Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Avalon...

A girl that is from the gym I am a trainer at wants to bring a bunch of her friends (all girls) with me to go to a NYC club. (since I went to all of ONE club there I am now the official nyc club expert to her lol) The problem is they don't like "techno" they want hip-hop, while I on the other hand want some decent music. I am thinking of going to Avalon because it seems like a pretty decent place that also has a hip-hop room. I want to go friday night and the dj seems good, but I am not picky - give me a half decent beat and some pretty girls and I am happy. Is this a good choice or should I try someplace else? Also would they let me into avalon if I had a beater (a nice one) because last week I wore a nice italian button down and I was DRENCHED, and I really want to dance the whole night again and I dont see how I can do that if I dress nice. The cover there is $30 right? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

The problem is they don't like "techno" they want hip-hop, while I on the other hand want some decent music. I am thinking of going to Avalon because it seems like a pretty decent place that also has a hip-hop room.

Cover is $15 on GL and $30 w/o and $0 if you know the door guy and you will access to the Spider and Skybar.

Avalon is by far the BEST Hip Pop under 21 and over 21 Fridays in the City right now.

The Hip Pop Room at avalon gets SO packed between 10:45p to 11pm. By 12 You can't even walk. Meanwhile the Main Floor for House and Techno stays empty up until 2am.

Would it be safe to say that the HIP POP Room at avalon and ANY OTHER HIp Pop Lounge such as Lotus, Suede, Suite 16, Quo, Marquee and Sessa ATTRACTS the Most Beautiful Girls in the CITY versus Techno and House Girls.

I think so.

have fun.

A girl that is from the gym I am a trainer at wants to bring a bunch of her friends (all girls) with me to go to a NYC club. (since I went to all of ONE club there I am now the official nyc club expert to her lol) The problem is they don't like "techno" they want hip-hop, while I on the other hand want some decent music. I am thinking of going to Avalon because it seems like a pretty decent place that also has a hip-hop room. I want to go friday night and the dj seems good, but I am not picky - give me a half decent beat and some pretty girls and I am happy. Is this a good choice or should I try someplace else? Also would they let me into avalon if I had a beater (a nice one) because last week I wore a nice italian button down and I was DRENCHED, and I really want to dance the whole night again and I dont see how I can do that if I dress nice. The cover there is $30 right? Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

dude .. if your destination is Avalon .. i think u r making a great choice .. after all .. Avalon is my house ..

however be aware of few things

the hip-hop dance area in avalon is not that big .. if u and your friends dont mind dancing in the area where people sit by the bar (and usually people end up dancing there as well) then u have a much bigger space ..

the DJ at hip hop place in Avalon is decent ..

to get into avalon .. there are couple of options .. either get on the guest list for clubplanet (http://www.clubplanet.com/guestlists/) to get in reduced ... (depending on wht time you arrive they will give you reduced price .. generally the earlier u arrive .. the more discount u get) ...

OR .. you can also contact victor Sotto (http://bbs.clubplanet.com/member.php?userid=101707) and he might give you comps or reduced

NOW .. if you want other choices .. you can go to B'Lo .. a great club with great hip-hop music ... or NV .. which is totally hip-hop .. both of those clubs have great hip-hop DJs .. and they are relatively big ..

you can also check the following links for more hip-hop clubs and guest lists to both B'Lo and NV .. as well as to other clubs

http://www.alltheparties.com/

and

http://www.whatspoppin.net/

hope this helps

peace

the MASK

Meanwhile the Main Floor for House and Techno stays empty up until 2am.

Dude .. when was the last time you been to avalon???

house/techo/transe rooms start getting full by midnight .. and depending on the DJ .. it can get packed pretty early .. like when Mauro Picotto was there .. the place was jammed with people starting at midnight ..

bsides .. the hip hop dance floor in avalon is smaller than the house/techo/transe one ..

either way .. Avalon is a GREAT choice ..

peace

the MASK

Dude .. when was the last time you been to avalon???

Friday, July 30 2004 & Friday, August 6, 2004

However, I go 3 out 4 fridays each MONTH & 1 out 4 Saturday each Month.

Yes, its all relative.... House/TEchno is Bigger then Hip Pop Room and during Tiesto, Steve Lawler Lights OUT and Mauro the House Room got incredible packed at 11:15pm.

I usually enter thru the HIP pop room first LOL and admire the BEAUTY OF THE Hip Pop Community, SO MANY HOTTIES.! Black, White and Asians. I love them all.

btw does anyone remember the last 2 times PVD came to Roxy and AVALON HAD THEIR HOUSE/LOCAL DJ spinning Hot Mothofoking Tribal BEATS... Pure Insanity.

Hats off to him.

Back to the topic: AVALON DOES HAVE THE BEST HIP POP BEATS ALL NIGHT ALONG WITH THE BEST HOTTIES.

a place where only "cool" people hang out

or

"Any of numerous arachnids of the order Araneae, having a body divided into a cephalothorax bearing eight legs, two poison fangs, and two feelers and an unsegmented abdomen bearing several spinnerets that produce the silk used to make nests, cocoons, or webs for trapping insects."

:type:

Elvin S (Clique Entertainment)

Sundays at SOHO 323

Todd Mallis and Sal Morale

Open Bar 10-11pm

Doors Open at 10pm

Sushi Till 3am

Soho 323

323 West Broadway

Table Res: 917-216-0403

-------------------------------------

Thursdays at Spirit

DJ Kid Capri

-------------------------------------

My personal opinion, Avalon Hip-hop room is too crowded to enjoy yourself. It's so crowded that you are litterally sandwiched every way you turn. If your not into dancing, and are just loooking for a drunken good time, Avalon's hip-hop room will work.

a place where only "cool" people hang out

or

"Any of numerous arachnids of the order Araneae, having a body divided into a cephalothorax bearing eight legs, two poison fangs, and two feelers and an unsegmented abdomen bearing several spinnerets that produce the silk used to make nests, cocoons, or webs for trapping insects."

:type:

lol...i figured something like that

last time i went to Avalon I was in the bathroom and this guy came over to me and was like ..you're hot enough for me to invite you to Spider...i was like thanks but no thanks...a bouncer overheard us talking and goes....if someone ever invites you to spider do not say no...............okay buddy.

My personal opinion, Avalon Hip-hop room is too crowded to enjoy yourself. It's so crowded that you are litterally sandwiched every way you turn. If your not into dancing, and are just loooking for a drunken good time, Avalon's hip-hop room will work.

That is perfect, because maybe then they will go with me onto the house/trance floor, because I really dont feel like dancing to hip hop all night. Although if the girls are really so pretty in the hip-hop room, that might provide ample motivation to stay in hip-hop lol. I need to find myself a city girl.