out and buy some new records, you have all the opportunity in the world right now, take advantage of it while it last, cause you'll never know when it will end.....

And to Ikon management give some of those upstair dj's a shot, (Ziggy, Cleveland, Brinka). These guy's may not have a huge following, but sure can play there asses off.

the dj in the Pink room was dj Ziggy long time afterhour and Exit resident, in the roof top of coarse we had dj Cleveland, well known for rocking the S.F., and in the insanely packed graffitti room it was The Total Package mr dj Brinka, who has been an up and coming Hot dj playing at all the big time clubs in NY, Jersey and Miami (look out for this guy 1 of a kind)

thanks for the information jayrock

peace

the MASK

well the only reason y i went to IKON was cuz my cru and i turned away from crobar dat nite (i had too many guys)

well when we got there the line was huge... and when we got in... the place was empty.. the music was ok... as for the vibe... there were alot of chinese peeps there... I'm chinese myself... but these are the F.O.B.'s and it got alittle annoying... but blah blah blah...the music got better and i had a pretty gud nite... stayed tere til 5:30 even though i was tired, i still partied it up... so i had a gud time. but i think IKON wont last dat long... i think dat club has had it. so many changes and still no business. it has such a bad reputation dat no one wants to hit there no more. oh well

but dats my 2cents

and MASK thank god u replied to the post... cuz i thought i was so messed up dat nite...that i thought i was seeing things. i thought my imagination was seeing a guy walkin around wit a mask... but it was only u

:)

and MASK thank god u replied to the post... cuz i thought i was so messed up dat nite...that i thought i was seeing things. i thought my imagination was seeing a guy walkin around wit a mask... but it was only u

:)

haha .. that is me kid .. no u r fine my friend ... i wear mask sometimes backwords .. just as a dancing statment . hhehe

r u going to exit sat? we plan to be there for eddie bais ..

lemme know and if u there . then come over and say hi .. i love to make friends

peace

the MASK

yeh next time i c ya around I'll introduce myself... my boyz and I are gonna play it cool from the clubs for awhile... been partying too much. but like i said ..when I c ya... i'll come by and give ya a holla. peace

wow .. those were your friends .. lemme tell u something .. they were awesome .. they made me move and get down hard core dear .. and u know what .. i am soo picky about music since i was a DJ .. so not much can make me move that hard (with all the injuries too .. hehe) ..

they did an awesome job .. and please tell them on my and my friends behalf that they are great ..

do you know if they are there on a regular basis? or was it that one particular night?

sorry about you not getting in ... this sucks .. and bouncers do this shit to people thinking that they own the place or something .. in the future .. try (as hard as u can) not to get aggrevated by some of those stupid bouncers (and usually there are many nice good bouncers too) .. coz ur goal is to get in and have fun .. so just ignore them as if they dont exist until u r in .. and then do your thing

i am checking exit/ikon next sat .. woo hoo ..

does anyone know if Eddie Bais will be there ????

peace

the MASK

Hey! Glad you had a good time! Jason Jollins spins at Ikon regularly now, (I believe), but the three of them don't have regular parties. Our message board (www.groovanauts.com) throws sporadic bashes featuring some of our DJ's. It's always a blast and we have some real talent! :bounce:

Check out our board if you like!

Hey! Glad you had a good time! Jason Jollins spins at Ikon regularly now, (I believe), but the three of them don't have regular parties. Our message board (www.groovanauts.com) throws sporadic bashes featuring some of our DJ's. It's always a blast and we have some real talent! :bounce:

Check out our board if you like!

sara .. cool kid .. thanks for the link .. i will check it out and probably register ..

how widespread is this message board ??? is it new or has it been there for a while??

peace

the MASK

sara .. cool kid .. thanks for the link .. i will check it out and probably register ..

how widespread is this message board ??? is it new or has it been there for a while??

peace

the MASK

Groovanauts has been around for awhile now so there's quite a bit of activity on groovanauts. Come see for yourself. I spend most of my work day goofing off on GN. :aright: