Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Whats everybodys problem w/ hip hop

Guest craigmatic

Guest craigmatic

Hey, whats up everybody. i'm new to this site but def. not new to the club scene. anyway i was just wonderin why it is everybody hates on hip hop so much here. i mean i love a club w/ 2 floors that has a hip hop/ reggae type room and a dance music room, but if i cant have that i'm choosin hip hop all the way. the music as a whole has good beats that u can really dance to. not tryin to start no beef, just wonderin. i kno the techno heads r gunna be pissed, but o well....

well, hiphop is really good for the whole grinding scene and whatnot. I enjoy and spin hiphop/reggae myself, but everything that is put out these days is garbbage. I dont like this whole comemrcial scene of hiphop where everything has to be about 24 inch rims, the south, and getting CRUNKED UP.

As for techno, im not a fan of. But i am a fan of Trance, goa psy trance, prog, trance, and hard trance. Vocals and house r cheesey and too tacky for me. Many clubs now a days dont play good electronic music. They stick to the vocals and house for all the girls. As for why i love trance, its cuz u can easily get into it. The music speaks for itself and can hype u up like crazy without makign you think your black....lol just playin. But seriously, if u never really listed to good trance, go listen to some and ull know why.

Guest craigmatic

i hear ya, i def. agree with the fact that most rap out now a days sucks, but i still love it tho. its weird tho, cuz songs that i hate hearin on the radio or wherever, can all the sudden turn into the jam once it comes on at the club. i guess the problem is theres just too much staight up club songs in rap today.

and how exactly would u describe trance, i'm sure ive heard of it just never heard the actual word trance

Well I used to be a fan of hip hop back when the artists were more creative and their songs actually had some meaning to them. Today, most hip hop has a very generic sound and is all about money, hoes, rims, Cristal, and other meaningless garbage.

I started feeling like hip-hop was really taking a turn for the worse during the late nineties, and that was the same time that I began to get into electronic music and never looked back. I still like some older guys like KRS-1, Cypress Hill, Public Enemy, Beastie Boys, Mc Eiht, Wu-Tang, Gang Starr, Ice Cube, etc., but I don't listen to any of the newer hip-hop artists of today. IMO, none of them have the talent/creativity that some of the older guys did.

When I'm at a club, you'll always find me whereever there's house music playing. I love the vibe and I love the energy. I don't feel that same vibe in a hip-hop environment.

Hey, whats up everybody. i'm new to this site but def. not new to the club scene. anyway i was just wonderin why it is everybody hates on hip hop so much here. i mean i love a club w/ 2 floors that has a hip hop/ reggae type room and a dance music room, but if i cant have that i'm choosin hip hop all the way. the music as a whole has good beats that u can really dance to. not tryin to start no beef, just wonderin. i kno the techno heads r gunna be pissed, but o well....

shut up newbie!!!!

all bad jokes aside.. i love hiphop.. i like it.. i like it a lot... i think having a choice between a hiphop room and a house room is a great idea... i mean i love house... ive been spinning it for about 4 years now and id rather listen to house/trance over rap any day of the week... BUT... i love dancing with girls... and it seems more girls dance to hiphop.... so... ?? :love:

I pretty much agree with everything that's been said. The only thing I'd add EDM attracts a certain type of crowd. Hip Hop attracts a different type of crowd. (Not better or worse) For the most part, I don't think those two crowds mix too well in one club.

.... EDM attracts a certain type of crowd. Hip Hop attracts a different type of crowd. (Not better or worse) For the most part, I don't think those two crowds mix too well in one club.

What he said....

people like different things and sometimes it is really hard to accommodate diverse groups

lol your right alot of girls like hiphop and like the newbie said they love grinding and rubbing thier ass on your crotch. lol

i like both hip hop/reggae and techno. the rave scene is much better then club scene sometimes

shut up newbie!!!!

all bad jokes aside.. i love hiphop.. i like it.. i like it a lot... i think having a choice between a hiphop room and a house room is a great idea... i mean i love house... ive been spinning it for about 4 years now and id rather listen to house/trance over rap any day of the week... BUT... i love dancing with girls... and it seems more girls dance to hiphop.... so... ?? :love:

i like hip hop from 1978 till about 1995. No really anything worth listening to nowadays imo. It like some people said b4 there was more creativity back in da day then it is now. Basically it was more fun not its all attitude. A TRIBE CALLED QUEST what a group. Sadly nothing like them around anymore. "WHO GOT THE JAZZ" "CAN I KICK IT" "I LEFT MY WALLET IN EL SEGUNDO", "CHECK THE RHYME" "BONITA APPELBAUM" "SCENARIO" awesome HIP HOP in those tracks. Now please its BORING.

And dont confuse VOCALS as being bad thing in HOUSE. If you know about deephouse soulful stuff than you know what i mean. Also since we kinda are on the topic,i prefer OLD SCHOOL R&B from like lae 70s and earl to mid 80s over stuff out now. The old school r*b is actual danceable and was considered DANCE MUSIC in its time. Unlike now its all slow love ballads.

i like hip hop from 1978 till about 1995. No really anything worth listening to nowadays imo. It like some people said b4 there was more creativity back in da day then it is now. Basically it was more fun not its all attitude. A TRIBE CALLED QUEST what a group. Sadly nothing like them around anymore. "WHO GOT THE JAZZ" "CAN I KICK IT" "I LEFT MY WALLET IN EL SEGUNDO", "CHECK THE RHYME" "BONITA APPELBAUM" "SCENARIO" awesome HIP HOP in those tracks. Now please its BORING.

And dont confuse VOCALS as being bad thing in HOUSE. If you know about deephouse soulful stuff than you know what i mean. Also since we kinda are on the topic,i prefer OLD SCHOOL R&B from like lae 70s and earl to mid 80s over stuff out now. The old school r*b is actual danceable and was considered DANCE MUSIC in its time. Unlike now its all slow love ballads.

oh wow i somewhat agree... atcq is definitely an ill group.. but i like the rap that is being produced today... not so much for the vocals but the beats... you cant tell m the following beats aren't hot even if you dont agree with the vocals or if the song is played out...

beyonce "crazy in love"

joe buddens "pump it up"

petey pablo "freek-a-leek" (that beat is fucking evil)

outkast "bombs over baghdad"

Usher "yeah" (yeah the song is played but the beat is definitely a banger)

a bunch of tracks off the black album

my point is while the rappers of today may be garbage as people and have shitty vocals... the beats are still hot and nice to dance to.. or better yet.. have some nice young chick grind her beautiful young ass (hopefully covered by a short skirt) against your crotch.. (in the words of rootshell)

I agree with gabe 100%! I love tribe! Damn you bringin my youth back fast dude! Seriously though where's the balance today with the music. A little consciousness doesn't hurt from time to time on the dance floor. Yeah kanye west and his jesus song is conscious but there really isn't a big movement in the commercial hiphop scene of this nature. I remember listening to chuck chill out and hearing people like scarface and Ice cube. Remember jackin' for beats? Shit I think I will shut my mouth now don't wanna offend the hiphop fans of today but listen to some oldschool so you can hear the purity in the music. Peace.

All music is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! Its just there are certain artists out there that aren't great , so don't give up on a particular genre. There is so many good urban hip-hop artists out there. Mos Def,Talib Kweli,Common,Kanye West,Pharoah Monche......they're not about killing and all that other garbage......check these guys out they got some serious talent,they're poets in a hip-hop form. I personally love house just as much (but I need to change sh*t up depending on my mood)

GIVE EVERYTHING A CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hip-Hop that's on MTV and BET is POP now,so don't just judge on what's getting played on there.

Hip Hop is DEF. not what it used to be. There's a few scattered artists who still keep it real, but you can't rely on beats alone.

I don't mind there being a hip hop room as well as a techno room. That's cool. Just play some old skool hip hop and not all the garbage that's on today :aright:

"you cant tell m the following beats aren't hot even if you dont agree with the vocals or if the song is played out..."

beyonce "crazy in love"

joe buddens "pump it up"

petey pablo "freek-a-leek" (that beat is fucking evil)

outkast "bombs over baghdad"

Usher "yeah" (yeah the song is played but the beat is definitely a banger)

a bunch of tracks off the black album

These tracks aren't "hot" and the songs are all played ouyt and make we want to vomit. They sound just like every other piece of MTV crap that comes out these days.

my point is while the rappers of today may be garbage as people and have shitty vocals... the beats are still hot and nice to dance to.. or better yet.. have some nice young chick grind her beautiful young ass (hopefully covered by a short skirt) against your crotch.. (in the words of rootshell)[/quote

Yeah its great to hear a "new" song come out every 5 years with the same beat that was sampled exactly the same way over and over again.

:ghey:

my point is while the rappers of today may be garbage as people and have shitty vocals... the beats are still hot and nice to dance to.. or better yet.. have some nice young chick grind her beautiful young ass (hopefully covered by a short skirt) against your crotch.. (in the words of rootshell)

most girls do have short skirts anyways. as long as thier happy i'm happy lol

ok .. well . i love hip hop .. techno .. house and transe .. sometimes .. even some reggae

hip hop .. especially old school . is base for lots of break dance .. some ppl dont know that ..

also .. if u ask me .. as a dancer .. if u can dance hip hop . u can dance lots of other styles .. coz it is not that easy to dance slowly and still look good .. (forget rubbing and that shit .. that is for the horny people and not for the dancers .. hehe)

i think as for vedios .. i agree that lots of modern hip hop is too commercial and includes lots of scences tht contains violence, sex and drugs .. but then again . this is only vedios .. (i am not defending them) .. and that is what entertainment in general does .. (i.e. sex and excitement sell .. kina thing)

i personally like techno, house and transe for the adernaline rush that they cause in my body .. and that makes me move real fast .. something i need definetly after my stressful work life .. hehe

on the other hand . when i feel sexy .. or wana chill .. hip hop makes lots of sense ..

as for artists .. i think both old and new artists are talented .. the difference is that many old artists were not as arrogant as new ones .. for example .. Mariah Cary describing her fans as "animals" .. (horrible dont u think) ..

and many old artists were there for the love of music .. and fans .. while new ones are in it for the money (not that old ones did not need money) ..

anyway . that is my 2cents

peace

the MASK

well since you asked? i fucked up my ankle tendon last thursday. SO i cant really do anythign but stayhome and lace it up with ice. And since i cant do anything i might as well waste time online. Walking was a bitch until a few mins ago when i went to pick up a todd terry cd in th mail. Im limping but at least i can walk. And honestly these messageboards that im involved in are kinda addicting.

well, hiphop is really good for the whole grinding scene and whatnot. I enjoy and spin hiphop/reggae myself, but everything that is put out these days is garbbage. I dont like this whole comemrcial scene of hiphop where everything has to be about 24 inch rims, the south, and getting CRUNKED UP.
that sums it up right there. hip hop sux today...mainstream hip hop at least. theres still some good stuff out there...but not the shit ur gonna see on TRL or even Direct effect or some shit. more underground stuff like RJD2.

even eminem puts out good stuff, and i think kanye's beats are good, even if he's not the greatest mc

i think there needs to be a distinction between between hip hop that you listen to in a club, and hip hop that you would listen to at home or in your car for example. if im at a club i just wanna hear a song with a banging beat that's gonna get the crowd pumped, i could care less if the guy is rapping above saving the whales and feeding little kids or skeet skeeting all over some girl.

so i think to analyze club hip hop records on their lyrical value is a moot point. if you flip it and look at the stuff that i would listen to at home, say stuff from mos def or talib or someting like that, most likely those records would not do so well in a club setting (not to say that a good record lyrically can't have club appeal).