Clubplanet Nightlife Community

growing up

deepspell

...ok...so...back to topic.....

....i miss....

skating everywhere i had to go ......

...trespassing to the best locations for a game of hockey...and usually suffering an injury from the fence lol....

...manhunt....RUNNING BASES......STICKBALL......

...i could go on forever....i hate being old lol

...hide and seek.....with teams...boundaries...etc.....usually at night......more like a game of war.....lotta kids prob dressed in dark colors like my neighborhood kids.....u want your whole team to get back to base without being caught....but more like hunting.....lol.....and if u were like me and had an older brother...you got your ass beat if you got caught...

Sports. Playing in championship games, it seemed like the biggest game in the world.

Playing Ring and Run....lol.

Swimming. All day and all night.

Going to professional sports events. They were so much more fun then.

Getting into fights with the kids around the corner.

Everything I did evolved around sports........ :...:

Manhunt was my favorite!!! especially in the woods by my friend's house. There used to be a story about an old crazy man that lived in the woods, so that always spiced things up. haha

I miss..

riding my bike and thinking i got soooooo far

playing barbies and getting all excited about dressing them in new outfits

not paying bills, or even knowing how many could exist

liking boys before i knew what a broken heart was

playing nintendo/super nintendo--- super mario brothers and zelda, f-zero

playing in the pool all day

...hide and seek.....with teams...boundaries...etc.....usually at night......more like a game of war.....lotta kids prob dressed in dark colors like my neighborhood kids.....u want your whole team to get back to base without being caught....but more like hunting.....lol.....and if u were like me and had an older brother...you got your ass beat if you got caught...

that was how we played it around my way. hood manhunt was the shit..u made damn sure u didnt get caught...this kid dirty brian used to get the shit kicked out of him all the time...poor kid...i think he has postraumatic stress disorder from those days.....

he was a fuckin tard though...while every1 wanted to be a basketball player as a kid..he wanted to be a fuckin referee...so when we used to ball this reject would sit there and officiate our games..and get his ass beat AGAIN when he made a bad call.

the illest hood game was when 5 people used to stand in a room and then some1 would turn off the lights..and the person who didnt get to a corner in the room by the time the lights came on would get stomped out

i miss the projects

what were the things u missed doing as a kid that u wish u could still do?

not have to go to school or work...

or when your only responsibility was to get good grades...

no bills...

hang out with friends all day or all night and not have to worry about tomorrow...

skate until i was sore, skate until i was dropdead tired...

wish i still had a fast metabolism... (miss this a lot...)

camping trips with a few forties of coors light, some doobies, some friends and just sitting around the fire having a good time...

play video games all night, then wake up early and play them all day...

miss those childhood nervous first kisses, and asking "do you like me like me or just like me..." (kevin arnold style)

having your entire wardrobe paid for by momma and poppa...

miss being able to go out with twenty dollars and that was a great night...

miss not having the emotional / psychological freedom you have as a child where youre not afraid to do things, or say certain things, or wear certain things because you just didnt give a fuck... "hey im kid thats my job..."

i miss first days of school...

i miss last days of school...

i miss hookie-jams...

i miss manhunt, spud, wiffle-ball...

waterfights/snowball fights.... (although occassionally i will have snowball fights with the youngins on my block... kick there ass with the icecream scooper)

swimming in the pool all day/night...

being upstate every summer...

i miss my grandmother and the chicken soup she made every sunday...

i miss being daddys lil boy, or mommys lil boy...

slumber parties...

pre-teen/teenage corny sexgames (truth or dare, spin the bottle etc.)

saturday morning cartoons...

sunday afternoon kung-fu movies...

oh man so much more but i cant think of it...

but to have the sweet with the sour:

i dont miss having to lie about shit to my parents...

curfews...

asking for permission...

asking for money...

asking for anything...

having to go to school...

being told what to wear...

my father calling me faggot because i died my hair lol...

having to use fake id's or not being able to go someplace because a friend has an id that looks like he made it on a g'damn commodore 64...

having to clean up friends vomit because they thought they were cool when they got that drunk...

fights/beef/tough guys...

having to deal with "cool..." "dont do this its not cool, dont do that thats not cool" STFU, i never really listened anyway... (i hated that shit that ppl were always worried about what everyone else thought of them...)

asking for rides...

asking to use parents car...

asking for gas money from friends...

having your friends ask you gas money...

p/t shit jobs at a pharmacy, an ice-cream shop, skate shop or the like... with ass pay... which means you make just enough money to wipe your ass with...

wearing hand-me-downs... (how come you never got your cool cousins/brothers gear always the herbs... fuckin brown button down shirts or beige blazers with leather elbow pads... wtf sport are you playing that requires you to wear a blazer with protective gear sewn into it~!? shit thats gay...)

having to eat whats at home...

eating left overs...

fighting over "the big-piece..."

fighting over not sitting bitch/hump in the car...

arguing over shotgun...

going away with your family on shit vacations...

having to do chores...

getting in trouble for shit someone else did but eating it because its easier than arguing about it...

camping trips with a few forties of coors light, some doobies, some friends and just sitting around the fire having a good time...

miss those childhood nervous first kisses, and asking "do you like me like me or just like me..." (kevin arnold style)

having your entire wardrobe paid for by momma and poppa...

miss being able to go out with twenty dollars and that was a great night...

waterfights/snowball fights.... (although occassionally i will have snowball fights with the youngins on my block... kick there ass with the icecream scooper)

swimming in the pool all day/night...

pre-teen/teenage corny sexgames (truth or dare, spin the bottle etc.)

but to have the sweet with the sour:

i dont miss having to lie about shit to my parents...

:aright: these are my favs from ur post

Gotta agree that I don't miss hiding nor lying about shit to my parents. Especially when you had to be careful to not leave any evidence behind for them to find. Hiding shit was the worst - my mom's mad nosy so she alwys found shit :mad: But thankfully now, have own space, my shit is mine!