Clubplanet Nightlife Community

who the fuck aRe the clowns on mtv right now~!?

dgmodel

i was flippin through the channels and i stopped on mtv cause they had some sick shit on then after they were done showing it, they go to these two idiots who can barely speak gibberjabberin about some nonsense... who the fuck are they~!?

are you talking about the ying yangs twins on cribs i saw today? haha

A couple of years ago I was meeting with one of the biggest internet music execs and he said something which was shocking ....

"Today [2001 I recall] MTV will play as many music videos in one year that it use to play in one day alone 10 years ago ... whatever presence it had in the music industry it gave up to become a programming entity."

It was a brilliant quote.

I might be dating myself here lol ... but back in the day, did anyone ever watch The Box on cable in nyc? It use to have the acts that no one knew and 6 months later were #1. I miss it greatly :(

The Box....lmao.....I used to watch that but then it became over run with hip hop as my neighborhood "evolved"....lol.......but idk anything about mtv now.....marko says two clowns on mtv, i think you could say that at any point during the day when you turn that shit on..........

A couple of years ago I was meeting with one of the biggest internet music execs and he said something which was shocking ....

"Today [2001 I recall] MTV will play as many music videos in one year that it use to play in one day alone 10 years ago ... whatever presence it had in the music industry it gave up to become a programming entity."

I might be dating myself here lol ... but back in the day, did anyone ever watch The Box on cable in nyc? It use to have the acts that no one knew and 6 months later were #1. I miss it greatly :(

I used to watch The Box down in Miami (I think it was the box) when I'd visit my peeps down there. Its the one where you could call in and request stuff from their library right?

hell yeah the box... i remember that shit... youre afraid of dating yourself here... check this one out... you remember u68~!?

are you talking about the ying yangs twins on cribs i saw today? haha

nah not them.. these guys had bald heads could barely speak and had mouth full of metal teeth... it was like cribs but for vma or something in miami i dont know it was on at like 10 or something....

vh1 is definately the lesser of two evils... but whats fucked up is that mtv had to make a mtv2 just to play music videos like wtf... its like if open up a restuarant but only sell forks and knives but i open up a second restarant next door and sell food... wtf~!? fuse is prolly my favourite music channel right now but its mad geared towards teenie boppers other than that i listen to my own music...

hell yeah the box... i remember that shit... youre afraid of dating yourself here... check this one out... you remember u68~!?

What year was u68? I might have watched and just forgot the name.

The BOX brought back incredible memories. I left a Madison avenue apartment for pennies for a 9-room 3b/2b uws place for even less pennies that had cable and a gazillion windows and I would just kick back in the living room after a day of studying and studying (had no social life at that time) and turn on the Box which was 100% urban music then. I'd watch it as I stuffed my face with fettucini alfredo with too much cream, too much proscuitto, and too many parmesano reggiano. I'd kick my feet up on the sofa with my bowl of fattening pasta and just have the time of my life watching the Box.

Sometimes I'd have some friends come over that werent exposed to that type of music and turn on the Box and they'd be - "who's that?" ... and Id say, "oh, it's this smokin hot girl theyve been playing for a week, ive never seen her before, deep voice like Aretha, tiny body to die for. She'll be big if mainstream society hears her". "What's her name?" "Tonie Braxton".

There were so many artists that never made it big but there were a few that I saw on the Box and said to my friends, trust me, give it 6 months, she'll be charting Billboard.

nah not them.. these guys had bald heads could barely speak and had mouth full of metal teeth... it was like cribs but for vma or something in miami i dont know it was on at like 10 or something....

haha, hate to break it to ya, but that WAS the ying yang twins

What year was u68? I might have watched and just forgot the name.

mid to late 80's it was a uhf station that played music videos... competed with mtv, we didnt get cable in my neighborhood until about '91 area... so that was the only all video channel, there was the box (.75 cents a song thingy), and video music box which played hiphop... u68 then became the home shopping network or some shit... i dont know i dont really remember this is going back pretty far... (just reminded me of beta, and my first vcr ever that had a wired remote lol)