Clubplanet Nightlife Community

My Updated Club Review

BillLe

PURE - Fri Jan 14

This is amazing looking club. Of course, it's brand new! The decor is great.

Last Friday was PACKED. Wall to wall people checking out the new spot in Vegas. It was a 24-34 crowd! Very nice. DJ Jazzy Jeff was spinning all night long which is great. Mostly HipHop and old school! Dance floor was packed. The area around the 3 bars by the main dance floor was packed with a great looking crowd. The bathroom placement in here sucks. One on the side of the main DJ booth and one in the patio. Dunno if there was more.

I heard they had 5 rooms here, only saw 3:

Patio - 2nd floor outside - great view of the strip. They have a huge fireplace out there to keep you wam on cold nights. Many coaches/padded benches with pillows for you to sit. House music is in the mix up here. It was 45 degrees at 2am when I got up there. In the summer this platio will be PACKED!

Red Room - This is the club's VIP area. Only tables in here. If you don't have a table and try to kick it in here, they will move you along. They played what ever was in the main room. It's dark and red! Good spot to lounge.

Main dance area - Very crowded. Have to move some people to get to the dance floor. The floor was really sticky from people spilling there drinks. That will tell you how crowded it was.

OVERALL GRADE: A- (I will be back)

ICE - Sat Jan 15

Second time to ICE. I think I should start by saying I like HipHop as much as I like House music. I was with 9 others who wanted to hear HipHop so we spent much of the night in the HipHop side listening to DJ KristCut tear it up.

It was SOOO freakin crowded on this side that I had to :) get a VIP table so all my people could kick it together. I mean I tried to dance and it was impossible to move out there and it seemed more people were pouring into the dance floor area. The House side was not so packed until later. The table experience is a must at this spot.

I think the TV show has brought many people over here. I ordered 2 bottle for $500, final bill came in over $700. With auto tip and tax. You have been warned! :splat: But we had a great time. The music was off the hook and the bouncers needed a little reminders throughout the night to get rid of the rift-rafts that kept coming into the VIP area. The decor is very dark in here. Think of it as a warehouse with black painted walls and ceilings. Great looking crowd! A mix of nationalilties and ages. I seemed to have forgot the rest of the night! :pint: x 25

OVERALL GRADE: B (I might be back again)

Good review. Pure sounds great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
PURE - Fri Jan 14

This is amazing looking club. Of course, it's brand new! The decor is great.

Last Friday was PACKED. Wall to wall people checking out the new spot in Vegas. It was a 24-34 crowd! Very nice. DJ Jazzy Jeff was spinning all night long which is great. Mostly HipHop and old school! Dance floor was packed. The area around the 3 bars by the main dance floor was packed with a great looking crowd. The bathroom placement in here sucks. One on the side of the main DJ booth and one in the patio. Dunno if there was more.

I heard they had 5 rooms here, only saw 3:

Patio - 2nd floor outside - great view of the strip. They have a huge fireplace out there to keep you wam on cold nights. Many coaches/padded benches with pillows for you to sit. House music is in the mix up here. It was 45 degrees at 2am when I got up there. In the summer this platio will be PACKED!

Red Room - This is the club's VIP area. Only tables in here. If you don't have a table and try to kick it in here, they will move you along. They played what ever was in the main room. It's dark and red! Good spot to lounge.

Main dance area - Very crowded. Have to move some people to get to the dance floor. The floor was really sticky from people spilling there drinks. That will tell you how crowded it was.

OVERALL GRADE: A- (I will be back)

ICE - Sat Jan 15

Second time to ICE. I think I should start by saying I like HipHop as much as I like House music. I was with 9 others who wanted to hear HipHop so we spent much of the night in the HipHop side listening to DJ KristCut tear it up.

It was SOOO freakin crowded on this side that I had to :) get a VIP table so all my people could kick it together. I mean I tried to dance and it was impossible to move out there and it seemed more people were pouring into the dance floor area. The House side was not so packed until later. The table experience is a must at this spot.

I think the TV show has brought many people over here. I ordered 2 bottle for $500, final bill came in over $700. With auto tip and tax. You have been warned! :splat: But we had a great time. The music was off the hook and the bouncers needed a little reminders throughout the night to get rid of the rift-rafts that kept coming into the VIP area. The decor is very dark in here. Think of it as a warehouse with black painted walls and ceilings. Great looking crowd! A mix of nationalilties and ages. I seemed to have forgot the rest of the night!

OVERALL GRADE: B (I might be back again)

To add to my reviews:

Drai's - Fri Mar 4

Arrived at 2:30 am. Jenn (DarkVixen) told me who to talk too and after a little grease, 4 doods made it inside under 10 minutes. But what is with the $30 entrance?!?! :pissy: Do locals pay this?

This place is nice and clean! (Which IS a plus +) It looks more like a lounge then a club with a small dance floor. This place was packed the minute I walked in. Lots of VIP areas and (I only saw) two bar areas for others. Music was pretty good house & techno beats and the dance floor was as packed as the club was. The guy/girl ratio was about 65 sausage/35 legs! Don't get mad. This is in my opinion on this given night. Crowd was average looking like a 6 and pretty young. I say average age was ~25, unlike me. Turned 33. :isok: Crowd was most white with a few asains, brown and black peeps.

People that worked the line were not picky as to who they let in. Everyone got in! I would have to say VIP is the only way to go here. There is really no where else to kick it.

Overall Grade: B- (I might be back again)

OPM - Sat Mar 5

Arrived around midnight. Place is located in the Forum Shops @ Ceaser's. The line was LLLLOOOONNNNGGGGGG! I thought fiddy cent was going to rap here the line was so long. (In other words, get here early) DJ MasterWeb hooked me and some friends up at the door and we were inside in about 15 minutes. MasterWeb, who is the lady that checked us in with the clip board?!? :drool: She is HOT! :flame: Wow! Anyway, this spot was packed inside. OPM has a little more of a "thugish" feel but everyone treated me great here. The club is located above a restaurant and has lofts & patios overlooking the Forum mall below. I can't tell you how big this place was because I never left my spot. The VIP areas here are large. The biggest I have ever seen at a club in Vegas. Server was ok at best. Don't know why... The crowd was mixed! I mean mixed. The average age was in the low 30's and I noticed the color of the crowd too. 45% black, 35% brown, and about 10% were white or asain.

This is definatly a HipHop spot! I didn't catch the 1st DJ but he was good. Mixed it up old school with the new. But when MasterWeb got up there, it was off the hook. I'm talkin Candy Shop of the hook. Oh, and thanks for the shout out, MW. The bouncers here are mentionable because they know what they are doing unlike most bouncers at Vegas clubs. We even tipped a our bouncer for going above & beyond. A great night out! All HipHop, all the time.

Overall Grade: A- (I will be back in touch with DJ MasterWeb)

OPM - Sat Mar 5

Arrived around midnight. Place is located in the Forum Shops @ Ceaser's. The line was LLLLOOOONNNNGGGGGG! I thought fiddy cent was going to rap here the line was so long. (In other words, get here early) DJ MasterWeb hooked me and some friends up at the door and we were inside in about 15 minutes. MasterWeb, who is the lady that checked us in with the clip board?!? :drool: She is HOT! :flame: Wow! Anyway, this spot was packed inside. OPM has a little more of a "thugish" feel but everyone treated me great here. The club is located above a restaurant and has lofts & patios overlooking the Forum mall below. I can't tell you how big this place was because I never left my spot. The VIP areas here are large. The biggest I have ever seen at a club in Vegas. Server was ok at best. Don't know why... The crowd was mixed! I mean mixed. The average age was in the low 30's and I noticed the color of the crowd too. 45% black, 35% brown, and about 10% were white or asain.

This is definatly a HipHop spot! I didn't catch the 1st DJ but he was good. Mixed it up old school with the new. But when MasterWeb got up there, it was off the hook. I'm talkin Candy Shop of the hook. Oh, and thanks for the shout out, MW. The bouncers here are mentionable because they know what they are doing unlike most bouncers at Vegas clubs. We even tipped a our bouncer for going above & beyond. A great night out! All HipHop, all the time.

Overall Grade: A- (I will be back in touch with DJ MasterWeb)

Thanks for the kind words, Ed. It was nice to meet you.

1. I am sorry it took you 15 minutes to get in. My goal was 1 minute.

2. I know it was so busy that the cocktail waitresses literally had trouble getting through the crowd, but I wish she was better to you.

3. OPM's security really does do a great job. There are no fights in there and they understand the theory of kindness is not a sign of weakness if you show respect and take your job seriously.

4. The crowd. Your review of the crowd was accurate for the second half of the night. From 10 to 12 the crowd is much more mainstream. I couldn't believe 10 to 11 that night. We were once again a huge ratio of ladies and almost all white. Then as the place filled up, it became much more mixed and by 1 or 2, it had all the feel of a hip-hop spot. The djs always laugh at around 2 because we call it the mass exodus. That's the point when all the non-hip-hop-heads start heading for the doors and all the hard cores come through just as quickly and go nuts -- it's a total transition.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to write the review and I'm happy you had fun even with the diverse crowd.

Respect,

DJ MasterWeb

Thanks for the kind words Ed. :) Yes the cover is a lil pricey I think. Locals pay $20 on the weekends. There is no VIP area really, every room is the same. They just call it VIP but there is nothing special to it. The ratio we get is usually half and half so it's a good place to not feel surrounded by dudes. You should have came down Saturday though Ed, could have introduced you to the Wayans Bros. Yes they came in....the Wayans Bros. I was shocked. First stars I've seen since being there. Anyways, glad you had a good time for the lil time you were there. :)

Ed -

great review! :D Luv detailed reviews like that :rock: ... gives a great flavor of the nights.

OPM - which room were you in? That red middle (house?) room definitely has really gorgeous decore (and the female bartender back in nov, new vegas transplant, was cool). Yeah the security is super cool. I remember one of the security, seeing I was getting my mac on with this chick from chicago, let us steal a table for free - now thats cool.

Drais - I remember my best time (absent watching my bud buy drinks for two lesbians we met there) was hitting on people in the line. Maybe cuz Im use to appreciating the scene in the line as much as in the club. (Yeah, DV is gonna read this and say - "well if you luv the line so much LALate, I'll just leave your ass in the line all night boy!" :laugh: jk :kiss2:

Finally - DUDE ... definitely the city was anxious to have you there, I was getting all these pms from peeps all weekend long - where is ed, where is ed, where is ed.... Definitely nice to see such a friendly and hospitable board :rock: x 1,000,0000. You folks rock.

:lol3: Now what kind of friend would I be if I did that..lol.

My favorite line "event" ever ...

Light.

Guy walks up to the bouncer in board shorts, tank, and flipflops. Says, can I get in?

I wanted to say to him - "You could if you brought some nice sand to the sea."

</badvaudevillejoke>

• 2 weeks later...

This is my first post... and I have to say that this forum is great. I just got stationed up at Nellis in September and this forum has really helped me out... thanks BillLe and everyone else. Thought it was time to give my 2 cents.

I'll start off by saying that I have never had a bad time at BE or Foundation Room. 2 great places. The music, the enviroment, the girls.... esp the girls.... amazing nights.

Let's start with the Foundation Room... def. a place you have to go if you're visiting Vegas. Just the view itself is unforgettable. Whenever your not feeling the music they're playing... you can always just go to a different room. No negatives.

BE.............is also great. Always beautiful women. Prob. b/c that's the only ppl let in after a certain time. If you get there late and there's already a line, you'll either have to be a group of hot girls, or be a guy with a group of really hot girls. Unless you tip the host or know BillLe. I'll agreed with someone else... the music is different... but real good. Love the mixes, but not feeling the 4 am, time for everyone to bounce music.

Pure......... This is another place that if you get there late... you'll never get in or you have to hook up the host. So don't waste your time. I really like this place. Good music and sick environment. A few things I don't like... expensive drinks with not much alcohol. This club is the worst i've seen dealing w/ that. I always tend to hit up the bar by the Sports Book right outside. Also... dance floor is real small, always packed. The outside bar is sick... Went a few weekends ago when is was warm... everyone was having a good time... plus saw some NFL Chargers Players chillin in the VIP cabanas. A Place you have to see.

Studio 54.... when i firsted moved out here... I loved 54. But not so much anymore. It's been losing it's crowd on 2 big nights (Tues and Sat.) to Pure. I got to Pure late on a Sat. night so I wound up at 54... crowd was lousy and the music was poor.

I got a few questions of you guys.....

Curve... went there a few times... have never seen a good crowd. Has anyone seen that place bumpin?

I have a bunch of friends coming out for my birthday next weekend. I want to go to BE but I heard Motley Crue was playing. Don't know if that's true or not. If that is true... where else is bumpin on Sunday's. Also... can you fill me in some more about Rehab.... what are good days to go? Is it just a good place to chill by the pool and get drunk?

Next thing i'd like to discuss is Wednesday Night. Like 54, I used to have a really good time at Tangerine, but not so much anymore. I've been there a few times since New Years and it's always been a sausage fest. I went there one night at 11 and there was no crowd. Finally ended up leaving at 1230 and when i walked out the line was huge. But out of the approx. 30-40 ppl on line... there was literally 2 girls. So I'm trying to decide where to bring my friends on Wednesday Night.... has anyone been to VIVID for Wed?

I have about 10 friends coming out... and was wondering if anyone could hook me up w/ guestlists. That would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.... and once again... love the forum.

Paul

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.abnormallab.com/djSaintJimioAsLordOfDaLoop1of4.wma

http://www.abnormallab.com/djsaintjimioaslordofdaloop1of4.ram

http://www.abnormallab.com/djSaintJimioAsLordOfDaLoop1of4.mp3

of Guns & Roses - Jimi Hendrix - Nirvana - Freddy Fs Republica - Led Zeppelin - New Order Alan Braxe - Loose Cannons - Journey - dj Dynamixx Rollin Stones - dj Sandy - DMX - Vigi - 50-Cent X-Men - LL Cool J - Lil Jon and Eastside Boyz - Dazz Band - Nina Skye - Ciara - Soul Sonic Force - Sarai - LA Dream Team - dj Icey Agent K n Deuce - Snoop Doggy Dogg - Beyonce - DeeKline and Wizard - Slyde - Shapeshifters - Eric Prydz The Bucketheads - Paul Johnson - dj Fixx - Art of Noise - Madonna - Joy Division - Gary Numan and Africa Bambataa - Peter Murphy - Thomas Dolby - Book of Love - Dr. Dee - The Killers - dj Saint Jimio...

Like what you heard? www.abnormallab.com for more mixes and fun dj info. Do you know anyone planning a party? Please fwd these links. Thanks for sharing your quality listening time. E-mail your requests & get in da mix. Take care, love somebody and stir it up - dj Saint Jimio

Bio below:

Started professionally Disc Jockeying at 14 in Honolulu at a mad dentist's office; a converted waiting room which was an exact replica of the disco in Saturday Night Fever. At 18, spun at the top spots on the main beach strip of Waikiki: Spats, Rex's and The Wave, while giving dance lessons and attending college. At 21, moved to the hottest clubs in San Francisco DNA, DV8, Kennel Club etc., at 24, partners with "d'mayor's son" and throws some of the SF Bay Area's most progressive private parties on the piers of San Francisco, A.K.A. Peer Parties, attracting and inspiring now famed scene shakers, SF to LA's DJ Doc Martin, Dave Dean of Giant, Martel of Release. At 28, relocated to Los Angeles, studies 3D animation and compositing and editing for film and web. Start a graphic design firm and a mobile dj sales & service. However motorcycles, martial arts and surfing was hardly enough so the "Saint" in Jimio’s back and hitting the Sunset Strip with exculsive jock mixes and remixes of tracks by No Doubt, Ozzy Osbourne, Barry White, Daft Punk and many more. Heard on west coast top 40, alternative rock, college, Groove and many other web radio stations and web sites. Dropping house, trance and pop on top of ol' school, electro, underground hip hop, like never before, as if it was meant to be. 80% of the time; two songs are playing simultaneously, singing to each other as in a duet, so every joint is a live remix. Consider yourself warned: Once you've heard it, you're converted.

http://www.abnormallab.com/historyofhouse.wma

http://www.abnormallab.com/djSaintJimioAsLordOfDaLoop1of4.wma

http://www.abnormallab.com/djsaintjimioaslordofdaloop1of4.ram

http://www.abnormallab.com/djSaintJimioAsLordOfDaLoop1of4.mp3

of Guns & Roses - Jimi Hendrix - Nirvana - Freddy Fs Republica - Led Zeppelin - New Order Alan Braxe - Loose Cannons - Journey - dj Dynamixx Rollin Stones - dj Sandy - DMX - Vigi - 50-Cent X-Men - LL Cool J - Lil Jon and Eastside Boyz - Dazz Band - Nina Skye - Ciara - Soul Sonic Force - Sarai - LA Dream Team - dj Icey Agent K n Deuce - Snoop Doggy Dogg - Beyonce - DeeKline and Wizard - Slyde - Shapeshifters - Eric Prydz The Bucketheads - Paul Johnson - dj Fixx - Art of Noise - Madonna - Joy Division - Gary Numan and Africa Bambataa - Peter Murphy - Thomas Dolby - Book of Love - Dr. Dee - The Killers - dj Saint Jimio...

Like what you heard? www.abnormallab.com for more mixes and fun dj info. Do you know anyone planning a party? Please fwd these links. Thanks for sharing your quality listening time. E-mail your requests & get in da mix. Take care, love somebody and stir it up - dj Saint Jimio

Bio below:

Started professionally Disc Jockeying at 14 in Honolulu at a mad dentist's office; a converted waiting room which was an exact replica of the disco in Saturday Night Fever. At 18, spun at the top spots on the main beach strip of Waikiki: Spats, Rex's and The Wave, while giving dance lessons and attending college. At 21, moved to the hottest clubs in San Francisco DNA, DV8, Kennel Club etc., at 24, partners with "d'mayor's son" and throws some of the SF Bay Area's most progressive private parties on the piers of San Francisco, A.K.A. Peer Parties, attracting and inspiring now famed scene shakers, SF to LA's DJ Doc Martin, Dave Dean of Giant, Martel of Release. At 28, relocated to Los Angeles, studies 3D animation and compositing and editing for film and web. Start a graphic design firm and a mobile dj sales & service. However motorcycles, martial arts and surfing was hardly enough so the "Saint" in Jimio’s back and hitting the Sunset Strip with exculsive jock mixes and remixes of tracks by No Doubt, Ozzy Osbourne, Barry White, Daft Punk and many more. Heard on west coast top 40, alternative rock, college, Groove and many other web radio stations and web sites. Dropping house, trance and pop on top of ol' school, electro, underground hip hop, like never before, as if it was meant to be. 80% of the time; two songs are playing simultaneously, singing to each other as in a duet, so every joint is a live remix. Consider yourself warned: Once you've heard it, you're converted.

http://www.abnormallab.com/historyofhouse.wma

:otopic::jacked:

• 1 month later...