Clubplanet Nightlife Community

ikon tonight? 8/28

basicly ikon has gotten better but is not good. basicly tran is a promoter or works there so he gives good comments.. just do a search for ikon/black and you'll see all the negative comments it's recieved. pages of them, numerous threads. comments from fellow cpers and clubgoers

basicly ikon has gotten better but is not good. basicly tran is a promoter or works there so he gives good comments.. just do a search for ikon/black and you'll see all the negative comments it's recieved. pages of them, numerous threads. comments from fellow cpers and clubgoers

Well Black was a whole different thing, you cant really consider Black the same as Ikon, other then the same building.

I have heard good things about both Friday and Saturday at Ikon. I have heard my share of bad things as well, but i can see that saturday party turing out to be a very good thing.

Well Black was a whole different thing, you cant really consider Black the same as Ikon, other then the same building.

I have heard good things about both Friday and Saturday at Ikon. I have heard my share of bad things as well, but i can see that saturday party turing out to be a very good thing.

The Friday party has been getting much better by the weekend. Rob James and the other weekly djs have been doing a great job keeping the party alive with excellent music. Hopefully the party lasts.

actually people to this day still call it exit and black.. whatever happened there is gonna stay there. different names but people still see it as the same thing.. some of the staff is still there while others left..normal in clubs to have some new people there every couple of weeks..with the amount of promoters these days clubs switch alot..

like i also said before it has gotten better.. and it looks like the place is getting even better..the door people seem better than a couple weeks ago

root..

would be happy to give you a tour of the venue on one of our Godskitchen nights for you to view the changes we are making to improve things there.

I wish you could have come tonight, Greg Vickers from Tribal Gathering threw down an amazing tech house set and the main floor was definetely moving..

there is a LOT of work going into making Godskitchen nights go off, not only by bringing in amazing and diverse talent, but also by giving you many choices of great music to listen to in one venue with several rooms.

again, i'd be happy to sort you out the next saturday or whenever you'd wish..

peace,

dj

I throw the Pink Room/Groovanauts.com parties with Jason Jollins on Godskitchen Saturdays. I'm not just some promoter talking out of his ass for the sake of hyping up a bad party. Can anyone who has been to the Pink Room say that the music was ever sub par (well, not counting the afterhours cheese DJ they had up until this week)? We're working really hard to bring quality talent to our room. However, getting people past the stigma of the venue formerly being Exit/Black is no easy task. Unfortunately, many people have a knee-jerk reaction to the suggestion that any party could possibly be any good if the venue used to be called Exit. Godskitchen obviously has its work cut out for it. They're trying to bring non-sucky DJs to a beautifully remodeled venue. If you guys choose to not come and show your support, the transformation will be a failure and you'll be listening to Guido music in that place again before you know it.

i might go next week.. i don'tt dislike the club completly... i see it getting better than it was a couple weeks ago. definatly like that the fact that godkitchen is throwing the party. i had enough of cin... anyways goodluck with the venue and i'll try to pass by to check it out one of these days

root

root..

would be happy to give you a tour of the venue on one of our Godskitchen nights for you to view the changes we are making to improve things there.

I wish you could have come tonight, Greg Vickers from Tribal Gathering threw down an amazing tech house set and the main floor was definetely moving..

there is a LOT of work going into making Godskitchen nights go off, not only by bringing in amazing and diverse talent, but also by giving you many choices of great music to listen to in one venue with several rooms.

again, i'd be happy to sort you out the next saturday or whenever you'd wish..

peace,

dj

I passed by your room last night a few times, and it was empty the whole night, how are you gonna talk shit about Ziggy, who's been in that room longer than any of you rookie cats. That's the problem with some of you promoters talk too much. Get people in the club then talk!

I throw the Pink Room/Groovanauts.com parties with Jason Jollins on Godskitchen Saturdays. I'm not just some promoter talking out of his ass for the sake of hyping up a bad party. Can anyone who has been to the Pink Room say that the music was ever sub par (well, not counting the afterhours cheese DJ they had up until this week)? We're working really hard to bring quality talent to our room. However, getting people past the stigma of the venue formerly being Exit/Black is no easy task. Unfortunately, many people have a knee-jerk reaction to the suggestion that any party could possibly be any good if the venue used to be called Exit. Godskitchen obviously has its work cut out for it. They're trying to bring non-sucky DJs to a beautifully remodeled venue. If you guys choose to not come and show your support, the transformation will be a failure and you'll be listening to Guido music in that place again before you know it.

I passed by your room last night a few times, and it was empty the whole night, how are you gonna talk shit about Ziggy, who's been in that room longer than any of you rookie cats. That's the problem with some of you promoters talk too much. Get people in the club then talk!

Admittedly, last night was the worst night we had so far. The entire club wasn't doing so well. Maybe many people chose not to go out or skipped town because of the convention or because they'd rather be at the shore on one of the last few weekends of the summer. Maybe they were scared off by KTU broadcasting, thinking that it will draw back the guidos.

As far as Ziggy goes, I have nothing against him as a DJ. I just don't personally like that sort of music and consider it to be cheese. I happen to think that JP is cheese as well. That's just my personal taste and I'm sure plenty of people on here will jump down my throat because to them, he's God. I don't care how long Ziggy has been in that room (which couldn't be that much longer that us "rookie cats" since he started afterhours the same night we started our party at Ikon's grand opening). For what it's worth, he was spinning to a nearly empty room every time I walked by.

As promoters, we can promote Godskitchen till we're blue. Bottom line is if people write it off and not make an effort to support a party that's sincerely trying to bring some quality music to Ikon, NYC is gonna remain the lounge capital of the world, with an embarrasingly lame club scene.

As promoters, we can promote Godskitchen till we're blue. Bottom line is if people write it off and not make an effort to support a party that's sincerely trying to bring some quality music to Ikon, NYC is gonna remain the lounge capital of the world, with an embarrasingly lame club scene.

Sad but true...

Good talking with you last night Reuben. Your dj's were on point all night. The room was not full but the main floor had a great turn out. It seem that each week more people are coming to the club. Godskitchen did an outstanding job with the fixing sound on the main floor.

Sad but true...

Good talking with you last night Reuben. Your dj's were on point all night. The room was not full but the main floor had a great turn out. It seem that each week more people are coming to the club. Godskitchen did an outstanding job with the fixing sound on the main floor.

While the club was off to a slow start last night, eventually, Edgar V's afterhours did draw some people. Godskitchen has the potential to become one of the best (and few) afterhours spots around. It's just a matter of people finding out about it. I'm sure as Godskitchen books bigger DJs in the months to come, more people will come to check it out and the place will really take off.

I throw the Pink Room/Groovanauts.com parties with Jason Jollins on Godskitchen Saturdays. I'm not just some promoter talking out of his ass for the sake of hyping up a bad party. Can anyone who has been to the Pink Room say that the music was ever sub par (well, not counting the afterhours cheese DJ they had up until this week)? We're working really hard to bring quality talent to our room.

ruben i completely understand what you're saying regarding the "monthly" groovanauts party in the pink room. however, godskitchen saturdays is not about the pink room, the pink room is just an element within the overall event. ziggy is a skilled dj and although his style may be different from what you and some others are into, i wouldn't call it cheese.

-

You guys should bring someone with official NY presence. Then show off your stuff to the hopefully massive crowd. Like an Eric morillo or someone who will attract people. Could be a tech dj like picotto or a cox. I am just naming names. Someone that will bring the heads out of the woodwork and then you get a chance to show them what you got, in the pink room, in the main room, your resident dj's, and your performances. Show them what is so different than going to Crobar or to Avalon. Show people that it isn't the stereotypical exit aka Teen night. Etc... Good luck as always...

Peace.

ruben i completely understand what you're saying regarding the "monthly" groovanauts party in the pink room. however, godskitchen saturdays is not about the pink room, the pink room is just an element within the overall event. ziggy is a skilled dj and although his style may be different from what you and some others are into, i wouldn't call it cheese.

-

Yeah, you're right. I didn't mean to imply that the Pink Room is any more important than the rest of the club. I'm trying to get people to look at the whole venue in a new light. As far as my comment about Ziggy, I suppose my personal taste in music shouldn't have been brought into the conversation.

digital--

Carter/Farina, Sept 18th

as far as the other dj's whom have a NY presence, I would make sure to check the board soon as the lineups Godskitchen have coming in will likely to further impress.

question though, have you come by yet for a GK night? if not, let me know..would be happy to sort you out and take you on a tour of the venue.

peace,

dj

ikon has gotten much better than few weeks ago ..

i went to ikon before and did not like it at all .. mainly for the line .. and the guards/door people ..

since then . and since david contacted me . things changed .. the door people are friendlier and the line moves up faster ..

the music is not bad at all .with DJs like walden hann, saunderson .. and bais ..

the club is huge . it takes a lot of effort to make it full that is for sure .. not many dancers there .but that does not boher me ..

lots of space .. many pretty people .. lots of coaches .. many many rooms .. etc. .. great DJS .. that is on the upside ..

and with people like david .. and GK .. the club has good future ..

peace

the MASK