Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best website for trance/house music downloads?

Hey everyone... I'm a trance/house music junkee and am always looking for the latest stuff. Since I dont spin vinyl, its tough to get the best music on cd. what are some good websites where I can either download the best live sets (besides tranceaddict), or pay to get some really good cds?? Thanks

:type:

Is that website safe?? All I know is that I downloaded a 2hr set from Gabriel and Dresden off of tranceaddict and I got all this sh*t on my computer. there were programs installing themselves on my computer....nasty

technonrgkid....that website looks great.... thanks a lot.

the problem is everything I buy at virgin records, or any good cd store, just doesnt have the tracks that I want to hear. At least with live sets I get some great music. I wish Satellite records or decadance records would put everything on vinyl available on mp3 or wav.

Hey everyone... I'm a trance/house music junkee and am always looking for the latest stuff. Since I dont spin vinyl, its tough to get the best music on cd. what are some good websites where I can either download the best live sets (besides tranceaddict), or pay to get some really good cds?? Thanks

:type:

http://www.slsknet.org soulseek is a european shareware program that everyone uses, just download the software and you're good to go!!!

I POSTED THIS ON ANOTHER THREAD

--------------------------------------------------

This is related too ALL sharware programs like Kazaa - Napster (the illegal one) and many more

just looking out for ya peeps

-------------------------------------------

A few ppl i know at TInel have been hired to specifically watch and keep track of IP addresses etc of persons on the net who download these programs

then continue to track them and report their usage to the RIAA and the FBI

related only to MP3 file sharing

i cant disclose the #'s they are looking at for quantity of files save / transfered etc but

be aware they are fully watching this, and the reports + arrests are still being made.

Only reason you arent hearing about them is because the Media doesnt see it as interesting anymore.

So tell me something

is getting free music worth the literal HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of $'s in fines?

sorry - not me - ill support the artists and continue to spend my$ on them

u can download programs like peerguardian to hide p2p's from seein your IP.

http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/14/3/14-3-55.shtml

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

PeerGuardian is a powerful yet petite firewall application especially designed for P2P users and anyone else who wants to protect his or her computer from unauthorized searches instigated by private agencies and corporations.

PeerGuardian works by blocking and logging all TCP/IP connections to and from known IP ranges used by known P2P foes, such as the RIAA, MPAA, MediaForce, MediaDefender, BaySTP, Ranger, OverPeer, NetPD, and more.

To make sure that the block-list used to block malicious connections is up to date; PeerGuardian uses an on-line block-list Database that is continuously updated on a daily basis -- so your privacy will remain safe while swapping files.

PeerGuardian is compatible with all TCP/IP based file sharing applications, such as Kazaa, iMesh, LimeWire, eMule, Grokster, DC++, Shareaza, and more. In short, PeerGuardian is the must have tool for any file swapper.

PeerGuardian is not advertising supported, nor does it require registration, and no information is collected from or about product users.

Also if you know what your doing, you can Spoof your IP address. It's all done on the datalink layer of the OSI Model on your computer before the packets/IP address reaches the physical layer/NIC and hits the network/ethernet line.

is getting free music worth the literal HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of $'s in fines?

sorry - not me - ill support the artists and continue to spend my$ on them

No jury would award the record companies hundreds of thousands of dollars for an end user pirate, nor are the terms of US copyright law that call for six figure fines applicable to an end user pirate. The RIAA knows that, so they settle the cases usually for around $2500. It is not profitable for them to sue, it is just a scare tactic.

yes you are absolutelt correct - it is a scare tactic - and i have been privy to sit in on discussions realted to this subject fortunatly.

But the # of $2500 is not caped. There are still instances / factors , they use to make this a higher denomination.

Its just a rediculous effort on their part i beive but until theres some loop-hole if you will that we as end users can use to our advantage, im still laying in wait.

And to note: You say the end user wouldnt be fined this much....i have to say, ur wrong, because it is the end use that is takking the bait,

it doesnt matter whom sets the files up online or where have you, because its the person downloading thats doing the taking.

Example:

police using undercover police posed as hookers.

We get in trouble for accepting the terms that hooker places

and the police dont get in trouble for "entrapment"

what a mess --- should be go back to swapping cassette tapes? LOL

And to note: You say the end user wouldnt be fined this much....i have to say, ur wrong, because it is the end use that is takking the bait,

it doesnt matter whom sets the files up online or where have you, because its the person downloading thats doing the taking.

Example:

police using undercover police posed as hookers.

We get in trouble for accepting the terms that hooker places

and the police dont get in trouble for "entrapment"

what a mess --- should be go back to swapping cassette tapes? LOL

I understand what you are saying, however I am talking about the letter of the law. Most poeple know copyright law from the FBI warnings on films that promise $250,000 fines, however the law is more complicated than that. The fines are compounded based on proven damages that the were sustained by the copyright violation, and then are multiplied by a set number to determine the penal fine. An end user would not be able to inflict sufficient "damages" to warrant a huge fine, the hundred thousand dollar fines would only be applicable by the law for gross violations, such as the distributer to all the pirated DVD merchants in chinatown. An end user could hypothetically compound fines of say $20,000 according to the law though, but again, that would be knocked down in court if the RIAA were to pursue that avenue (as long as the defendant had competent counsel).

Scary stuff I'm reading here--

Does anyone know if you erase the files immediately after burning the CD's, would this be the best bet? Or does big brother know I've done that too?

This is all new to me-- I've been downloading like a fiend lately-Now I am worried I am doing something wrong....

Scary stuff I'm reading here--

Does anyone know if you erase the files immediately after burning the CD's, would this be the best bet? Or does big brother know I've done that too?

This is all new to me-- I've been downloading like a fiend lately-Now I am worried I am doing something wrong....

That is irrelivent, they cannot search your non-p2p shared files unless they have a court order. What they do is search for files on a p2p network, and see who is sharing a ton. They then connect to his/her computer thus finding out their IP (internet protocol) number. Using this number, they can find out who is your ISP and get your name from them. Only then can they get an order to seize your computer and see what you have on the hard disk, but at that point it is already too late. You do not have much to be afraid of, the whole goal of the RIAA is to scare you away, I would say that the chances of getting busted is akin to winning the lotto. They operate like terrorists.