Clubplanet Nightlife Community

When can you hook up with your friends ex?

gio660

Agreed...things like what kind of relationship it was...casual? was there sex involved? how long? etc...

:werd: I dated my cousins ex years after their breakup. They dated casually...no sex..and no big feelings involved (at the time they were both playas...lol) We winded up getting married...11 years later we're still together...guess that we were the better match. :makeout:

lol same thing w/my friend courtney....she started dating this guy after her cousin did in high school....they just got married and have been together for 8 or 9 years :D

totaly, i'm impressed.... I will say I did good, she was out last night and came and sat next to me for a while but i was able to just keep it casual conversation and walk away. she is still a friend but i'm definantly keeping the distance.

I dig the responses ya'll, thanks

i was being sarcastic .. cause there are a few on here that actually would . so i see how some people are .. its a shame some people , with aallllllllll the pussy out there will actually result to actually even thinking about it :mad:

i was being sarcastic .. cause there are a few on here that actually would . so i see how some people are .. its a shame some people , with aallllllllll the pussy out there will actually result to actually even thinking about it :mad:

sacastic but still, decent points... the question is more outta convience, you both know eachother you know ya get along, etc. sure there is plenty of others out there but everyone looks for the short cut. NMN seemed pretty honest, and others probably would do it just because. just dig the thoughts

bro's before ho's... true

honestly, if a friend of mine wanted to date one of my exes, i'd say good luck and more power to them. the way i look at it is that just because me and her didnt work out, its no reason to deny a friend a chance at being happy. what kind of friend would i be if i told a friend "no, you cant date her even if you think she's the perfect match for you, because she wasnt the perfect match for me"

seems kind of childish... kind of like when you're little and ur parents ground you from using (for example) your nintendo, so you hide the power cord, thinking "if i cant use it, noone else will either"

personally, I'd wait a while before dating a friend's ex, depending on how long they were together/how close they were, etc... but i'd still do it, unless she broke up with him specifically to come after me, cuz then how am i gonna be sure she wont do the same if she sees someone 'better' later on, and if she tried to cheat on him with me, then absolutely not, for the same reason

hell, know a cabbie whose ex husband married her sister... doesnt seem to be any bad feelins over it either.

lol someone gave me neg rep for that post.

dont see why...

like someone up above said, bros before hos... some take it to mean that a friend's ex is off limits, i take it to mean that if a friend wants to date my ex, i'll let go of any feelings i may have towards her, good or bad, and let them. of course, friendship is a two way street, and i expect the same of my friends as i do of myself.

I dunno, maybe my view of the world is too simple or something...

oh yeah... and who gave me the neg rep? just curious, cuz they didnt put a message or anything on it.

EDIT: and yes, i have given a friend the go ahead to date an ex before. very first gf, another friend of mine came to me one day and said she was mauling him when i wasnt around, so naturally i broke up with her. so when the first friend (not the one she was mauling) said she was hitting on him and he wanted to go for it but cuz of me he wouldnt touch her with a 10 foot pole, i gave him the go ahead, along with a warning that she had cheated on me and in all likelihood would do the same again.