Clubplanet Nightlife Community

A few thoughts..........

Bling

The importance of family and friends in times of need, is best exemplified by this quote:

"

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives means the most us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving much advise, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a gentle and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. "

Henri Nouwen quotes

Sitting inside one's home listening to the howling winds....... one comes to realize their mortality. AT a moment's notice, our entire world can be turned upside down by the wrath and beauty of mother nature.

Living through Andrew as I know a great many of you did as well, realize the seriousness of Frances and its effect on our neighbors to the North. When Andrew hit I was only 14 and i can still vividly remember looking outside the bedroom window in kendall and seeing a huge tree uprooted and fly into the window of the bldg nearby........... Mother nature cannot be stopped all we can do is prepare and pray for the best

The past three days the ever meandering Frances has impacted on the fl coast and caused extensive damage up and down the eastern seaboard. My prayers go out to everyone in Palm Beach, and North close to the eye wall. There is nothing quite like being in a hurricane. An event that you will not forget for the rest of your life.

What one will also not forget is the importance of community and family that helps one get through such moments.

Indeed, neighbors helping neighbors.....whether it be neighbors assisting each other to put up hurricane shutters, share food supplies, etc. it truly shows the beauty of this city.

Our beaches will be cleaned up, our homes rebuilt......thanks in large part to our local, state and federal governments.

But most importantly, in those times when one is huddling in the dark, hearing the howling winds,,,,,, pelting rains against the windows.......etc one realizes the most important thing one has is family and friends...... those that not only share in your happiness in life but also in the worst of times .....

I find it ironic though how Hurricane Frances (clearly a horrible time in the lives of all Florida residents), also is a wonderful time in many ways. It brings us closer together and shows us how tighthly knit our community can become in times of need

God Bless everyone and stay safe during the remainder of the 2004 Hurricane season....(Go away HURRICANE IVAN)

carlosf is just hating on bling cause they are both always after the same chicks !! :laugh::rofl: its a competition between the both of them :laugh:

Yup...Bling and Carlosf are the Starsky & Hutch of cock-blocking...always after the same punane...one day they're going to find each other and shit! :pint:

• 1 year later...

:applause: :applause:

Bling, let me add something since you talked about the hurricane season. It has been hard years for S.Florida, espeacially, since we are the ones that get impacted more with hurricanes. I got to say this shiet of Wilma fucked me up, I have never lived through a real hurricane and i have always seen it as a joke. I to reside by the Kendall area, and where i lived that shyt hit us hard. I know that Wilma(our past hurricane) was some pussy shyt compared to Andrew, and thank god i didnt experience Andrew. One thing i have to say in this past hurricane i have learned to respect mother nature. I have learned that humans are not above mother nature but mother nature is above us. There is nothing we can do about it. I get surprise when a hurricane its about to hit us, how we have ignorant people out in the fucking beach thinking its all good and just treat it as a game, and thats why those stupid people die, because they think they are above mother nature and that nothing will happen to them.

I also learned something from the hurricane that hit NO. Those images were very powerful to my eyes. Something very interesting it reminded me of the philosopher Russo(cant remember his first name) It confirmed me that all of us are freak of nature. You saw how those people in NO had to steal to survive, and that is fully justified. Becuase its an instinct of survival that we humans have. Modern times speaking we are civilized(some) but we always have that instinct of survival, we would do anything to survive. Fuck if we have to steal we would do it, this instinct of survival even includes killing or hurting other humans. That is how humanity was at first, those are our roots of civilization.

Another thing. Getting prepared for the new hurricane season. I dont want to scare or sound pessimist. But this shyt its not over, one day(future) Miami will be hit hard and it will be 10X than what happened in NO, I dont want to explain it because its very long,lol. But all of you have to be prepared because the way people behaved in NO will happen here when that day comes, and i have to tell you... You have to be prepare to protect yourself and families. Meaning owing some kind of a weapon,gun,lol. Its true because in those situation you will see the instinct of survival is going to take over peoples behavior, they will steal from you or even try to commit to harm you. You have to act like the lion does to his family, he will fight till death to keep his family alive. Fuck the cops, those people are not going to help at all... Dont rely on the govt. to keep your ass secure, you have the right to own a weapon for your safety.

Edit: thank you for wasting your time and reading my essay,lol jk.