Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Question re: Crobar

Hi everyone:

I am new to the Board and I have a question.

I went to Crobar for the first time last Saturday with my friends. I liked the looks of the club but it was also very disappointing expereince evven thoiugh Boris's spinning was HOT.

1. It was hotter than hell in there. I don't hink the AC was working there. Everyone was sweating and stinking. The liquid nitrogen every hour was not going to cut it. To make things worse, when my male friends wanted to take off their shirts because it was too hot, the bouncers ordered them to put their shirts back on immediately. What's up? We all left for Spirit at 3:30 a.m. because we could not stand the heat there.

2. There's no place to sit down in that club unless you are in VIP. Am I wrong? Some guy wanted to take me to the VIP section and buy me drinks and I considered it just to sit down but that's not right. There should be places for everybody to sit.

Like I said, the music was hot but me and my friends won't go back there if the above is the norm there.

Hi everyone:

I went to Crobar for the first time last Saturday with my friends. I liked the looks of the club but it was also very disappointing expereince evven thoiugh Boris's spinning was HOT.

1. It was hotter than hell in there. I don't hink the AC was working there. Everyone was sweating and stinking. The liquid nitrogen every hour was not going to cut it. To make things worse, when my male friends wanted to take off their shirts because it was too hot, the bouncers ordered them to put their shirts back on immediately. What's up? We all left for Spirit at 3:30 a.m. because we could not stand the heat there.

2. There's no place to sit down in that club unless you are in VIP. Am I wrong? Some guy wanted to take me to the VIP section and buy me drinks and I considered it just to sit down but that's not right. There should be places for everybody to sit.

Like I said, the music was hot but me and my friends won't go back there if the above is the norm there.

its different at times ..if boris brings in 2000 and bar business is hurting the a/c gets turned way down ...if someone draws 3000 people and the bar is packed you will freeze to death in that club ...also there is no vip when sander k, and zabiella spin you can sit anywhere... so its does vary

not only should they have been told immediatly to put their shirts back on, then should have been bitch slapped and kicked the hell over to spirit with the other shirtless retards.

it's a club, not the beach. dress the part........

as far as the a/c, what jamezzzzz said.

i thought they had little side rooms that were kinda loungey where you could take a seat w/o vip svc.

for sander and the others, that was fri. it's a much more relaxed atomsphere. sat is supposed to be more upscale.

There are dozens of chairs at bars and lounges for you to enjoy food, drinks, have a normal 100% audible conversation with your mate and even watch a Yankee Game.

-Crobar is a DANCE CLUB Environment where you go to dance, drink and then go HOME.

There are several Dressing & Fitting Rooms in Gap, Eddie Bauer and Banana Republic for you or your friend to change your clothes or even TAKE IT OFF.

-Crobar is not Jones Beach, Hamptons or even the Jersey Shore to walk around Shirt less.

Spirit has some couches right before you enter the Big Dance Floor and IKON does have several SOFAS for you to relax or even FEEL your legs when your mind think you HAVE NONE. Why is that?

your reply.

Umm...the Reed room? There's lots of spots to sit in there. And I've seen people sittin on the speaker boxes and on the stairs leading up to the VIP. Plus, it depends on who's spinning that night too. When Sasha was there...the entire club was open for roaming around. I think the VIP was closed for Roger Sanchez though.

There are dozens of chairs at bars and lounges for you to enjoy food, drinks, have a normal 100% audible conversation with your mate and even watch a Yankee Game.

-Crobar is a DANCE CLUB Environment where you go to dance, drink and then go HOME.

There are several Dressing & Fitting Rooms in Gap, Eddie Bauer and Banana Republic for you or your friend to change your clothes or even TAKE IT OFF.

-Crobar is not Jones Beach, Hamptons or even the Jersey Shore to walk around Shirt less.

Spirit has some couches right before you enter the Big Dance Floor and IKON does have several SOFAS for you to relax or even FEEL your legs when your mind think you HAVE NONE. Why is that?

your reply.

Uh what? I'm very confused by your question. Does anybody understand?

Hi everyone:

dont be disappointed my friend .. many many clubs in nyc don't have enough seats around .. with the exception of may be ikon/exit .. and some places in webster hall ... but most good clubs .. including avalon, spirit, and crobar don't have enough seating

as for no shirts policy .. i dont think the bouncers were too strict .. i mean lots of people and girls dont like to see many half-naked guys .. u know what i mean .. so sorry for your friends but this is not such a bad rule ..

and the A/C .. i am surprised .. coz when we went there for Roger Sanchez .. the A/C was great .. so i am guessing that they must have turned it down or something .. you know ..

and many clubs unfortunately have really bad A/C system .. like avalon . or spill/bauhus .. so . crobar is no exception to that regard

hope u feeling better ..

peace

the MASK

dude .. just coz it is a dancing club .. does not mean that it should not have places for people to sit ..

i mean of course the majority of the club should be a dancing floor . but there should be some places to sit

many good dancers who dance their ass off get tired and wana take a break .. and having seats just help

and many other people who dont necessarily dance would also appreciate a seat here or there ..

and when the club dancers come on the stage .. i think it would be cool to have some seats for some people to sit . after all they are watching some sort of a show

the point is .. it is true that people should be dancing or moving . but nothing wrong with having some seats ...

peace

the MASK

and when the club dancers come on the stage .. i think it would be cool to have some seats for some people to sit . after all they are watching some sort of a show

the MASK

99% of their shows last for no more then 10 to 15 minutes.

No need for chairs.

Clubs are not, ARE NOT, NO, are not Movie Theaters.

Next? do you want popcorn to be served while you are watching club shows as well?

99% of their shows last for no more then 10 to 15 minutes.

No need for chairs.

Clubs are not, ARE NOT, NO, are not Movie Theaters.

Next? do you want popcorn to be served while you are watching club shows as well?

dude .. i am a hard core dancer who dance his ass off for hours on the dance floor ..

after couple of hours u r exhausted and u at least wana sit on the floor (i personally dont care for seats) . but in most clubs . and unless they know u .. guards wont let u sit on the floor either ..

so basically no seats and no sitting on the floor .. so no matter how much u danced and contributed to the party .. u gotta stay standing .. now that is cruel .. dont u think???

and so that u know .. and even tho i dont like that place anymore .. Webster Hall does serve popcorn . and it free too .. however they do it for another evil reason . so people get all thirsty and buy more drinks .. sucks ...

peace

the MASK

dude .. i am a hard core dancer who dance his ass off for hours on the dance floor ..

after couple of hours u r exhausted and u at least wana sit on the floor (i personally dont care for seats) . but in most clubs . and unless they know u .. guards wont let u sit on the floor either ..

so basically no seats and no sitting on the floor .. so no matter how much u danced and contributed to the party .. u gotta stay standing .. now that is cruel .. dont u think???

and so that u know .. and even tho i dont like that place anymore .. Webster Hall does serve popcorn . and it free too .. however they do it for another evil reason . so people get all thirsty and buy more drinks .. sucks ...

peace

the MASK

TO CLARIFY

i am not talking about providing seats in the middle of the dancing floor .. i am talking about providing "some" coaches .. setting up .. some coaches on the side .. for some ppl who are falling off coz they have been tired dancing .. or if there are some stage shows .. things like that

if clubs dont wana provide side coaches . that is fine . but then . at least let people sit on the stage .. stairs .. floor . something .. coz ppl cant just stand there for hours .. that is torture

peace

the MASK

Mask,

Wild quess you didn't care much for CroBar. I Had a great time last week

when we went could not go all "still recovering from surgery"...

Dude your right no seats unless you pay $$$$ kind of Sucks ....

A little of an older crowd .... Boris was ON.

Mask,

Wild quess you didn't care much for CroBar. I Had a great time last week

when we went could not go all "still recovering from surgery"...

Dude your right no seats unless you pay $$$$ kind of Sucks ....

A little of an older crowd .... Boris was ON.

Biscuit .. actually not true .. the only time i went to crobar i loved it . coz roger sanchez kicked ass man .. and i generally liked the club

i hope u feeling better soon man .. best of luck to you

peace

the MASK

after couple of hours u r exhausted and u at least wana sit on the floor (i personally dont care for seats) the MASK

dude again,

no offense and first off let me start by apologizing, but THIS QUOTE pretty much answers all my questions towards you, the girl who started this thread and others that may and will Agree with you.

PVD AT Roxy & Webster Ghetto/Shitty Hall is for you then.

Def not Crobar, Marquee and Quo Sir.

Good day & have fun tonight.

End of Discussion.

dude again,

no offense and first off let me start by apologizing, but THIS QUOTE pretty much answers all my questions towards you, the girl who started this thread and others that may and will Agree with you.

End of Discussion.

Why the hostility? Do you work at Crobar or something? If not, I think you're crazy.

dude again,

End of Discussion.

end of dicussion . haha .. i dont think so dude ..

if i go to crobar .. i bring the party to crobar .. if u dont know me then u have not been around and dont know who the MASK is .. in that case i cant blame u .. but i suggest u get a little education about clubs and legends .. and then we can talk ..

lemme tell u something . the only time i went to crobar . it was a nice place no doubt .. and Roger Sanchez was awesome as usual .. but the place was dead . no vibe . no dancers .. it was me and my crew that made that place alive that night .. and u know what . we did not even charge crobar !!!!!

in any case .. where i go . and where i decide to party .. is my own decision dude ... i go to avalon .. spirit .. spill .. ikon .. crobar .. and i "went" to paradise garage .. club usa .. pladium .. and others ...

peace

the MASK