Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do they scan in avalon?

I actually don't know about Avalon, but I do know that NJ licenses don't have bars to scan (they do but not eveyone has one yet) so they just look at the sticker and check the numbers to make sure it matches (the code on top, numbers stand for "brown hair" and "blue eyes" etc).

Do they scan all the IDs in Avalon, or just look at them? Do they have a barcode scanner or just a mag-stripe?

Thanks

I do the party at Avalon on Fridays. From what I know they just check ID's they don't scan them. If you care to attend Fridays at Avalon, just say my name at the door or call me at 973-941-3515.

Victor Soto

hey what's up vic. you should hook me up with comps one of these days.lol

oh btw how's the spider club. I been there numerous times but never went inside the spider club. I wonder if it's worth it

I'll comp you. Just let me know when your coming through or just call me. Spider room picks up later on in the evening/morning. Its an after hours to mingle and chill. A lot of people like it. Nothing to Hardcare.

Victor Soto

oh i heard u need special passes or sumthing like that to go in. I might go next week.

I'll comp you. Just let me know when your coming through or just call me. Spider room picks up later on in the evening/morning. Its an after hours to mingle and chill. A lot of people like it. Nothing to Hardcare.

Victor Soto

isn't anybody nervous about these ID scanners?

why does a club need to scan and save my personal information?

what kind of security is in place to make sure your privacy is safe?

are these systems in place to curb underage drinking or are they really in place to try to market or sell us something?

the whole concept is pretty scary to me. they don't need to store that information.

a. If you were caught buying, selling or dealing drugs inside "THEIR PREMISES"

b. If you were 86'd

c. If you were involved in a huge fight with any of "THEIR STAFF"

d. If you did or were caught DOING SOMETHING VERY WRONG.

be safe.

isn't anybody nervous about these ID scanners?

yeah when i was a kid and would use my brothers ID to get in kurfew at tunnel he started getting all these gay flyers in the mail and shit. he wasnt too happy haha

yeah well... i seriously doubt the scanners are in place to keep tabs on the idiots getting busted with drugs or starting fights... and even if that is the case, why does everybodys personal information have to be saved for the 1% of assholes that are getting into trouble?

the whole concept is fishy. all the club needs to know is if you are over 18 or not. thats it. and you do not need a scanner with a database to determine if your clients are of age.

fuck this big brother shit. why don't they scan your birth certificate and your social security card while your at it? how about your credit cards and a blood test to boot?

actually scanners are really only used for data purposes. GUY/GIRL ratio and age group.

So you mean to say that even if my ID didn't scan (when it should) they would normally let me in? I want to go to crobar but am not sure if I should since they scan. I would make a NJ fake but I don't know anyone that has one for me to look at.

I dont speak for all venues and all the different type of scanners but here is the long and short for the few that I have delt with.

Information they get:

Name

Address

DOB

Sex

Height

and yes, they have been know to store this information for a promotional data base for mailers.

yeah well... i seriously doubt the scanners are in place to keep tabs on the idiots getting busted with drugs or starting fights... and even if that is the case, why does everybodys personal information have to be saved for the 1% of assholes that are getting into trouble?

the whole concept is fishy. all the club needs to know is if you are over 18 or not. thats it. and you do not need a scanner with a database to determine if your clients are of age.

fuck this big brother shit. why don't they scan your birth certificate and your social security card while your at it? how about your credit cards and a blood test to boot?

Dude -

If something smell fishy, looks fishy, taste fishy then it is fishy ...

Not all clubs have Scanners, I wonder WHY ???