Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Ibiza

groovefire

I've never been, but literally already planning with a big group to go next year, getting an early jump on a dope villa.

When is the best time to go? Opening parties? Closing parties? Does it even matter? Any guidance is appreciated, thanks. :)

I did some research and I know August is the busiest time. I was going to go when the BBC was in town throwing their annual party (early Aug). There is a party calendar at this web site.

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/night/club_dates_i.htm

Hi Ibiza queen here! ;)

Closing parties traditionally the best, best parties, people there for the music etc.

Opening parties good, but not enough people there, but still good.

August esp. Radio one weekend is especially busy with brits! I've been this weekend, really packed but esp. good parties.

What else would you like to know? Ask specific questions.

I'm going for my honeymoon in September for closing parties, also hitting up Italy and Amsterdam. :)

Do the opening/closing parties always fall on a certain weekend? I mean, is there a way to know now when the 2005 closing parties will be?

No, but traditionally this is the way that you can count on things, We Love Sunday's at Space is the biggest party on the island, and it's opening day usually triggers the start of the summer months for Ibiza. It is traditionally around June 23rd, or the 3rd Sunday of the month. This is what kicks of Ibiza! But the opening parties are much more sparse then the closing ones, you can usually count on the closing parties being a little closer together. Usually the second to third week in September, but always the same month.

Thanks P. So our Labor Day weekend wouldn't be too late to go? Or is bookin for August safer? We're probably locking this trip down in the next couple months even though it's a year away.

Labor Day weekend, perfect time to go! And you will probably see me and Mike there too :) It's always a safe bet around that time, the weather not to hot just hot enough and not jammed at every club :love:

Trip will be with Karla, my bro, his wife, 2 other couples, Phil, Cisco and Sam. Probably a few other too, up to 15 peeps or so.

I'm planning to file a retraining order again Scav far in advance. Don't even think about it kid.

That would be a riot if he just appeared..."Hey funny seeing you here at Pacha" hahahahahaha

count me in for the planning then i will drop out at the last minute citing some weird sickness.

But I luff planning

no really if we could nail down some sort of price scale, so i could figure how many oxys i need to sell that weed kid on the substance board.

Everyone I know that went years ago always say to go for the opening parties

well, prplhz sure didn't take long to contradict your post but I guess we'll believe her since she claims to be the "Ibiza queen" :D

Hi Ibiza queen here!

Closing parties traditionally the best, best parties, people there for the music etc.

Opening parties good, but not enough people there, but still good.

well, prplhz sure didn't take long to contradict your post but I guess we'll believe her since she claims to be the "Ibiza queen" :D

Well considering I've been there twice and K hasn't been there at all, I would consider myself a little more knowledgable the them, no?

:huh:;)