Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Rum Jungle Review

synbat

Went to Rum Jungle Monday (locals night). Nice place. Drummers up in little towers added a nice touch. There is a large curtain that blocks off the dance floor from what looked like a kitchen area. The lights from behind the curtain really put a damper on the ambience. Turn off the lights back there or block them out! One of the projection monitors wasn't working. If they rolled up the screen, no one would ever know....

Staff seemed friendly. Music was decent. Good ratio of guys and ladies.

Synbat

vegasdeejay.com

agreed. its a nice place to have dinner. or maybe a nice drink before going out...they do have an awesome collection of expensive liquors from around the world (pyrat rum..highly recommended), but the scene after dinner is not much to write home about.

I think thi spot has lost it's luster from years back but I htink that will turn around. A friend of mine is the new GM over there and I hope he shakes things up. I went there this past Fri and had a cool time. This was on my way to OBa and after Tang and BE so I was feeling real good.

Yeah this place was kind of cool about 2 years back when I used to hit it up. I haven't been in a long while and haven't heard any reason to go back really. But it's a Vegas-y club. Drummers and chicks swinging on the chairs is a nice effect. Only problem is when I used to go I ran into too many people saying "Hey we went to college together, I used to play ball with you!"

Unless they're a hot chick, that line gets old really quick. :mad:

I was there on a thursday 3 weeks ago. The only reason we went was because we were staying at Mandalay. They played shitty Hip Hop and they have the worst sound system I have ever heard. Even the guys playing the drums were off beat. The guy on the drums at tangerine on wednesday was excellant.

The guy that plays the drums at Tangerine on Wed is the guys that plays the drums at Curve Fri & Sat. Also the house dj on Wed is Faarsheed which is the resident over at Ice.

Those guys who play the drums at Rum Jungle do suck. I was there two weekends ago and could not believe my ears. They were playing to some other beat inside their head. They couldn't even stay in tune with each other. They were looking at each other with stupid grins, like they knew they were messing up but didn't know what to do.

Ive been to Vegas a bunch of times and i kinda like the Rum Jungle. We usually go eat a late dinner there (get a couple of fire pits and load up on strocanos and get fucked up) then stay for an hour or 2 and head somewhere else. By far one of the nicest looking clubs in Vegas imo. I agree that the music could be better and the door alot more strict.

It all depends what your looking for... If you want the trendy, hotspot of the moment- rumjungle is not that. But if your looking to have a good time in a great looking spot with alot going on (dancers, drummers, etc.) without having to wait on line and be hassled than check it out.