Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Career Dilemna

Felix_Leiter

im seriously considering state trooper...need to go take the test

If you end up working for the State of NY, you could get great benefits and a nice pay

I work for the City on NY as a paralegal. Have great benefits, and in 1 year i can get a civil service title. Once i become civil service, it is virtually impossible to get fired. Same goes for State jobs. :aright:

I am really anxious to go get my masters..

but i dont know what to go for.. i dont want to rush into it and pick a subject just for the hell of it..but i enjoy everything..

MBA? Law School? Med School?

Thoughts???

I've got the same problem bro..I majored in Computer Science and I've been working in IT and it sucks. The pay is okay, but the work is just really miserable and boring..

I'm thinking of going to get my MBA in management or Real Estate. Ideally I would like to end up working for a Real Estate Management firm or even a construction company as a project or building manager. I've got working experience in both so it wouldn't be too hard to get into...Pay is good, and eventually it would lead to me starting my own firm...

I was thinking of Law School also but the way I see it, it's a few more years, plus the bar exam and all that shit. It's gonna take forever for me to actually be a lawyer...

Any ideas on what you would like to do?

lol..buzz cut..oh well...

but i mean state troopers.the job aint that hard...great pay...and you retire young with a great pension.

how can you beat that?

being in any kind of law enforcement is great. I give them so much respect even if people bash them all the time.....its not easy to be a cop :bowdown:

what colleges you thinking bout going to ante?

I am really anxious to go get my masters..

but i dont know what to go for.. i dont want to rush into it and pick a subject just for the hell of it..but i enjoy everything..

MBA? Law School? Med School?

Thoughts???

smoke, definately in the same situation. the one thing you dont want to do is just jump in and take a chance with a masters just for the hell of it. u should have an idea first of what you want and why.

read up on some careers and what is needed for it and if u might even enjoy it. once u start narrowing it down or if u really have no idea, u might want to try and get a job in one of the fields if possible (i know the market is complete sh!t now). i might be doing this because when it comes down to it, i have never really had a REAL finance position, so im going to give it one more try...

one of my problems is that i like ALOT of things, but cant decide on something to stick with. i started off wanting to be an architect, then doctor, and those all faded. Ive done some reading lately on some options out there and some school for a MBA....i would want to take the international route, use my languages...im hesitating because im not sure if i will be "happy" with a career in Finance/Economics. Been putting some serious thought into Art School, a complete 180 :rolleyes:, because i definately enjoy it. but i would be limiting myself quite a bit income wise......which im not sure i could deal with. i likes the Monaayyyyyyy.

making that decision is the hardest part...the rest is cake...

ive bee doin some research to see what i really want to major in since im changing it, no longer goin for film editing......finally made a choice n now im eagered to start next semester! :bounce:

so wtf did you choose as your major.....don't tell me finance.

interesting article in fortune (i think it was ill find out when i get home i have it on my coffeetable) about MBA's and how most CEO's of successful companies say theyre a waste... however a great thing about it is the business connections and associates they met through the schools and classmates, which pushed their careers forward... one harvard proffessor said "ppl with MBA's graduate knowing less than the secretaries at the companies they go to work for and wind up doing less..."

Yeah, cuz he went to Harvard. LOL