Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Last Night (Friday) @ IKON

Look I know alot of people have a bad taste in their mouths form past parties in this space, but I have to say they are making TREMENDOUS STRIDES!

Most notably the Security Staff is pleasent, and friendly, the improvements to the sound system are significantly better as opposed to Exit, which both lead to a more pleasent club experience....

The Roof Top Party was JAMMED last night and if your into Hip Hop this is the place for you, the renovations to the rooftop are great with skyboxes and booths.

Everyone really has to check out the Main Room though. It looks as if Rob James is now the main room resident DJ. Anyone that was there last night can tell you about Rob's creativity and talent behind the decks. He took an empty room and filled the floor by the end of his set. If you havent heared him check him out.

So what im really saying is laugh, bitch, make fun of it all ya want but honestly don't knock it till ya tried it! With a little time this can easially become a great party!

Are you talking about the same party that i went to: Ikon Fri nite 8/13?

Cause what u said wasnt exacly true, the fuckin space is FUCKIN DEAD, pieces of shit staff holding up the fuckin line all the way round the corner and then u walkin and 25 people are dancin on the main floor

bottom line: no people ----> no vibe, HIPHOP ROOM FUCKIN STINKS

Cause what u said wasnt exacly true, the fuckin space is FUCKIN DEAD, pieces of shit staff holding up the fuckin line all the way round the corner and then u walkin and 25 people are dancin on the main floor

What time were you there???

I was there last night and Ill tell you the crappy little hip hop room blew! They had this fat umpa lumpa midget with his burnt CD's playing hip hop.

The outside Skylounge was cool though, the music was much better up there than in that little room.

the main room peaked at about 1:00 Rob James was throwin it down. Ive heard him before but this time he was rockin it. Then at about 1:45 some kid went on and cleared the floor, they should have let Rob spin all night.

Matt is right though with time this could be a cool party :type:

hes a promoter, what else would you expect him to say?

hes a promoter, what else would you expect him to say?

If you were refering to me, I am not a promoter, I do not get paid by this club at all. That's the gods honest truth. I will admit that the main room DJ is one of my best friends but that is where it ends.

If a party sucks I admit it, if a party is good I admit it.

I didn't say last night was a good party or a bad party what I was trying to get across was that it was much better than I thought it was.

yeah he's right...hardly any1 goes there every since jp fucked that place up

ever since jp fucked that place up??? try atleast a good year before jp even got his residency there... also jp didnt do much damage... the club has a bad history, period..

If you were refering to me, I am not a promoter, I do not get paid by this club at all. That's the gods honest truth. I will admit that the main room DJ is one of my best friends but that is where it ends.

If a party sucks I admit it, if a party is good I admit it.

I didn't say last night was a good party or a bad party what I was trying to get across was that it was much better than I thought it was.

In your initial post, you make it sounds like it was an awesome party, and most of the people who seem to have went there, are saying opposite.

first two kids in the pink room were sick.....banging progressive house and kept the room packed, different sound then that normal NYC Tribal stuff

def going to hear em again next week

hey, thanks. Myself and DJ wemrock will be in there again next Friday.

On a side note, it was a pretty cool time all night. The pink Rrom was cool all night, as was the main floor towards the end of the night.

Matt, glad the mainfloor was a little more lively than it was last Friday. Hopefully the party does well, considering the talent the club is now lucky enough to have on a Friday night.

What time did Rob finish this past Friday? I wound up taking it easy this weekend.

If Rob's spinning again this Friday, I'll be down there.