Clubplanet Nightlife Community

AVB Crobar

RULED!!!! How can you say anything less. He was positive and uplifting all night, himself and his music and i dont think he stopped jumping up and down and waving his hands and smiling once:) That just gets the crowd so pumped. The energy was so sick my god and everyone was so happy. Awesome awesome time!!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RULED!!!! How can you say anything less. He was positive and uplifting all night, himself and his music and i dont think he stopped jumping up and down and waving his hands and smiling once:) That just gets the crowd so pumped. The energy was so sick my god and everyone was so happy. Awesome awesome time!!!

sure ...i hear what your say'n......but i really don't care if he's doing cartwheels or crying up there.....i'm there to listen to him not watch....but thats just me....

How can you say anything less.

Easy, I have an opinion, and as djtrinty said, I'm there for the music, not to see him jump up and down and whatever else shit he does up there. Like I said before, too much hero worship, kind of a prima dona if you get right down to it with all the Armada, A State of Trance, and his picture on the big screen right behind him.

Easy, I have an opinion, and as djtrinty said, I'm there for the music, not to see him jump up and down and whatever else shit he does up there. Like I said before, too much hero worship, kind of a prima dona if you get right down to it with all the Armada, A State of Trance, and his picture on the big screen right behind him.

which could have been used for some nice visuals!!!!!

someone mentioned that armin is god......just don't forget that u r 2!

Ahhh I'm not a big trance dj warshipping person but when you cut it down to vibe in a big room there was way plenty to go around. First time I ever seen so much vibe in crobar. And the lighting was awesome as well. Peace to all the Avalon heads we met last night. And 2 our crew we repped as always!

Digital

Brandon come to see Fleming!!!!!!!!!

last night was absolutely amaaaaaazing. by far the best night of the summer and just EVER!!!!!!

VELVET MORNING & SiLENCE!!! unbelievable!!!!!! im so happy he played those tracks. i really wanted to hear Satellite-Oceanlab, but thats okaaay

he spun Home yay!!!!!

THE visuals were insane omggg i love crobar!!! at one point i was just standing there in awe. so much energy in the crowd and from armin. i love him hes so cute.

armin is the best dj in the whole world.

kinda sucked there wasnt a lot of dancing room, so i was just jumpin up and down at one point. but towards 1 when it cleared out there was a lot more room and some circles goin on. i loved his set, really moving, i liked the progreession...throwing out a few hard tracks and then slowing it up with a more trancey/vocal track... i donno i felt he was a little harder last night than my normal liking.

he spun mushroom therapy -mark otten right? im pretty sure i heard that track.

that was not a vibe in crobar.....that was a show....that is part of the game.....Lets say an 'manufactured vibe'...i myself spin mainly trance and love much of the track selection by tiesto/armin... and believe me i'm not a big fan of Junior....i do enjoy Jonathon....but one thing these guys got over the the overseas crew(of course not all) is creating a vibe in the room....tiesto..armin...they all just slap on track after track....get a choppy feel to it all night...never any direction.....junior/jonathon they work that night to bring the place to a busting point.....peeps out there know what i'm talking about.....a vibe in my book is when its prolle about 6-8 am in the morning....the dance floor is crowded but plenty of room for u dance freely...its dark.....some occasional lights...and strobe bursts..there are no breaks in the music....nobody is socailizing...no one's try'n to pick up...there are just people bouncing on the floor....everyone one has been pulled into there head.....the mind is quiet...your movement is effortless.....u just hear a wooom wooom wooom wooom.......and u can actually see when someone come to that pinnacle point.......u don't see it all the time......when there just popping there cork....not just dancing good or showboating.......but gett'n to the point like there dancing as if no ones watching.........u get a bunch of people sync'd up like that at one time .....the whole night has been to bring it to that point......and just like your feeling at that moment so is the dj........nobody has to raise hands to acknowledge it.....u don't have to look and see if the dj is jump'n up and down and smiling.......u know he's right there with u..........the room is one ...one 'vibe'bration

amazin thing with carl cox is i think he might be able to summon that at will..

i definately did not get that in crobar....maybe alot happy people!

when armin spun roxy last year he did get the 'vibe' goin IMO.....everytime after that he's had that choppy feel.....same with PVD before these guys got huge there were play'n with a lot of heart.....the money and WKTU gets involved and there done....play'n crap mainstream .....play'n tracks off there labels even if there not feeling them anymore just to sell copies.....

the whole fuckin scene is a joke!!! :makeout: ...well nevermind me i am just disgusted with the new york club scene right now.....all these new fancy, super expensive clubs and there all junk.......

That was a great night - AvB as always amazes with his energy.

I remember his show last year at Arc on Wed night - maybe a 150 people in the entire club - it was awesome - I thought, last night was almost as good.

In a way it was the same night but with a lot more people.

As for the outdoor vs indoor - i must say I'd still love to see more shows outdoors. I like them better. Lights and music can be as good if not better as in a club.

Crobar has a great sound system but I think their lights are just a bit too bright - I'd like it darker...

Anyhow...though I was feeling sick and should have really stayed home, I just couldn't miss it. I was so happy I did go out; I danced almost non-stop.

Great set, great vibe, great meeting and owning the floor with Kim, Beatka, Brandon, Billy, Edwin and our other friends!!!

djtrinitry; i am sorry but i really don't get your point.

1. vibe is something YOU create - it's up to you.

2. If you don't like the way DJ acts or the people "idealizing" him - you can always turn your back to the stage and still enjoy the music

3. You can always stay home and listen to your CDs

4. Just because a DJ (or any other musician) made it "big" doesn't mean he/she is a sell out or his/her music sucks now.

You make yourself sound like some “misunderstoodâ€, anti-establishment wanna be suffering artists who thinks anything commercial, successful or popular just can’t be any good.

There really isn’t anything wrong with people expressing their love and appreciations for music and the artist that creates it – be it a DJ or a rock band.

djtrinity...i know that vibe and feelin you are talking about...havent felt something that raw in awhile...ive really only felt those at small parties or small clubs.. i mean the vibe last night at armin felt amazing to me because i was so happy and having such a good time, but the crowd there does attract slightly more airs. however its nice to know that there are so many trance fans who do go strictly for the music and then others who take their love for the music along with more commerical clubbing lines. either way you yourself create and contribute to the vibe...smiling is contagious :)

That was a great night - AvB as always amazes with his energy.

I remember his show last year at Arc on Wed night - maybe a 150 people in the entire club - it was awesome - I thought, last night was almost as good.

In a way it was the same night but with a lot more people.

As for the outdoor vs indoor - i must say I'd still love to see more shows outdoors. I like them better. Lights and music can be as good if not better as in a club.

Crobar has a great sound system but I think their lights are just a bit too bright - I'd like it darker...

Anyhow...though I was feeling sick and should have really stayed home, I just couldn't miss it. I was so happy I did go out; I danced almost non-stop.

Great set, great vibe, great meeting and owning the floor with Kim, Beatka, Brandon, Billy, Edwin and our other friends!!!

djtrinitry; i am sorry but i really don't get your point.

1. vibe is something YOU create - it's up to you.

2. If you don't like the way DJ acts or the people "idealizing" him - you can always turn your back to the stage and still enjoy the music

3. You can always stay home and listen to your CDs

4. Just because a DJ (or any other musician) made it "big" doesn't mean he/she is a sell out or his/her music sucks now.

You make yourself sound like some “misunderstoodâ€, anti-establishment wanna be suffering artists who thinks anything commercial, successful or popular just can’t be any good.

There really isn’t anything wrong with people expressing their love and appreciations for music and the artist that creates it – be it a DJ or a rock band.

music indoors vs. out----indoor anyday......if i just wanna listen outdoors is fine.......the low end is lost out doors......no feeling to it

1-Mood is what u create.....1 can't create the 'vibe' i'm talking about

2-the 'idolizing' distacts' from gett'n the 'vibe' to set in.....it has people focusing on the outer experience

3-unless u have others with u that is useless.

4-your right i am anti-establishment ...and sorry to say alot of people do lose it when they become popular.....they just gain more sheep....music should be a gift.....there is absolutely no reaon to pay dj's these crazy fee's...42 bucks to go here pvd in the hamptons??? are these people nuts?

unless u truely experienced what i'm talking about it will sound like non-sense.....u will not see the difference in what i'm say'n about i guess we can call mood and vibe

alot of people do lose it when they become popular.....they just gain more sheep....

:bowdown: exactly. So many SHEEPS in nyc. Well i wasnt tehre cause i was having my own fun at cielo but seems like the mojority of people on this board who went had fun. So thats good.

As much as I love the lasers and enclosed darkness of a club...theres something about dancing outdoors that makes me feel so free. I wish I could've made it to AVB...too bad he didn't play in CP...PVD in CP was absolutley amazing even with the rain...Actually I thought his set in Spirit was kinda lame compared to dancing in the pouring rain.

I'm actually kinda surprised to hear such a great response to AVB and CROBAR having him. Since I used to hear one of the guys that works there say that AVB sucks and he trainwrecks all the time when he played at Roxy in April.

:bounce:

Everyone has their own experiences and opinions of dj's and clubscene..no one is wrong and no one is right..that's why this is a place of free thinking.

music indoors vs. out----indoor anyday......if i just wanna listen outdoors is fine.......the low end is lost out doors......no feeling to it

1-Mood is what u create.....1 can't create the 'vibe' i'm talking about

2-the 'idolizing' distacts' from gett'n the 'vibe' to set in.....it has people focusing on the outer experience

3-unless u have others with u that is useless.

4-your right i am anti-establishment ...and sorry to say alot of people do lose it when they become popular.....they just gain more sheep....music should be a gift.....there is absolutely no reaon to pay dj's these crazy fee's...42 bucks to go here pvd in the hamptons??? are these people nuts?

unless u truely experienced what i'm talking about it will sound like non-sense.....u will not see the difference in what i'm say'n about i guess we can call mood and vibe

Maybe you and Silverbull should go get a room together. As for those who had fun at this event, that's great to hear.

I'm tired of all this bitchin' about how it used to be or how it should be. At the end of the day, its about whether people had fun. And from the looks of it, the majority of the people who went, had a great time. And that's what matters.

Fucking nutheads living in the past and complaining about everything happening now. If you can't have fun listening to a popular DJ, then don't go, don't talk about and most definitely don't judge people who do have fun listening to these dj's and paying the money to do it. Where do people come off having this high and mighty condescending and patronizing attitude to those who are willing to do what it takes to have fun? Get a life.

If you can't have fun listening to a popular DJ, then don't go, don't talk about and most definitely don't judge people who do have fun listening to these dj's and paying the money to do it. Where do people come off having this high and mighty condescending and patronizing attitude to those who are willing to do what it takes to have fun? Get a life.

sorry u take it as high and mighty....don't mean to come off that way....and i am definately not judging anyone on here...so i apoligize to anyone who takes it that way.......

and i'm so sorry to see most of all soj offended so easily @ others opinions which everyone is entitled 2!

Dear Trinity

If you don't like AVB and the NYC scene then move out, please....

Go to miami or somewhere. For some reason I think you would match there better. I love NY just the way it is and I love AVB for bringing a positive vibe that some people can really apprieciate.

When it comes to 42$ fees for PVD I personally think that an event like this does not happen every day and when you go to a club you still have to pay 20 or 30 bucks. If you don't think he is worth it then don't go. I bought my tickets the first day they came out and I wouldn't mind spending 50$ either.

Victor!!

I haven't seen you in ages! I have a new phone and I don't have your number anymore. I retired from clubbing for awhile and then just got back into it.. We'll have to go out sometime soon!

And all the haters of the "dj worshipping"... I didn't go to crobar for the party, I went to see armin..and I don't care if I throw my arms up :clap: and am all excited to smile at him, for me that's the most fun.. I guess I'm a dj worshiping fool, but he kissed me, so there! :grin3:

u don't by any chance have a track listing,for your "awakening" mix??? i only have like 40 minutes of your set, i'm curious to see what else u played in that set......do u still dj on metromix, i looked for more of your mixes and didn't find any?? r u playing at any clubs???