Clubplanet Nightlife Community

22-0 a distant memory, Yanks rout Sox twice this weekend!

marconj

A couple of outs away from what would have been a save by Rivera on Friday night, the Sox beat our best pitcher. Then the Yankees pound Lowe, Pedro and the Sox for 25 runs!!! Lieber holds the potent Sox line-up w/o a hit for 6-2/3. Mussina pitches a gem and the Yankees are back to a 4-1/2 game lead. Why Boston didnt shuffle the rotation to get Schilling a start is beyond me! On to Boston next weekend where the Yanks really only HAVE TO take at least 1 game.

Why Boston didnt shuffle the rotation to get Schilling a start is beyond me!

from where i'm sitting, alot of things are beyond you. dont you worry about the sox rotation, worry about your high priced underachieving pitching staff.... with a payroll of almost $200 mil. and an advantage of 4 games is hardly anything to crow about.... if anything, your team is desperately clinging to the lead which at some point was 11 games. talk about choking :hung: it aint over till the fat lady sings.

I am on your side bro, but 4 games with 14 left is pretty solid.

we still got 3 games head to head in boston, i still think we can turn this over and look at it as a 1 game advantage for the yamkees. and besides, the yamkees proved that they can blow chunks against sub-par teams. i still have hope on winning this division... we cant have come this close and just let pessimism take over. i'm still not sold on settling for the wildcard... when we have less than 5 games left and the yamkees still control a 3 game lead, maybe then will i throw in the towel.

sure their pitchers came up big during this series, but its relative : our bats went cold for some reason. we got a formidable hitting lineup..one of the best in the league, its just hard to fathom how they can be silenced in back to back games. dont give up hope just yet. :)

funny how this bozo seems to forget who is ahead in the season series

good call moronj

Listen... I am not going to be the one to rub these last 2 games in any of Boston fans faces... It is not me really. I enjoyed it very much and wish we could have done the meet up this weekend LOL... But seriously the 2 teams normally play great ball against one another. Especially when it really counts and to me New York / Boston rivalries make MLB!!!

Anyway, Boston may be up in the seasons series but that is really irrelevent at this point. And it does not always mean you are the better team. What matters is who wins the division. If Boston takes the division well then you all have the right to rub it in. Other than that we all can give a shit less who is beating who more during the year. Boston swept New York, then New York swept Boston, Boston abused New York, And New York has abused Boston... It all depends on what team is having a better day and what team is having a shitty day... But when both teams are at there best... Well we all know how incredible those games can be...

At this point I really don't care who takes the Division... I mean of course I hope the Yanks do... Which I am pretty confident they will. But you never know. What really matters is both teams making it to the post season. Because the post season, again means alot less if Boston and New York don't battle in October...

Listen... I am not going to be the one to rub these last 2 games in any of Boston fans faces... It is not me really. I enjoyed it very much and wish we could have done the meet up this weekend LOL... But seriously the 2 teams normally play great ball against one another. Especially when it really counts and to me New York / Boston rivalries make MLB!!!

Anyway, Boston may be up in the seasons series but that is really irrelevent at this point. And it does not always mean you are the better team. What matters is who wins the division. If Boston takes the division well then you all have the right to rub it in. Other than that we all can give a shit less who is beating who more during the year. Boston swept New York, then New York swept Boston, Boston abused New York, And New York has abused Boston... It all depends on what team is having a better day and what team is having a shitty day... But when both teams are at there best... Well we all know how incredible those games can be...

At this point I really don't care who takes the Division... I mean of course I hope the Yanks do... Which I am pretty confident they will. But you never know. What really matters is both teams making it to the post season. Because the post season, again means alot less if Boston and New York don't battle in October...

bro, you know me and you know I'm a realist when it comes to sports and my teams.....but this is September so all reason and accountability is thrown aside

all I want is a rematch of last year's alcs Red Sox-Yankees

(a Red Sox world series victory would be nice too :))

sure their pitchers came up big during this series, but its relative : our bats went cold for some reason. we got a formidable hitting lineup..one of the best in the league, its just hard to fathom how they can be silenced in back to back games. dont give up hope just yet. :)

you answered your own question

and last I checked its not how you start, but how you finish, and the yanks pitching is coming together at the right time. Meanwhile, look at your staff. Shilling is a stud, and sunday will be interesting since we beat him last time at Fenway. Lowe has looked horrible against the Yanks. Pedro seems like something is wrong with him recently as well. And shitlocks arroyo speaks for himself, but has pitched the best against the Yanks all year.

at this point, Im done worrying about the red sox. Its now all about where the twins finish. If its possible to avoid Santana in the first round, that would help a lot. Guy looks unhittable recently. Twins and the A's have the same record as of sunday night. Interesting two weeks ahead. :)