Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Paul Hamm (Men's Gymnastics)

Haven't been watching the olympics much outside of basketball, but this guy came from practically last place (after falling on his landing from that horse thing) all the way to first. Holly freakin shit... one of the best comebacks in sports ever was just witnessed tonight.

Korea should have gotten the gold. Romania the silver. I don't understand the points. Hamm was given a 9.1 for nearly falling on one of the judges in the vault apparatus while the Chinese guy was given an 8.9 cause one hand lost its grip on the high bar. WTF? Hamm's performance on the high bar did not deserve a 9.837. It was impressive but c'mon. Kim Dae-eun had no major mistakes in any of the apparati of the gymnastics all-around event!!! And he was beaten by 0.012. :mad:

I sat up and cried when I saw that last night.... definately one of the most amazing come-backs in the history of ANY sport... He was 12th place and came back to win gold....

He totally deserved it.. The 9.1 was based on the actual vault - not just the landing.... you are judged on several aspects of the routine.... he was deducted handsomly for this shitty landing... but his HIGH BAR routine was the best one and I actually thought he deserved a 9.9. I didn't see any korean guys doing 3 release's during their routine....

Also, the Romanian guy got a 9.6 on high-bar which was TOTALLY unfair.. his routine sucked.

Congrats to Paul Hamm.. totally DESERVED to win GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA USA

Hamm was given a 9.1 for nearly falling on one of the judges in the vault apparatus while the Chinese guy was given an 8.9 cause one hand lost its grip on the high bar.

The judges use a degree of difficulty in their scoring system. One routine may be fairly difficult so they will begin their scoring off a 9.75 and make deductions from there, while a more difficult routine will begin grading from a 9.9. That is where the numbers may look like they are scewed, when in fact they are not.

My roommates and I were watching this whole event and Paul Hamm was the last person to go. BUt they went to commercial right before his last event. So we turned to sportscenter for a few seconds and when we come back to the olympics they are anouncing that he won the gold. We fucking missed it. The announcers are yelling, "This is the most amazing thing we have seen ever!!!!"

I wish we could have watched it. lol! This just goes to show you Yogi is still right, "It ain't over, till its over!" Congrats to Paul Hamm! Big ups to my fellow Koreans for placing 2nd and 3rd.

a true Olympic Champion .. congrats Paul Hamm! talk about guts! :)

He didn't do much besides wait until everyone ahead of him screwed up (apparently more than he did, according to the judges). He single handedly achieved going from 12th to 1st on the merits of every other athlete's mistake... :D

He didn't do much besides wait until everyone ahead of him screwed up (apparently more than he did, according to the judges). He single handedly achieved going from 12th to 1st on the merits of every other athlete's mistake... :D
how did your native country Greece do?? :D in any case he achieved his gold medal ,by performing better then his fellow competition. that my friend is what competition is all about.. :)

how did your native country Greece do?? :D in any case he achieved his gold medal ,by performing better then his fellow competition. that my friend is what competition is all about.. :)

I'm not saying Greece should have won (they never even made it)! I'm just saying that the US shouldn't have, when Korea and Romania performed a lot better...

I'm not saying Greece should have won (they never even made it)! I'm just saying that the US shouldn't have, when Korea and Romania performed a lot better...
should have! obviously they didn't perform good enough in the judges eyes, and in the end that's what matters. you bitich about every US win.. so stop your hating .. :)

fuck that

when the Russians give us back the Gold for the fiasco in the 72 olympics

when the russians give back the gold to that canadian ice skating pair ,when the french judge admitted she took a bribe

When Roy JOnes Jr gets his gold form that KOrean that he pummeled in Seoul

Thats when Hamm should give up his gold