Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Farenheit 911

Ive been dying to see this for a while...not in theaters any more down here, so I've been trying to DL it but when I try, there are tons of different options that come up to get. My question is to those of you have seen it, how long is it, and how does it start? I've got a few DLed now that are supposedly it, but I wanna know which is actually it.

your friend was in it ?

yeah, she was interviewed while in Iraq...she was making an annoucement to her troops that they are most likely going to be attacked on their way to somplace...its actually the girl who's wedding i went to in bumf*ck

Me and Sugar watched it last night. Some very valid points are brought up in this movie, regardless whether you're a republican, democrat or "other".

1. George Bush should NOT be president.

2. He spent 42% of his first 8 months (pre Sept. 11th) on vacation.

3. The US Government flew Bin Laden's family and other Saudis out of the country on Sept. 13th when all other flights were grounded. They did this without even asking them a single question about Osama's whereabouts.

4. The Bin Laden family are major contributors to Bush associates' oil companies.

5. We should not have attacked Iraq.

6. Hallibert, the company that Dick Cheney was CEO of made a SHITLOAD of money from the Iraqi war.

900+ Americans have died, brothers, fathers, sisters, cousins and mothers for Iraqi oil and nothing more. Why are we paying $2.00 a gallon? I am also wondering what would have happened if Gore did become president. Would Sept. 11th have happened? Clinton's people were very much concentrated on finding Bin Laden and investigating Al Quida. These same people would have become "Gore's People". When Bush came into office, China got one of our spy planes and Bush had his people start concentrating most of their resources on China.

I think I'm gonna run for president.

:hat:

The major points that should be taken from the movie:

1. Conflict of Interest - no president or senior ranking official within the goverment should have any financial interest in businesses that they can have the ability to affect financial (ie. Hallibert). They have and that is just totally wrong - our intentions entering Iraq included financial gain for personal parties with investments in Hallibert.

2. Bush did take a lot of vacations prior to 9/11 and I don't fly well with any president telling me that "he can work from home"... this isn't auditing you ass. A president should be more focused in the White House where he can focus on the tasks at hand... not taking reports with him so that they can go unread.

There inaccuracies in the movie of course (scare tactics) such as the Saudis investment in the US economy... they acquire stock legally and are rich out their asses. Where else can they keep their money? In a building like Richie Rich? Banks surely cannot house that type of money... and no way in hell could they withdraw all their money from the US economy in one day and cause our economy to crash. In order to sell stock you need buyers and the market is not an etrade account where you can say I am selling everything today... especially when you own so much.

There inaccuracies in the movie of course (scare tactics) such as the Saudis investment in the US economy... they acquire stock legally and are rich out their asses. Where else can they keep their money? In a building like Richie Rich? Banks surely cannot house that type of money... and no way in hell could they withdraw all their money from the US economy in one day and cause our economy to crash. In order to sell stock you need buyers and the market is not an etrade account where you can say I am selling everything today... especially when you own so much.

I don't think Moore was claiming their was any inpropriety in the Saudis investing money in the US economy, just pointing out how valuable there money is to U.S. interests and further evidence of why Bush and his administration handled them with kid gloves.