Clubplanet Nightlife Community

whats. your. style.

lafemcaliente

(for tstelkhuni) ;)

i met this guy on thursday night, we talked, everything was going well... he called me saturday and asked me to come out but i ended up falling asleep and staying in. i eventually got the time and called him tonight. on the phone he was like "wow, never thought id hear from you again". we hung out tonight and when i was leaving he told me that he was free tomorrow night and friday night. i told him we could probably do something tomorrow, to which he seemed surprised and said "yea, that'd be great, i didnt want to seem to eager or forward."

now my question to you is, when you meet someone and everything is there, good conversation, attraction, chemistry, the whole nine, do you wait and if so how long to call the person?

once you hang out with them, if things are continuously on the up and up, would you put off calling them or trying to see them?

it personally boggles my mind why people expect to wait to talk to someone they are interested in, and why putting them off seems like the smart thing to do instead of just being honest. i guess you could say you dont want to get involved too quickly, or that you dont want to seem desperate, but what if you put off the phone calls, put off spending time initially and three weeks in you realize that this isnt someone you'd want to be involved with in the first place? seems like a waste of time to me, but thats just my opinion.

so what do we think? waiting or just playing it by ear and doing what feels right?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wait, you're playing games, and most guys don't like that

Why play games when things are going well :confused:

And i can't STAND text-messaging. I used to talk to this girl, and i'd call and leave a message, she'd reply with a text message :mad:

I dropped her like a bad habit :rolleyes::laugh:

edit: ok, i know that came across kinda harsh, but I get pissed when i call someone and they text mssg me back. It's cool if we're going back n forth w/text mssging, but if i call you, don't be a sissy. call me back ;)

(for tstelkhuni) ;)

i met this guy on thursday night, we talked, everything was going well... he called me saturday and asked me to come out but i ended up falling asleep and staying in. i eventually got the time and called him tonight. on the phone he was like "wow, never thought id hear from you again". we hung out tonight and when i was leaving he told me that he was free tomorrow night and friday night. i told him we could probably do something tomorrow, to which he seemed surprised and said "yea, that'd be great, i didnt want to seem to eager or forward."

now my question to you is, when you meet someone and everything is there, good conversation, attraction, chemistry, the whole nine, do you wait and if so how long to call the person?

once you hang out with them, if things are continuously on the up and up, would you put off calling them or trying to see them?

it personally boggles my mind why people expect to wait to talk to someone they are interested in, and why putting them off seems like the smart thing to do instead of just being honest. i guess you could say you dont want to get involved too quickly, or that you dont want to seem desperate, but what if you put off the phone calls, put off spending time initially and three weeks in you realize that this isnt someone you'd want to be involved with in the first place? seems like a waste of time to me, but thats just my opinion.

so what do we think? waiting or just playing it by ear and doing what feels right?

thank you ;).

honestly hun, I think you need to take action on this one. If he is giving all the signs (which from what u say he is) that he is interested, then you have nothing to lose. Even if in a few weeks you find out its not all it was built up to be - its ok. Atleast you acted upon it - better than saying what if I had? Anyways seems like your feeling him and vice versa - life is so short enjoy it! Don't play games, be real, and have fun! :)

im also quite apprehensive about calling someone right away and or calling them too much

if i like the person alot......i WANT to talk to them all the time........but i dunno.....i feel like im being annoying :(

then i'll just get into these quiet spells......not call for like 3 days and then they forget bout me :(

im also quite apprehensive about calling someone right away and or calling them too much

if i like the person alot......i WANT to talk to them all the time........but i dunno.....i feel like im being annoying :(

then i'll just get into these quiet spells......not call for like 3 days and then they forget bout me :(

Yeah I see your point. But I know people who dont call at at???

I luv talking on the phone w/ someone That I like! :love:

I think if a guy doesnt call he is not interested on me!~~

then why would he get ur number in the first place if he wasnt interested? i think the whole first call drama thing is so overblown. i've gotten numbers or email addresses and havent always been able to call or chat the next day for one reason or another. doesnt necessarily mean im not interested, just a time issue. :)

just to be clear, i am not asking this question looking for specific answers to my situation. i prefaced my questions with my little low down of my situation because it tied into this due to the guy waiting three days to call and then hesitating to ask me to hang out two days in a row.

im good to go, if i like you... im going to call you. if i wanna see you and you ask... i'll say yes. only real rule i have is that if i call you and you dont return the call, then we will never speak again. i refuse to call someone again without a callback. if you are interested, you'll call... im not desperate, if i dont hear from ya then ciao.

(not to inply that he didnt call, he did) ;)

because it makes things more interesting... being straight forward is boring...

:biggrin:

i wouldnt say being straight forward is boring....can u imagine what people would be like if people told people exactly what was on their mind all the times(too many people!!;))...most people could never handle that.....being straight forward is a game... a game for extremely advanced players!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

i wouldnt say being straight forward is boring....can u imagine what people would be like if people told people exactly what was on their mind all the times(too many people!!;))...most people could never handle that.....being straight forward is a game... a game for extremely advanced players!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

haha. Exactly. Playing little games is bush league. Being straight forward is for the pros!