Clubplanet Nightlife Community

John Digweed @ Crobar, Fri 8/27

crobar-0827.jpg

Friday, August 27

Main Room: John Digweed (Desyn Masiello opening)

Originally hailing from England, John Digweed has cemented his name in the pages of dance music history. Highlights from his groundbreaking list of achievements include his partnership with Sasha, and being the first British DJs to hold a residency at Twilo. He continues to DJ around the world, remix and produce music on his label, Bedrock and run a weekly radio show on KISS-100 FM in the UK.

Desyn Masiello is now synonymous with cutting edge dance music from all corners of the world. His style incorporates house classics, deep, tech, funky and progressive while taking musical inspiration from acid house, funk, soul, disco, rock, Indie, Brazilian, carnival, reggae, and dub. Masiello has already caught the ear of some of the worlds most famous DJs - Deep Dish, Sander K and Danny Howells nominating him as their ‘future DJ Hero’ in DJ Magazine's Top 100 poll.

Click below for $30 advanced tickets:

http://www.wantickets.com/crobar/newyork/affiliate_event_detail.asp?e_id=8717&id=63

digweed only spins cds. no vinyl at all. saw him at cavo paradiso in mykonos last week. the party had no vibe at all. digweeds past his prime. PLAY SOME VINYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad:

THATS NOT TRUE,!!!!!!!!!!!! he uses both, he def used VINYL last time he was in ny :mad:

see,that is the problem now. dj's just dont want to spin vinyl. cd's,final scratch,laptops,etc. yes,it is easier,but all the soul is in vinyl. also went to see deep dish at mykonos,ALL CD'S. What a joke! robots i tell you,robots. Vinyl is the way to go.....

guys .. i used to go to japanese parties .. house/techno/transe ones .. and i was surprised when i saw their DJs using MAC computers .. some S/W and some equipment to mix and to dj ..

and lemme tell u .. if i did not see the computers .. i wouldn't have known the difference .. i mean they were spinning some crazy music man

i also heard that sasha was going that way too (can anyone confirm that ????)

i mean .. if technology make your life easier .. why not use it .. especially if u can still produce some good shit music ..

that is just my opinion

peace

the MASK

I heard an interview with Erick Morillo the other week, and he said he has switched to using cds as he was sick of his vinyl getting lost on it's way through airports.

He said that because it is his livelihood at the end of the day, it is safer to take cds with him which he can recopy rather than having to keep replacing his vinyl. Plus also with the new technology he can do stuff that he can't do with just records.

Makes sense to me, and when you're in a club dancing your ass off, do you really give a shit as long as the music is good???

crobar-0827.jpg

Friday, August 27

Main Room: John Digweed (Desyn Masiello opening)

Originally hailing from England, John Digweed has cemented his name in the pages of dance music history. Highlights from his groundbreaking list of achievements include his partnership with Sasha, and being the first British DJs to hold a residency at Twilo. He continues to DJ around the world, remix and produce music on his label, Bedrock and run a weekly radio show on KISS-100 FM in the UK.

Desyn Masiello is now synonymous with cutting edge dance music from all corners of the world. His style incorporates house classics, deep, tech, funky and progressive while taking musical inspiration from acid house, funk, soul, disco, rock, Indie, Brazilian, carnival, reggae, and dub. Masiello has already caught the ear of some of the worlds most famous DJs - Deep Dish, Sander K and Danny Howells nominating him as their ‘future DJ Hero’ in DJ Magazine's Top 100 poll.

Stay tuned for Clubplanet guestlist details.

yay I guess it's time for me to try something different :bounce:

I'll be there...Sasha at Crobar was awesome... looking forward to seeing how he compares to Sasha this time too.

:what: I'm going to speculate that Digweed will spin more house and provide an overall better set. Yeah, thats definately how its going to happen. :aright: See ya on the dancefloor

of course digweed is gonna spin house HE AINT SAHSA(THANK GOD) its gonna be a good time musically. And to me i love seeing djs with VINYL and cds. NOT ROBOTS. Theres no skill involve if you preprogram your sets. Might as well have an IPOD playing for you guys SINCE YA DONT CARE.

hmmm... CD vs Vinyl?

It's the same debate from over a decade ago when people debated Drum Machines vs Drum Sets, or Digital Recordings vs Analog Recordings, or how about Sampling or Live Instruments?

Personally, I believe that digital reproduction and playback has technically evolved to the point where it doesn't really matter anymore.

Shit, i have a degree in recording engineering, and although I LOVE VINYL, technology makes life easier and at the end of the day, even if i have a preprogrammed set - i still had to learn my tools and create the concepts let alone one must have the vision to execute along with great song selection...

it's not like you walk up to a computer and go, "Hey. I would like a 2hr 32min set of todays best music, mixed and arranged dramatically correct - oh, and please do not forget to make sure it is all musically correct as well." and then all of a sudden the digital DJ gets a CD created by some computer which he goes and drops into the player at the club...

and besides, if you were a DJ, would you wanna carry at least one crate of records (50lbs) from the airport, into a club and back again? If you were a DJ, wouldn't you like the option of burning your latest remix to test out on the crowd?

How about this, if you were on the dance floor - would you love to hear your favorite DJs new mixes - before the mainstream industry had the opportunity to influence the final mixes?

hmmmmm.... this debate is as old as dirt... i guess it is really more about people letting go of emotion baggage and memories as to allow oneself to try something new and focus on be creative with new technologies instead of clinging onto the past, but hey - some peolpe still prefer rotorary phones instead of touch-tone, right?

of course digweed is gonna spin house HE AINT SAHSA(THANK GOD) its gonna be a good time musically. And to me i love seeing djs with VINYL and cds. NOT ROBOTS. Theres no skill involve if you preprogram your sets. Might as well have an IPOD playing for you guys SINCE YA DONT CARE.

Once again the bull comes out with his ignorant self. Sasha uses a program called Ableton Live. It is live dj software that allows you to loop and create virtual songs on the fly. If you want to measure skill, ask any DJ to try and create a set using Ableton Live and 9/10 would fail miserably.

If you still don't get it, you still have to mix the songs. You still have to do song selection. You still have to decide how to read the crowd and figure out what to play next or what efx to loop. What's the difference if he uses a mixer that doubles as a midi controller rather than a mixer that is an analog controller? The difference is that the # of combinations that can be produced. For the creative, the door just opened to new heights.

i predict that within 5-10 yrs all major dj's worldwide will use cds instead of vinyl. theres sooo many pluses and very lil negatives(maybe u feel like cheating cus its easier with cd?) with using cd vs vinyl. people should learn to adapt and change and grow musically, and everything else in life.

im an artist that studied art in college and did everything traditionally until like the third year when i started fooling around with some paint programs. now, almost all of the the artwork i create professionally is on the computer. its through technological changes that makes us better artists whether in art or music... VINYLS, CD'S ARE JUST TOOLS that the artist has at his disposal to create art, music, whatever... just dont hate on cd's, youll just end up being a sucka that got left behind.. haha no offense :)