Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Updated Club Review

BillLe

I was wanting to know how good the pimpnho ball is going to be this year? And I know what clubs we can bounce around to, but what are the ones we need to be setting up shop in!(Drais,???????????)

Body English, Tangerine,& Ice are definitely spots you need to do bottles at. VIP tickets I believe are gone for the p-n-h. I think it is going to be a great party, but the vip area is where you want to be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh man I forgot to add a review.

I had a great time. I never went when it was Ibiza so now sure how much change in the decor but it was nice. I went to the Q Magazine party so alcohol was flowing free till about midnight or so. I got to hang out at the editor's table which was cool as I had a great view for the Fashionistas show. It is somewhat of an edgey fashion show with Vegas flavor thrown in. It's a gay club, so there were men in leather, but...there were hot ladies in leather too. Male and female go-go dancers and awesome female acrobats.

The show alone is worth it. I am from San Francisco, for those who don't know, and I have been to a few gay parties before. This ranks right up there. Good positive vibe, everybody is friendly and the music was on point. Circuit music get's on my nerves at times but it was very tolerable here. Sound need a bit tweaking, a little weak on the bottom end.

BillLe 2 thumbs up. I would highly recommend this spot for anyone who doesn't want to deal with the pretention of high end Vegas clubs and just wants to get back to basics. Good Music, Good Vibe, and Good People.

Way cool, we were thinking of checking it out on friday. Maybe this will end up being our friday nite spot opposite Ice Sat.

When I worked on the strip I traveled pretty extensively. I also worked part time on yachts overseas (for about 2 years). Bartender, diver certified, Emergency med tech certified. Pick up the boat at port like tokyo and take it to sydney. Did alot of clubbing in my free time all over. Been to Mykonos, Ibiza, Rota (Spain), Nice (France), Amsterdam, London, Athens, Kyoto, Tokyo, all over western coast of Australia and Whitsunday Islands and New Zealand.

My Fiance'e is way into clubs like in SF and the bay area. She went out there a couple times and got hooked to its vibe and scene. Together we are just starting to get back into things out here.

Hey Bill le, thanks for the reviews and info.

Really looking forward to checkin on some stuff you wrote.

• 3 weeks later...

went to tangerine on wed 10/20/04....was the best place we hit up all weekend. not an ugly girl in the place (amazingly beautiful staff,as well)

good vibe ...nice "housey" set of music outside on the patio

checked out "ice" on saturday....didn't stay long (my buddy likes the drunken girly scene better)....music was the best i heard in vegas in the 6 times i've been (since '99)...just don't know if that's my scene anymore...

didn't think the vibe was that great either

nice set up ...good looking club......4 to 5 years too late for me, unfortunately

i was there this past week heres an idea of what we experienced:

hit studio 54 on tues night, the club is small the crowd was drunk as hell (or maybe that was just me) hooked up with a few milfs..dont remmeber much from this night..lol....but i do remember a cool little adam and eve show towards the end of the night, the female dancer was real hot.

tangerine definately has strict high class females(or ones that act high class well), went there this past wed. had a great time hooked up with a show girl, met lots of nice beautifull people here.

ICE on sat night was wild because of Ferry and the Costume party(this is probably more like a club for serious electronic music fans) the crowd was mixed but less trendy then the other clubs, they had 2 rooms, one hip hop & 1 house then ferry came on.

body english on thurs night was completely insane( and near impossible to get into, unless u have a connect.), incredible girls everywhere going wild. best party i went to all week. they played mostly pop music, rock, rap, house. but the girls were plentifull and it was packed. great vibe(hot, drunk, trendy and hook up..lol), better then any NYC club ive been to in years.

we made the mistake of going to RA on sat after ICE, i would avoid this club, everyone i talked to in vegas said its played out and from what i saw they were right, packed with mostly ghetto males and the like.

went to THE BEACH just for the fuck of it on tues night, place was dead when we left at 1230, the people that were there were the kind you dont want to meet up iwth in a dark alley, the dancers were real hot and we hung out with them the whole time.lol plus they dance on top of huge coolers of beer so we bought from them.

drais for afterhours, went on wed and thurs, it sucked just some crackheads hangin out in the booths and 1 whacked out girl who reminded me of sound factory, by herself in the middle of the floor, i heard this place is real good on fri and sat night, slow during the week i guess.

correction jackass we went to Body English on Friday and yes it was quite an experience I strongly recommend it. When I left that place I was speechless I didnt want to leave! I think the reason we left is because it was like 5 and it was dying out.

Yes RA sucks dont go! We should have went to the Palms afterwards or Light in the Bellagio on Sat nite with those girls.

Next time Next Time.....

BUT WE BLEW UP THAT TOWN!!! :gang::gang::pint:

NUFF SAID!!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the good read and reviews, Bill. I'll be part of a group of about 5-6 guys coming into town for the 14th and 15th of January and am trying to narrow down our list of club possibilities. Last time we hit Studio 54, which was entertaining enough but a little shady. Earlier in the night we had tried Light but got stiffed at the door and got sick of waiting.

We're looking for a good 20-something dance club that's not too heavy on the techno music and not too swanky (read: Rain). From your reviews, I'm wondering if Body English is a good choice, especially since we'll be staying at the Hard Rock. Any tips on getting in there? I know 5-6 dudes is about the worst possible group to try and get into one of these places. Are a couple of well placed $20s about the only way to get past the door?

Thanks in advance.

Body English will definitely be a good fit. Tangerine you may enjoy as well. Pure, remains to be seen how hot it will be. I can help you out with Body Enhlish as well as any of the other venues. Hit me on pm and I'll go over the details. I have access to the list at all those spots. 5-6 guys no problem at all.

Hi guys,

I have to say this thread is extremely helpful to someone who is planning on going to Vegas but has never been to any of the clubs there. Me and my girls and another couple are heading out there in March. I had a question though... over on lasvegas . com they have these VIP passes that allow you to cut the line or some bullshit. Are they worth it? The cheapest one was 50 beans a person. WHat do you guys think? BillLe you seem to be the man out there in Vegas. whats ur opinion? Thanks for any input.

Sal

Getting past the line is worth every penny here in Vegas. Passes sometimes do not work, being on the list is the best way to go. Of course I have access ot various lists around town. You can drop me a pm and let me know exactly when you're coming to town and where you'd liek to go and I'll lt you knwo what I can do.

Bikinis is still open in the Rio every Thursday through Sunday.

They have a latin night on Sunday which is doing well.

The other nights are not really recognized as hot nights anymore but they can still be fun especially if you are staying at the Rio. However you have a better in-house option on Saturdays, Club Rio, which also has the longest running Latin night on Thursdays.

PURE - Fri Jan 14

This is amazing looking club. Of course, it's brand new! The decor is great.

Last Friday was PACKED. Wall to wall people checking out the new spot in Vegas. It was a 24-34 crowd! Very nice. DJ Jazzy Jeff was spinning all night long which is great. Mostly HipHop and old school! Dance floor was packed. The area around the 3 bars by the main dance floor was packed with a great looking crowd. The bathroom placement in here sucks. One on the side of the main DJ booth and one in the patio. Dunno if there was more.

I heard they had 5 rooms here, only saw 3:

Patio - 2nd floor outside - great view of the strip. They have a huge fireplace out there to keep you wam on cold nights. Many coaches/padded benches with pillows for you to sit. House music is in the mix up here. It was 45 degrees at 2am when I got up there. In the summer this platio will be PACKED!

Red Room - This is the club's VIP area. Only tables in here. If you don't have a table and try to kick it in here, they will move you along. They played what ever was in the main room. It's dark and red! Good spot to lounge.

Main dance area - Very crowded. Have to move some people to get to the dance floor. The floor was really sticky from people spilling there drinks. That will tell you how crowded it was.

OVERALL GRADE: A- (I will be back)

ICE - Sat Jan 15

Second time to ICE. I think I should start by saying I like HipHop as much as I like House music. I was with 9 others who wanted to hear HipHop so we spent much of the night in the HipHop side listening to DJ KristCut tear it up.

It was SOOO freakin crowded on this side that I had to :) get a VIP table so all my people could kick it together. I mean I tried to dance and it was impossible to move out there and it seemed more people were pouring into the dance floor area. The House side was not so packed until later. The table experience is a must at this spot.

I think the TV show has brought many people over here. I ordered 2 bottle for $500, final bill came in over $700. With auto tip and tax. You have been warned! :splat: But we had a great time. The music was off the hook and the bouncers needed a little reminders throughout the night to get rid of the rift-rafts that kept coming into the VIP area. The decor is very dark in here. Think of it as a warehouse with black painted walls and ceilings. Great looking crowd! A mix of nationalilties and ages. I seemed to have forgot the rest of the night! :pint: x 25

OVERALL GRADE: B (I might be back again)