Clubplanet Nightlife Community

John Digweed @ Crobar, Fri 8/27

I heard an interview with Erick Morillo the other week, and he said he has switched to using cds as he was sick of his vinyl getting lost on it's way through airports.

He said that because it is his livelihood at the end of the day, it is safer to take cds with him which he can recopy rather than having to keep replacing his vinyl. Plus also with the new technology he can do stuff that he can't do with just records.

Makes sense to me, and when you're in a club dancing your ass off, do you really give a shit as long as the music is good???

When you're out there on the dance floor, sweating, breathing hard, lost in the music....and you don't see anything or ANYONE except the MUSIC itself, .......does it matter WHAT they're using to spin?

ivette:-)

How did this Digweed thread become the CD vs vinyl thread??

I love vinyl to death, but it's a pain in the ass to lug around, and is a bit fragile. You get a much better bass and fuller sound using vinyl, it just has more mojo!

Here is my 2 cents on the DJ using CD's debate... All major DJ's are using CD's now, because they have to. A lot of the newest tracks are not coming out on vinyl right away. The bottom line is if you want to play new tracks you need to play CD's. This is noting new, CD players have been comoon place in the DJ booth for years... and so has the prediction that vinyl will be gone in a few years...WRONG! It may take a hit from the MP3\CD\laptop market, but vinyl will always be around.

:)

How did this Digweed thread become the CD vs vinyl thread??

I love vinyl to death, but it's a pain in the ass to lug around, and is a bit fragile. You get a much better bass and fuller sound using vinyl, it just has more mojo!

Here is my 2 cents on the DJ using CD's debate... All major DJ's are using CD's now, because they have to. A lot of the newest tracks are not coming out on vinyl right away. The bottom line is if you want to play new tracks you need to play CD's. This is noting new, CD players have been comoon place in the DJ booth for years... and so has the prediction that vinyl will be gone in a few years...WRONG! It may take a hit from the MP3\CD\laptop market, but vinyl will always be around.

:)

ill be on another message board talking about peanut butter n jelly, then it turns into a whole cd/vinyle thing

guys .. i used to go to japanese parties .. house/techno/transe ones .. and i was surprised when i saw their DJs using MAC computers .. some S/W and some equipment to mix and to dj ..

and lemme tell u .. if i did not see the computers .. i wouldn't have known the difference .. i mean they were spinning some crazy music man

i also heard that sasha was going that way too (can anyone confirm that ????)

i mean .. if technology make your life easier .. why not use it .. especially if u can still produce some good shit music ..

that is just my opinion

peace

the MASK

ha ha ha... don't be rippin on the mac baby.... in Los Angeles, at Avalon, formerly the Palace... they use Powerbooks a lot. PVD had em... And just recently when the Grammy's released a new category for dance, they had a special tuesday party with Oakenfold, Junkie XL, BT, Zabiela, and Crystal Method... and they had at least 3 powerbooks up front...

(mac lover)

ha ha ha... don't be rippin on the mac baby.... in Los Angeles, at Avalon, formerly the Palace... they use Powerbooks a lot. PVD had em... And just recently when the Grammy's released a new category for dance, they had a special tuesday party with Oakenfold, Junkie XL, BT, Zabiela, and Crystal Method... and they had at least 3 powerbooks up front...

(mac lover)

oh no dude .. u got me wrong .. MAC kick ass no doubt when it comes to multi-media and stuff .. r u kidding me ..

peace and love to the mac .. :)

oh no dude .. u got me wrong .. MAC kick ass no doubt when it comes to multi-media and stuff .. r u kidding me ..

peace and love to the mac .. :)

i know you weren't... just givin love to the mac!

its all good... its all about the music anyway!

:bowdown:

i know you weren't... just givin love to the mac!

its all good... its all about the music anyway!

:bowdown:

oh ya .. mac kicks ass .. and i love it .. believe it or not .. i did a marketing research paper on mac back in 1991 .. and one of my findings were that apple computer company should open up to clone the machine .. as well as .. drop prices to gain popularity .. well i got an A in the paper .. my professor asked me to send it to steve jobs .but i did not (was lazy) and here we are many years after .. and u see the prob with apple co. .. they controlled the market fr quite a bit of time . but their prices were high .. in the same time . they did not allow anyone to clone them .. and so they were limited ..

i still love the mac tho . they have beautiful user friendly machines .. kick ass interfaces .. many gadgets and menues .. and very pretty designs .. as well as top of the line handling to music, graphics .. etc.

peace

the MASK

I've never been to Crobar before... and I'm thinking of going to the Digweed show...

During a show like the upcoming Digweed show will there be other DJ's playing in any other rooms?

Are there any rooms to just relax in between dancing? ie chillout rooms?

What's the general price of alcoholic drinks or bottles of water?

About what time would Digweed start spinning?

Is the crowd pretty mixed? are the people generally pretty friendly? or is there typically a lot of attitude?

thanks for any answers! hope to see you all there!

--J

I've never been to Crobar before... and I'm thinking of going to the Digweed show...

During a show like the upcoming Digweed show will there be other DJ's playing in any other rooms?

Are there any rooms to just relax in between dancing? ie chillout rooms?

What's the general price of alcoholic drinks or bottles of water?

About what time would Digweed start spinning?

Is the crowd pretty mixed? are the people generally pretty friendly? or is there typically a lot of attitude?

thanks for any answers! hope to see you all there!

--J

Usually when Digweed is spinning in the main room, no one else will be playing in the other smaller rooms. Sometime they have other DJ's early on though. There is no place to "chill" in Crobar! Unless you consider table service a place to chill. Drinks are $$$, $8-10, water is $5 (I think)... Digweed will start at about 1am, and play till 6am. The crowd is a little mixed with some attitude, usually a pretty good vibe.

See ya there!