Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Darren Emerson and Godskitchen at Ikon on Saturday

Cmon NYC...Saturday Aug 14,...we got a roof top and my favorite DJ in the world spinning.... Godskitchen is a top promotion company from the UK (who just bought out the legendary westcoast promo company Spundae) ...forget that it was exit and black and try and start from scratch and embrace the future...this party has potential...Cleveland from Sound Factory on the rooftop so it got something for everyone...think about it, hot hot tunes, summertime on a rooftop til the weee hours in NYC...not too much thinkin here...my friends a DJ whose working with this party...he definitely thinks its gonna turn around the whole bad vibe that was at Exit/Black

Yea that where i heard about this little thing at exit. Bc right now i am out in Chicago. I am coming home Labor Day weekend, I am defiantly gona have to check this out. You know if Cleveland is gona be a resident or is he jsut like a one time thing. That guy can get down.

Yea that where i heard about this little thing at exit. Bc right now i am out in Chicago. I am coming home Labor Day weekend, I am defiantly gona have to check this out. You know if Cleveland is gona be a resident or is he jsut like a one time thing. That guy can get down.

prob a resident from what i understand

ok what does godskitchen buyin out the place on the west coast have anything to do with tryin to make the black/exit spot big again. dont get me wrong i miss the hot nights they did there but it will be hard for anyone to bring that place back. but if they are only doin the rooftop and secert room then that will be a cool party to check out. but i highly doubt any team will bring a hot new party to the old venue. maybe the top djs of the world will be albe to bring back good nights, who knows.

Z

ok here's how it works:

Spundae was based out in the west coast, throwing parties at places like 1015 folsom and then spots in LA. They eventually moved forward and started doing parties in Vegas too which were very successful.

They have a great philosophy...bring great dj's, try and create an amazing environment and atmosphere through visuals and live acts, but MOST importantly, they support and foster the local talent. This is huge...it's like pro scouting for professional sports..it's kinda on par with that. They give everyday dj's the chance and experience of a lifetime..playing a massive party, opening for a headlining dj....can't beat that.

After the west coast they moved onward to Chicago were I experienced first hand the power they have. They brought a club up from the dead, this place was basically a bNt club in many ways...terrible crowd, cheesy nights..etc etc.

It took a few months, but with continued talent being brought in, with nights supporting the locals, with attention to detail that many overlook, the night eventually took off. I had the luck of opening for AVB after only playing out for about a yr or so...to this day that was one of the most exhilarating experiences of my life. Probably easily over 1000 people crammed into a club for this night alone..mind you the massive amounts of heads they've brought in regulary. It's about educating the masses..which is something Spundae has always worked very hard to do.

With the partnership now in place the same will take place...lots of hard work, building an amazing environment and supporting locals!! They will create and bring amazing talent into that place but it's going to take some open mindness here.

Please feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to discuss more.

peace,

dj

hey i do hope that this godskitchen does bring a good party back to exit/black/ikon whatever. but it will be very hard with todays nightlife. you gotta remember that exit can hold 4000 people. they have done 8000 in and out all night back in the day. times change over the years and alot of people now go to lounges that used to club it up every weekend. esp now with all the other parties going on. i think i saw something that they will be doing saturday nights. well we have jp at spirit already packin it out every week. theres a party at avalon,wh,discotheque,crobar,capitale,lobby and everywhere else. anyway im not tryin to bash on this team that wants to turn this place around. i wish them the best of luck. i just dont think the turnout will be so great considering the size of the club they are working at.

Z

hey i do hope that this godskitchen does bring a good party back to exit/black/ikon whatever. but it will be very hard with todays nightlife. you gotta remember that exit can hold 4000 people. they have done 8000 in and out all night back in the day. times change over the years and alot of people now go to lounges that used to club it up every weekend. esp now with all the other parties going on. i think i saw something that they will be doing saturday nights. well we have jp at spirit already packin it out every week. theres a party at avalon,wh,discotheque,crobar,capitale,lobby and everywhere else. anyway im not tryin to bash on this team that wants to turn this place around. i wish them the best of luck. i just dont think the turnout will be so great considering the size of the club they are working at.

Z

very true, but if they start bringing in huge headliners than maybe they just might.....

and i really love the idea of local djs opening, that is nice and i totally support them.. there is some hot talent out there.

..,....hey maybe they can throw a big huge partie at ikon now. AHHH

i cant wait, cuz i really dislike the EDM scene here in NYC. its just horrible. not many appreciatate the scene and music anymore, and it ruins the people's night who do support the scene. after hearing a brief description about Spundae, now i really do believe Godskitchen will have a better chance in reviving the scene. and when the scene does come back, i will once again be as happy as i was 2-3 years ago. lol.

corny, but i love the EDM scene and wish that it can be revived. haha

Someone was telling me they were gona be doing the party inside in the big room, not of the rooftop. Whats the deal?

darren emerson has the main room -- then its eddie baez for afterhours -- clevelands on the roof and ziggy's in the pink room . .